First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Silverado, 1952 Chev 3100, 2016 Honda Fit
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why is that the best place on a topless vehicle? Serious question.
A CB antenna needs a good metal ‘ground plain’ to work properly. Plastic roof panels, no ground plain. I’ve messed around with CB antennas now for 50 years and a fender mount does work pretty well with the nearby metal hood and fender.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think the idea is that overlanding is more than just camping. It is about traveling the trails and camping somewhere different almost every night. So the convenience of just unfolding/folding a rooftop tent makes camp setup/breakdown extremely efficient.

Sure if you are going to go camp somewhere for the weekend or week. Taking a little extra time to setup a traditional tent isn't a big deal. But if you are setting up camp in 6 different spots over the week, it makes a difference. Also I think a lot of the rooftop tents allow for keeping a mattress and blankets, etc inside when you fold it up, so a few extra comforts.

That being said it is a trade off for roof space if you are needing it for other things. But there are other configurations as well, hitch mount bike carriers, overland trailers, etc...

Take this with a grain of salt because I don't have one yet, but have been addicted to overlanding youtube videos recently.
This is the lifestyle I craaaave to get into. But my SO reminds me that I'm going to be a family man and these illusions of adventure in the great outdoors may not occur as frequently as I'd like

...still getting a decked out rugged Bronco though, Idc what she says haha

KJR50

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not telling U.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most of the questions.

Agreed, though. Watching the video and reading the (somewhat incorrect) press release go a long way.
It’s funny that the guy refers to the tailgate as “hatch”.

Sponsored

Proudy202

Black Diamond
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh my God Area 51 you beautiful beautiful girl!!!

Really don't mind the MIC grey top here, seems to match the arches well!

Praying those Fifteen52s are available as an upgrade from factory as I'd be tearing the Squatch wheels off for them anyway!!!

This whole build is exactly what I want ?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If these really are the vinyl seats, I'm happy. Originally wanted a lighter color, but these look good.

Someone needs to get some more pics of the cargo area, ideally with the tray slid out or some of the cargo removed.

More importantly, we need pics that show the back of the rear seats leading to the cargo area to answer a couple of questions:
  • Are the back of the seats rubberized like the rest of the interior? (Haven't been on other pre-production units, but this one looks closer to production spec.)
  • Does this cargo system actually close off the cargo area from the seats to provide secure storage like similar vaults currently available for Jeeps?
Edit: The BN walkaround video certainly implies that the cargo system secures the cargo area, though it doesn't explicitly show or mention if it closes the space behind the rear seats.

Last edited:

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
which should be the same as with Sasquatch according to Ford.
Yup, the only difference is the bump stop on the Sasquatch prevents 35s from rubbing. I am guessing they added the bump stops to this one. This thing looks like it is resting on its bump stops. LOL

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the back of the seats rubberized like the rest of the interior? (Haven't been on other pre-production units, but this one looks closer to production spec.)
Oh man I forgot about that. Great question!

Milamdj

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Versa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok. Are those the vinyl seats (if i missed where it said). I tink the 35s look really stuffed under there. It needs a 2 inch lift. I wonder if there will be a bracket up top to mount a light bar without committing to a roof rack. I will take the tops off a lot.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok. Are those the vinyl seats (if i missed where it said). I tink the 35s look really stuffed under there. It needs a 2 inch lift. I wonder if there will be a bracket up top to mount a light bar without committing to a roof rack. I will take the tops off a lot.
Yes vinyl. Yes stuffed. KM3s have a much deeper tread than the stock Goodyears.