First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just because some fleet schedule said December 7th does not mean we the general public are going to be able to order it starting that day. The date might just be for that fleet company.

Ahhh...just cancel the whole damn thing. Everybody to Tesla. Abort, abort.

crunchyplum

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy colorado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I called my dealer a few days ago asking when I would be able to convert my Bronco order, and they specifically said the beginning of the year, at first I was confused because the website said Dec. 7, but the Ford dealership that I have my reservation at clearly said starting at the beginning of the year

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I called my dealer a few days ago asking when I would be able to convert my Bronco order, and they specifically said the beginning of the year, at first I was confused because the website said Dec. 7, but the Ford dealership that I have my reservation at clearly said starting at the beginning of the year
Interesting, speculation confirmed, thank you.

bbqbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EG Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Someone tell them to update the website then.

Ford Bronco Bronco Ordering looking like it may be delayed until the first of the year Capture.JPG

Is this another case of "we missed yet another date we've been telling our customer base but now let's take another sh*t on everyone's goodwill and enthusiasm by slowly 'leaking' a new date to some place like Bronco Nation"?

Or do people placing their order in December have the option to update when all the options are updated?

Sigh lemme have some coffee first.

Sponsored

BroncBro

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Someone tell them to update the website then.

Ford Bronco Bronco Ordering looking like it may be delayed until the first of the year Capture.JPG

Is this another case of "we missed yet another date we've been telling our customer base but now let's take another sh*t on everyone's goodwill and enthusiasm by slowly 'leaking' a new date to some place like Bronco Nation"?

Or do people placing their order in December have the option to update when all the options are updated?

Sigh lemme have some coffee first.
They hardly ever update their website...

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I understand why one might think a delay is coming based in that turn of phrase, however... Would anyone say that we are going to have all the options up early next year for the people chomping at the bit for the ordering that starts in December?
No way the Brand Manager, whatever that is, is going to publicly say they won't be ready when the order banks open, especially with the technicality that ordering is not officially completed until... Early next year.

The leap to saying it means a delay in ordering seems tenuous at best

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

User @LEGEND said a few days ago they were still installing equipment on the manufacturing floor and production is only 4 months away, that maybe enough time to finish but he seemed concerned time was getting short, from his posts he seems to be a Ford employee.
This was always the schedule. Initial retooling for Bronco happened during the Labor Day holiday break, with the remaining retooling scheduled for the Christmas/New Year break. Nothing to read into here, yet.

Sponsored

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Whether you order on December 7th or January 31st it doesn't really matter because its based on dealer allocation an reservation number at that point. So why not just wait until January, no big deal in my eyes.
Totally agree. As long as job 1 is not delayed (March I still hope) this doesn't change things for me. It will even make ordering better if the B&P is improved.

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Combining the the information from these two threads is seems like there is now a high likelihood Ford will delay ordering until the new year. This information seems to be confirmed by reading the latest Ford "press release" that their Marketing Company Bronco Nation published on November 23, 2020.
Build & Price update coming next year says Ford
Confirmed: 2-Door Soft Top Accessory Option & 4-Door Sunrider Top by Bestop

From BN article dated November 23, 2020:

So it seems clear, Ford will announce "Soon" that the ordering that was to start on Dec 7th will be delayed until "to place their orders early next year"

Who is this "Plaza-Jennings" quoted in the article? he is Esteban Plaza-Jenning who is the Ford Bronco Brand Manager.

As you can see Ford is using double speak to describe the accessories, threading the needle between "dealer orderable accessory" and "dealer channel accessories". This seems to wipe out much of the early talk of DIO. What is/was "Dealer Install Options" (DIO), it was another way to say order all your accessories on the factory order and they would be on the window sticker and Ford would pay the dealer to install them.
Good catch North7. Just like we were chomping at the bit for Build in Price to be released in mid October!

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Dates - ordering or other come and go in these Covid work restricted times. The thing that matters to me is don't delay the delivery date. If ordering is delayed a month, not a problem. I have already configured 500 Bronco's and I'm only buying 1. Sounds like there may be time to configure, ehh maybe ~ 100 more. I feel the frustration, people just want it ordered and off of their mind, anticipation is a bitch!