First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Day 1 reservation holder, confirmed 1/27/21, converted 4/6/21, purchased from Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL and had a solid overall experience and they took great care of me through the entire process, I got the truck the day the carrier arrived at the dealership.

Outer Banks, Carb Grey, MIC, 2.7, LUX, Leather/roast, towing, P265/70R/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Received my OB right at the start of the year so 2022 is off to a terrific start! I have owned a few TJ's, both soft & hard tops, lifted & not lifted, stick & auto so I have a very good idea on Jeeps overall as a comparison & this thing is in a totally different league in terms of overall enjoyment so far! It is so nice to have a truck that handles like this, no steering play nor wobble, the suspension is tight and has a terrific overall ride. I have not put this off road yet as in the very early stages of breaking it in, but could not be happier with this truck as it was worth the wait. I should mention the comfort of the seats in this truck are the best I have ever seen, so comfortable!

Tires: It took me no time to get rid of the stock donuts installed and I took a slightly different approach than most of the post reviews and I went with more moderately sized P265/70R/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W with an SL rating. As I looked at the bigger tire options, they are almost all E rated and I will not be doing heavy off roading on this vehicle near term. I am very happy with the 265 size in SL which is only 47lbs per tire and a great ride, haven't had long enough to confirm MPG yet. As you will see from the pics attached, it provides a great stance on this truck and I have not had any tire hum that is noticeable which is important to me as I have dealt with that with past tires and it gets annoying. Very happy that I did not go overboard on the tire sizing.

MIC: Top looked great overall, the road noise is not too bad from what I have seen so far going 80 down the highway, only really noticed it when radio is off. I have also put this through a drive through high pressure car wash and zero leaks so not complaints on the top.

Tech: Very happy I sprung for the LUX, the 12" screen is amazing and I highly recommend. The Sync 4 system has been hands down the best infotainment system I have ever used or seen and I have had many nice vehicles. The calls via Bluetooth are incredibly clear both ways and the volume is loud, I do not find myself having to talk loud or listen closely. The B&O sound system sounds pretty damn good too, maybe down the road will upgrade the sub to a heavier magnet for deeper bass tones, but quite happy with the sound overall and it has a lot of volume.

Those are probably the key points, the truck has been perfect overall and I am a perfectionist so a shout out to Ford for a Quality 1 production from my side, I plan to keep this truck for life as I will convert it to a spare vehicle when the time comes for hunting trips and such so I am in this one for the long haul.
Cheers & happy driving!

Ford Bronco Bronco Outer Banks initial review-excellent & tire selection feedback side pic

Ford Bronco Bronco Outer Banks initial review-excellent & tire selection feedback passenger
Sponsored

Last edited:

BadBradBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Excellent review and glad to see pics of the 265/70/18s. I may be installing the same tire option on our OBX for exactly the same reasons. I’m interested in your MPG once you’ve had them for a few days

cwbolyard

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
THANK YOU! I have these exact tires and sizing on my truck and planned to swap tires with my truck. This is EXACTLY what I needed to see. Any before pictures for comparison

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Day 1 reservation holder, confirmed 1/27/21, converted 4/6/21, purchased from Fair Oaks Ford in Naperville, IL and had a solid overall experience and they took great care of me through the entire process, I got the truck the day the carrier arrived at the dealership.

Outer Banks, Carb Grey, MIC, 2.7, LUX, Leather/roast, towing, P265/70R/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W

Received my OB right at the start of the year so 2022 is off to a terrific start! I have owned a few TJ's, both soft & hard tops, lifted & not lifted, stick & auto so I have a very good idea on Jeeps overall as a comparison & this thing is in a totally different league in terms of overall enjoyment so far! It is so nice to have a truck that handles like this, no steering play nor wobble, the suspension is tight and has a terrific overall ride. I have not put this off road yet as in the very early stages of breaking it in, but could not be happier with this truck as it was worth the wait. I should mention the comfort of the seats in this truck are the best I have ever seen, so comfortable!

Tires: It took me no time to get rid of the stock donuts installed and I took a slightly different approach than most of the post reviews and I went with more moderately sized P265/70R/18 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W with an SL rating. As I looked at the bigger tire options, they are almost all E rated and I will not be doing heavy off roading on this vehicle near term. I am very happy with the 265 size in SL which is only 47lbs per tire and a great ride, haven't had long enough to confirm MPG yet. As you will see from the pics attached, it provides a great stance on this truck and I have not had any tire hum that is noticeable which is important to me as I have dealt with that with past tires and it gets annoying. Very happy that I did not go overboard on the tire sizing.

MIC: Top looked great overall, the road noise is not too bad from what I have seen so far going 80 down the highway, only really noticed it when radio is off. I have also put this through a drive through high pressure car wash and zero leaks so not complaints on the top.

