First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nothing shall steal the soccer mom crown from the almighty minivan. Until ford announces the newest member member of the Bronco family, the 6 door, 6 wheel drive Bronco minivan.

Unpopular opinion

The minivan is actually cool now, because soccer mom's are all driving explorers, pilots, X5, highlanders and the like.

Power sliding doors are so cool, opening the door as you walk to the car is cool as hell for the passengers

Also, for cargo hauling a minivan blows away an SUV! People haul motorcycles inside them for crying out loud, try that in a Escalade!

I had a rental minivan, it wasn't even a good one it was a dodge but I loved it and I don't feel bad even a little bit.
Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When the build and price comes out Iā€™m going to have to compare and contrast the OB with the BL to see what comes out better considering the mods I want to make. I initially thought Iā€™d start with the OB but I would have to factor in not just the lift, but the cost of the step rails and wheels/tires Iā€™m paying for out of the gate that I will just have to replace.
For reference, this ainā€™t my first rodeo. This is my JK which started life as a Sahara:
24FA2381-0EE9-4AC6-8CB8-8AAE7F85EA56.jpeg
I like that roof rack with handles. If I were to buy a Jeep, that would be perfect.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gonna make a really unpopular opinion here. Try not to stone me to death...

But the 4-door feels "soccer-momish" to me. I dunno. The 2 door just seems like it was built to maul like a cougar and the 4 door feels like a kitten.

This is also coming from a mid-30 year old dude with no kids, so I have no use for a 4-door. So, likely just biased.
Yes, you are biased (aren't we all?), but that's a fair assessment. I think part of it is the black color. This particular Bronco looks like, "I just traded in my Land Rover for the latest, trendiest SUV!" ?

Not disparaging the Bronco, or even the 4-door, though, full disclosure, my reservation is for a 2-door as well. Two 2-door will never be mistaken as a soccer mom SUV, though in Outer Banks form, it will probably be accused of being a poser off-roader. :D Second disclosure: right now, Outer Banks is my trim of choice (but it will go off-road, just not rock-crawling).

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'll mostly ride with one person or my dog, so my back seats will be down full-time.

If I bring others, they can just climb in over the side since there will rarely be doors/clamshell on it. :)
The 2 door has it's roots in the original Bronco for sure. Same reason I bought a two door Jeep. Plus, just like the 2 door Jeep, I think you could argue that the 2 door Bronco dimensions are more in line with classic automotive designs (when considering how Length, Height, Width and Belt Line work together). Riding in my Jeep kinda gives me that same "I love this thing" feeling I got when riding my past mc's.

I just hope the 4 door will will make me that happy as well lol.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Iā€™d love to see stats on what people actually reserved. I bet itā€™s mostly 4 drs.
Probably 95% 4 door, thatā€™s what I reserved.

John B+9

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 F-150, '13 Golf TDI, '21 GX460
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

. . .Just seem lesser/sissier to me, but that's just me.
Boston182, I don't disagree with anything you're saying. 2-dr Squatch is just a more badass truck, period. But g-- d--- it, get me my lipstick and stiletto-heeled f-me pumps, I'm going for a DRIVE in my 4-door Outer Banks :) Let's RIDE!!!

Ford Bronco Bronco Outer Banks (Non Sasquatch) in Shadow Black All Polished Up WildHogs-WilliamMacy-Belstaff2

Last edited:

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

i actually think this is the best pic of a Bronco that iā€™ve seen. 4 door or 2 door. Thatā€™s the definition of badass.
Ford Bronco Bronco Outer Banks (Non Sasquatch) in Shadow Black All Polished Up WildHogs-WilliamMacy-Belstaff2
Is that a Sasquatch? Iā€™ve seen so many press videos and test vehicles that are ā€œcustomized prototypesā€ that at this point I donā€™t know if the badass ones are even what ford is offering us.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Bronco is supposed to be utilitarian, and four doors and real seats give it much more utility.
Yes, but the Bronco is also supposed to be sporty and two doors give it much more sportiness. :D

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2DR for me for sure now, but taking my kids to play soccer baseball and lacrosse when they were little were some of the best times of my life.....miss it a lot now that they are 19 and 21....love to take them in that ride

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think many of us love the look of the 2D. Itā€™s ? badass. But as you mentioned - some of us with kids need the practicality of the 4D. Also, with a 4D Badlands with a 2ā€ lift and Squatched - I think the ā€œsoccer momsā€ driving that setup could drive across the soccer field flying double middle fingers and have no f@$&s to give. ???
That will be the next trim model, the Canyonero! :ROFLMAO:

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree 100% in regards to the 35ā€ being the coolest selection hands down. I need some feedback and help with the following: I have an RV which I plan to pull the bronco with OB 32ā€ (2 door). I am still on the fence with upgrading to 35ā€™ā€™ but Iā€™m thinking that it might be better for Gas mileage , pulling and driving around the city (90% of time) to stay with 32ā€. What should I do? Is there really that much of a difference? Full disclosure, NOT a Really off-road guy (Want-to-be).lol
Ck out Jeeper vlog's on utube. after watching several dozen vid's you'll know what aspects of off roading are for you.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be seeing tons of those as rentals in my parking lot im sure. Looks good in a ski resort, country club, kindof way. For those folks that are willing to pay 50,000 for a restored Grand Wagoneer but would rather have the modern amenities. And of course upper middle class soccer moms, the cool ones atleast.

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I like that roof rack with handles. If I were to buy a Jeep, that would be perfect.
ck out GOBI racks in Denver. All custom made. about 16 week lead time. Best on market and no drilling into any part of body or top or bumpers etc.
Sponsored