Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought the overlander only had aftermarket 35's on it? hence why it drove very slow and looked like there was no space between the tires and fenders.
This is correct. The Overlander does not have Sasquatch, just 35s
Sponsored

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dealers don't know jack squat, that we don't know already, Remember this is the group that said:
  • the overland concepts was squatched
  • that even though the price for leather seats was all the same, only some of them were powered
  • the Bronco would have X-Plan pricing
  • that no one will sell this thing below MSRP
Trust me when and if Ford officially announces the delay of ordering we will hear it first. I trust our network, above the dealer network.

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but my dealer said "I don't know anything about December 7th." Do we have an official announcement and or statement showing that was supposed to be the date to convert reservations to orders?

Edit: Would like to give this information to my dealer.
I just visited my dealership this afternoon (Dec 1) and they knew nothing of the Dec.7th order date. So my guess is that Dec. 7th order date is "fake news" unless someone on this forum can produce an official Ford document saying otherwise.

Sjbiss

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called my dealership last week, West Here in Amherst NY, and they knew about the 12/7 date. Probably just a bad employee at the dealership you spoke with.

Rubisquatch

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For what it’s worth - Technically the only written info stating ordering begins on 12/7 was from Donlen, which is a major fleet company - this did not come in an official Ford communication. The date was/is on Donlens website if you search Donlen Build Out Startup Dates and choose Ford. But, I assume Ford gave them the date as all the other dates on their (ie. Bronco Sport) are exactly correct to what happened and when they were orderable.

At least this date is from a more reliable source than Mike Levine.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

For what it’s worth - Technically the only written info stating ordering begins on 12/7 was from Donlen, which is a major fleet company - this did not come in an official Ford communication. The date was/is on Donlens website if you search Donlen Build Out Startup Dates and choose Ford. But, I assume Ford gave them the date as all the other dates on their (ie. Bronco Sport) are exactly correct to what happened and when they were orderable.

At least this date is from a more reliable source than Mike Levine.
Here is the original date thread.
We’re happy to share some very important dates for the 2021 Bronco! We now know the dates for initial order acceptance, scheduling and the start of production date!
  • 12/7/2020 - Initial Order Acceptance
  • 1/14/2021 - Scheduling Begins
  • 3/22/2021 - Production Start Up
What is Orders Acceptance and Scheduling?

"Initial Orders Acceptance" is when Ford will allow dealers to begin placing orders, but vehicles won't necessarily be built in the order that orders are received from dealers. They get scheduled based on parts and option availability at the plant. An individual option, or even the paint color, can delay your place in line until that option, or paint, is expected to be on-hand. "Scheduling Begins" is when they will start laying in the order of all those previously received dealer orders.

2021-bronco-order-acceptance-scheduling-production-start-up.png

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It's a thing because someone decided to make it up based on some very non-specific and ambiguous comment during a video; people latched onto it...and are now even linking this "thread about nothing" as evidence that ordering wil be delayed. Amazing.
got that right

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Servers are GMT

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If true it won't bother me. Brings us closer to the Mod top being available and also the Warty :LOL:

Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yet he says:
" what we’ve promised to customers that are really chomping at the bit to place their orders early next year".
I believe the word was originally “champing”, anyways, that’s all I’ve got. Carry on.