Sponsored

Bronco orders opening up to everyone in Q4?!

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was talking to a dealership today and they said Ford is planning on opening up the full size Bronco orders sometime in the 4th quarter of this year to everyone. No reservations needed.

Anyone else hear this? Sounds like if true all reservation holders may get filled by the end of the year unless you opt for a Heritage edition.

Don't know how true this is being people are already getting pushed to 2023?!?
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been reported several times that order banks will open up for all in late Q4 and is assumed to be sometime after COVP is complete.

However, that in no way whatsoever means that Ford plans on having all carryover orders and 99's scheduled by years end.

Edit. To clarify, Ford is supposed to evaluate placed orders in late Q4 and determine when to open the banks for walk ins. Which is speculated to be Q4 22 or early Q1 23.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It has been reported several times that order banks will open up for all in late Q4 and is assumed to be sometime after COVP is complete.

However, that in no way whatsoever means that Ford plans on having all carryover orders and 99's scheduled by years end.
If they can't fill the current reservation holders orders why would they make it even harder on themselves and open up the order banks to everyone?

jgraham37128

Wildtrak
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
One of the YouTube videos said Q4 of 2023…. Not sure if this is right but my guess is they have plenty of customer orders to fill. And the extras built will go to dealers for inventory stock.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

yeah my dealer confirmed the following:

closing up current orders now - october for 1st priority off the line.

october - following up on any deposits and converting to middle of the line or refunding

nov - dec - good luck suckers banks open again

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was talking to a dealership today and they said Ford is planning on opening up the full size Bronco orders sometime in the 4th quarter of this year to everyone. No reservations needed.
Reservations have not been "a thing" since August of 2021.

Tens of thousands of people have ordered without a reservation, many have received their Bronco before early reservation holders.

Apparently there are still around 30-50k old reservations that were never converted to orders. Ford is giving folks until 21 November to convert. After that, they are going to cancel all outstanding reservations.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If they can't fill the current reservation holders orders why would they make it even harder on themselves and open up the order banks to everyone?
Are you new here? Ford hasn't exactly been prioritizing res holders. Ford had more reservations then they could build build 2 years ago. 165k reservations the first 3 weeks they were open. Then, opened up to walk in orders in January 2021. Didn't shut off reservations until August 2021. And finally stopped taking walk in orders in March 2022. To date they have produced ~140k. Ford cares about sales numbers and stock prices. I suppose we should all be grateful they are delaying new walk in orders 2 months and not just opening the order banks to every swinging d**k.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reservations have not been "a thing" since August of 2021.

Tens of thousands of people have ordered without a reservation, many have received their Bronco before early reservation holders.

Apparently there are still around 30-50k old reservations that were never converted to orders. Ford is giving folks until 21 November to convert. After that, they are going to cancel all outstanding reservations.
Dam. Well this should get interesting after November 21st. Can't wait to see how fast they build for the masses. Lol.

OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Are you new here? Ford hasn't exactly been prioritizing res holders. Ford had more reservations then they could build build 2 years ago. 165k reservations the first 3 weeks they were open. Then, opened up to walk in orders in January 2021. Didn't shut off reservations until August 2021. And finally stopped taking walk in orders in March 2022. To date they have produced ~140k. Ford cares about sales numbers and stock prices. I suppose we should all be grateful they are delaying new walk in orders 2 months and not just opening the order banks to every swinging d**k.
Yeah I'm new here. 🙄 You don't think I haven't seen what's been going on? I'm only stating what a dealer told me today. You don't have to be a smart ass.

The bottom line is just because dealerships have been ordering Broncos and screwing over reservation holders and selling them on their lots for over msrp that's not the same thing as the general public walking in without a reservation and ordering for msrp. Not even close.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@BlueBronco is kind of correct (and obviously super jaded by the whole process).

But the actual answer is they need to take orders in advance—even if they cannot build all of those orders—so they know which components they need to order from their suppliers. It's a brand new vehicle so they don't past history to look at to determine what components they'll need from suppliers. Granted they do have a year and a half of history already, but what configurations the early adopters buy may not be the same configurations the general public buys after the vehicle has been out for awhile.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Driving Viking

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
@BlueBronco is kind of correct (and obviously super jaded by the whole process).

But the actual answer is they need to take orders in advance—even if they cannot build all of those orders—so they know which components they need to order from their suppliers. It's a brand new vehicle so they don't past history to look at to determine what components they'll need from suppliers. Granted they do have a year and a half of history already, but what configurations the early adopters buy may not be the same configurations the general public buys after the vehicle has been out for awhile.
Should be interesting to see how it works out. I wonder how long it will take someone without a reservation walking into the dealership in November placing an order to get their Bronco?

Took me 2 years 11 days with a reservation. Hopefully the supply chain issues have eased up some and they can pump them out faster.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol, I would maybe classify it as bitter, not jaded. But that's only because there is a bunch of people in our group waiting to be scheduled.

Oh, and frustrated by people's lack of searching but the internet is going to internet.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol, I would maybe classify it as bitter, not jaded. But that's only because there is a bunch of people in our group waiting to be scheduled.

Oh, and frustrated by people's lack of searching but the internet is going to internet.
To be fair the search function on this particular forum is absolutely horrific. I was searching for the words "Price Protection" and the very first result that popped up was a thread talking asking people if they were switching to Heritage or not. 🤷‍♂️

Should be interesting to see how it works out. I wonder how long it will take someone without a reservation walking into the dealership in November placing an order to get their Bronco?

Took me 2 years 11 days with a reservation. Hopefully the supply chain issues have eased up some and they can pump them out faster.
That entirely depends on what you order. If you order a Base or Big Bend with minimal upgrades, you may get it in 3-6 months. If you order a completely maxed out Wildtrak or Badlands—you may not see for 8+ months

DaveR5658

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The official email said that they will monitor the order bank and provide a update in the 4 th quarter, It did not say that they were going to open them then. .