North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I just did a long post in https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/leonardtown-ford-reservation-holders.7952/ and it answers some of the questions.
NayNay, thank you for the update.

The short version for everyone, the delay has been confirmed!
The earlier December date has been pushed to late December possibly early January. As a side note I am being told this is not due to Ford but because of Covid and the delays it has created around the world (with building and shipping) that Ford's vendors who create many parts for the Bronco are not completely ready to go yet. Ford is waiting on them.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Yes, but remember I am a dealership going by what my rep has told me.....
Of course, but it is more communication than we get out of the mothership.

Other members have also reported being told January by their dealers as well. The totality of the evidence right now says January is confirmed, because we all know Ford will never tell us.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was just on with Ford Cust Serv and they confirmed, without my prompt, that there are "4 emails scheduled to be coming out".

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got a voicemail from my dealer. It is below. Looks like ordering will be in January.

Hi Craig this is Robert at Ted Britt Ford in Chantilly. I was just calling cause I saw that you were wondering when we start the ordering process for the Ford bronco. I didn't mention whether or not it was a full-size or the bronco sport I'm assuming you were asking about the full-size. We did already start ordering the sports which should be here probably by the end of the month or early in January but the full-size are not gonna start hitting the ground until probably April timeframe. That being said we don't actually start the ordering process until around January to February. It is a 2 to 3 month process when it actually gets ordered to when they start to hit the ground so I haven't started the process yet but I will definitely keep you in the loop. Please let me know if you have any questions meantime feel free to reach me on my cell. Thank you.

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

i‘ve read that the ordering postponement is due to supplier/ supply chain issues due to Covid. I can see how supplier Covid issues can delay the start of assembly and delivery, but I can’t see how supplier issues affect ordering. Unless supplier issues are so significant that the issues may cause Ford to change Bronco features. And Ford did say that B&P snafus won’t be fixed until next year. So I think some changes and more delays are coming our way.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i‘ve read that the ordering postponement is due to supplier/ supply chain issues due to Covid. I can see how supplier Covid issues can delay the start of assembly and delivery, but I can’t see how supplier issues affect ordering. Unless supplier issues are so significant that the issues may cause Ford to change Bronco features. And Ford did say that B&P snafus won’t be fixed until next year. So I think some changes and more delays are coming our way.
Maybe because Ford needs some type of beginning inventory level OR that a particular vendor is not even open at all?

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I got a voicemail from my dealer. It is below. Looks like ordering will be in January.

Hi Craig this is Robert at Ted Britt Ford in Chantilly. I was just calling cause I saw that you were wondering when we start the ordering process for the Ford bronco. I didn't mention whether or not it was a full-size or the bronco sport I'm assuming you were asking about the full-size. We did already start ordering the sports which should be here probably by the end of the month or early in January but the full-size are not gonna start hitting the ground until probably April timeframe. That being said we don't actually start the ordering process until around January to February. It is a 2 to 3 month process when it actually gets ordered to when they start to hit the ground so I haven't started the process yet but I will definitely keep you in the loop. Please let me know if you have any questions meantime feel free to reach me on my cell. Thank you.
Sounds like my clueless call today.. Kept asking me if I knew the difference between the Bronco Sport and the "full size" Bronco. I kept saying "I have TWO reservations, including a FE" I would hope I know what I reserved.

Sponsored

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe because Ford needs some type of beginning inventory level OR that a particular vendor is not even open at all?
Could very well be. Someone who works for a tire company posted here that they were shutting down a tire plant for a while Due to Covid. if Ford needs but can’t get a beginning inventory before opening the order banks, they have 2 options. 1 - wait until the supplier can get all of the parts to Ford, or 2 - find a different supplier. And a different supplier could change Bronco specs.

say hypothetically that Goodyear can’t supply Ford with the number of Sasquatch tires that are needed. And say that Ford is thinking about switching tire brands. something like this would delay the opening of orders.

Navy94

Wildtrak
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sounds like my clueless call today.. Kept asking me if I knew the difference between the Bronco Sport and the "full size" Bronco. I kept saying "I have TWO reservations, including a FE" I would hope I know what I reserved.
I did not say I either way. But I got an email again confirming my reservation.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
If the delay is true I personally don’t care too much. But what I do hope is that behind the scenes they have been taking our feedback into account and making a few wanted adjustments. No guarantee that is the case... but I’m hopeful they’ve taken any actionable intel and used it. They obviously aren’t going to make everyone happy but there are definitely a few things that could make the launch just a bit better.

What I do know is that ford cannot mess this up. And while blame covid is a lame excuse and can’t explain everything, I’m hopeful that some of the people behind the scenes are fighting for us and making some refinements.
Soooo, I we will be getting those Filson Seats in our FE's? Ford would make us super happy.

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On the 13th day of Christmas...
In addition to these timing changes the team continues to actively listen to customer requests and as a result we will offer a new black interior to First Edition customers (more details to follow).

Looks like an extended Holiday, Merry Christmas FE buyers!! Hopefully it's Filson !! I will be satisfied! Now I can get the color I really wanted. Thank you Bronco Team for listening to us!
Sponsored