Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 340IX M-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To anyone that saw the truck in person at Rebel East, what are your thoughts on the build quality? Ford has a history of plastic fantastic interiors. I love the layout, but I wonder if the materials feels premium or not. Thank you.
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just when I thought I was down to two colors and never wanted Area 51. This has my breeding apparatus excited.

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've seen the winch on other units without much impact on the suspension. And there's really not that much extra weight here. A few lights, 100lb tent, a small fridge, and a few other things. No way all of that weighs as much as four adult passengers, so I don't see any reason for the suspension to be taking a hit on this demo model.

I'd say they put 35s on a standard BL, but even that shouldn't be this bad. We've seen a winch on BL, and the BL suspension should be more than adequate for the stuff in the back.

Edit: Based on info in other threads, the BN video was wrong and this was NOT a Sasquatch. That explains some of it, but still seems a bit off.

Last edited:

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one of those areas where we shouldn't have to rely on aftermarket. If Ford is pitching the rubberized interior on the BD and BL as being easy to washout and not be an issue if you get caught topless in an unexpected rainstorm, the the entire interior should be vinyl/rubberized. Shouldn't be any carpet anywhere.
Especially since they seem to have gotten this right in the Sport (which doesn't have a removable top).

Hoping someone can ask about this and get a good response from Ford. Absent that, need a lot of someones to ask about this so Ford fixes it.
I asked in person and got the Typical "We're Listening" response. Though the guy did seem to genuinely understand and agreed it was weird since the Sport has it.

Sponsored

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder why Ford would present this rig without the sas lift coils?
Does anyone have a plausible explanation?
If it's already been covered, apologies in advance.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder why Ford would present this rig without the sas lift coils?
Does anyone have a plausible explanation?
If it's already been covered, apologies in advance.
If you don't need the lift for articulation (this is an "overlanding" build, not a rock crawling build), then it's better to keep the center of gravity lower...

...and also it looks BAD ASSSSSSSSSS. ;)

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If you don't need the lift for articulation (this is an "overlanding" build, not a rock crawling build), then it's better to keep the center of gravity lower...

...and also it looks BAD ASSSSSSSSSS. ;)
Nevermind rock crawling..I think that thing would have a tough time not rubbing on a mild trail.
Maybe you are right, but it just seems like one most important features of the sas was left out...the heavier springs for the lift.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I asked about the back of the rear seats. He said it was carpet in this one and that the Sport has the rubberized backing. They really like that and are still exploring it for the big Bronco.

I will also add that all of the seat are marine grade vinyl. We got a chance to touch them. They were great. I am going to be very happy with them.
Little late to be "exploring" this when it should be standard with a supposedly wash out interior.

Sponsored

Hobgoblin

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Touareg, ‘10 Jetta, ‘07 Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Little late to be "exploring" this when it should be standard with a supposedly wash out interior.
I agree. Maybe it is something that they are setting up to be an option that they will announce when B&P comes out?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The likely reason they keep showing the 2.3 is that it comes with manual transmission. The cockpit looks way cooler with an actual stick shift instead of what looks like a roulette wheel spinner.
Pretty sure the auto trans doesn't have a roulette wheel spinner for changing gears. They both have the wheel for driving modes though.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does Ford have an agreement with Fifteen 52 wheels? Just wondering why they would show off a truck with aftermarket wheels. Maybe they will be offered on B&P as an option...?

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty sure the auto trans doesn't have a roulette wheel spinner for changing gears. They both have the wheel for driving modes though.
Better check again. The 2.7 Auto has a larger dial with the GOAT dial closer to the console.
Sponsored