Tech: Very happy I sprung for the LUX, the 12" screen is amazing and I highly recommend. The Sync 4 system has been hands down the best infotainment system I have ever used or seen and I have had many nice vehicles. The calls via Bluetooth are incredibly clear both ways and the volume is loud, I do not find myself having to talk loud or listen closely. The B&O sound system sounds pretty damn good too, maybe down the road will upgrade the sub to a heavier magnet for deeper bass tones, but quite happy with the sound overall and it has a lot of volume.

Those are probably the key points, the truck has been perfect overall and I am a perfectionist so a shout out to Ford for a Quality 1 production from my side, I plan to keep this truck for life as I will convert it to a spare vehicle when the time comes for hunting trips and such so I am in this one for the long haul.
Cheers & happy driving!

Ford Bronco Bronco Outer Banks initial review-excellent & tire selection feedback passenger

Awesome report! Can’t wait to get my Carbon Gray OBX!

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cheers & happy driving!

Great review. Took delivery of my 2021 Ford Bronco - Steele Ford Lincoln, Halifax, NS, Canada.
Ford Bronco Bronco Outer Banks initial review-excellent & tire selection feedback C25ECBD9-1E09-471C-8CF3-0A8103C3DC9F_1_201_a
Bronco Outer Banks delivered yesterday. Pic from this am in natural habitat/ AMB, MIC, 2.3L, 2DR, MID, upgraded bumper. Not even a twinge on buyers remorse. Rides like a smaller G-Wagon, very solid. Coming out of 2016 Ford Focus RS which had the same engine (tuned to 350hp from the factory). Cobb should have their tune for the 2.3L Bronco out soon. JCG

Sponsored

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks great! And the Falken is a great choice.

cecrc881

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Outer Banks, Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Cheers & happy driving!

Ford Bronco Bronco Outer Banks initial review-excellent & tire selection feedback C25ECBD9-1E09-471C-8CF3-0A8103C3DC9F_1_201_a

Great looking Rig! I have same build except for color (Cactus Grey) of exterior and interior (Navy Pier). Congratulations!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm typically not a grey fan, but that does look nice. And good choice on the tires. My buddy has a Rubicon he never takes off-road, but drives around with mud tires growling on the pavement. Kind of ridiculous. I much prefer AT type tires for overall use, and you can still someday off-road with them. I used ATs all over Colorado mountains. Unless dealing with a lot of wet mud, should be fine.

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a great review, I am in Rockford near you. I am an OBX as well. I am happy to hear someone not getting beefier tires, I myself will not be off road 99% of the time but want something stable and secure on the road. I really like how you continue to call this rig a Truck, it is, it is a body on frame with some creature comforts. I am on the fence as to how soon I will up grade tires and wheels. Great Review, thanks and would love to hear more of your findings in a month or so once you have more time with the truck.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a great review, I am in Rockford near you. I am an OBX as well. I am happy to hear someone not getting beefier tires, I myself will not be off road 99% of the time but want something stable and secure on the road. I really like how you continue to call this rig a Truck, it is, it is a body on frame with some creature comforts. I am on the fence as to how soon I will up grade tires and wheels. Great Review, thanks and would love to hear more of your findings in a month or so once you have more time with the truck.
Do you have the official definition of a truck? I like how you call it a rig.

Sponsored

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do you have the official definition of a truck? I like how you call it a rig.
No, I don't have the true definition of truck but I have just always thought of the Bronco as more than just an SUV.

Well I have always thought that vehicles like the F150, 4Runner, and Jeeps were body on frame giving them a bit more ability off road and a bit more rigid, giving for a more rugged ride. While most SUV's like the Bronco Sport is a Unibody design that can allow the manufacturer to make the ride a bit more supple and smooth. Both have their pro's and con's. I have always viewed the Bronco as more of a Truck/Rig then if I had bought a Sport or Audi Q5 or something. I agree I like rig more kind of slots it between the two maybe?

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Cheers & happy driving!

side pic.jpg

passenger.jpg
Great looking Bronco! It's amazing how the right set of tires makes such difference, this is how it should arrive from the factory.

I'm a fellow carb gray OBX in production and plan to do a similar tire swap. Sticking with P-rated tires for all the same reasons you mentioned. Ordered 275/65 Grabber ATx for install on delivery and hoping for a similar ride.. Also appreciate your review on the Lux pkg.

EndlessAdvnture

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Autobahn GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Cheers & happy driving!

How did the Bronco do in this super cold? How is the MIC holding up?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you take a straight on front front or rear of the tires please? I just got my carb grey OBX man the stock tires are so skinny. Trying to decide on after market rims to fit a wider tire probably not huge off-road tires either but something to give it s a little stance.

OP
OP
mcuz

mcuz

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Cheers & happy driving!

Ford Bronco Bronco Outer Banks initial review-excellent & tire selection feedback rear tire
Sponsored