Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Cannyon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure how much I trust this guy after he said “I’ve driven a bunch of Raptors out here and the 2.7 can really go. It’s hard to tell the difference...”. I think he’s drinking the Ford Kool-Aid. Nice review though.
I know it ain't no raptor but if it handles nicely and has good get up and go like he makes it sound I'll be pumped!!!
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A51 color in this video is ??? .. the contrast with the earth/sky is amazing. Would love to have been there for many reasons ... seeing that Bronco being the main one of course!
I didn't get to see it in direct sunlight in person as it was overcast that day at Supercel East but Area 51 is amazing. I was a hater until I saw it in person. Videos and pictures also do not do these things justice at all, absolutely incredible vehicles. Even though dimensions are roughly the same as their Jeep counterparts they seem so much bigger in person.

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So looking forward to seeing A51 In person or any build at this point. Hopefully before i submit my build for ordering ?. Thanks for the follow up, good to hear from those who actually seen the Bronco in person!

Last Ride Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan pup
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I didn't get to see it in direct sunlight in person as it was overcast that day at Supercel East but Area 51 is amazing. I was a hater until I saw it in person. Videos and pictures also do not do these things justice at all, absolutely incredible vehicles. Even though dimensions are roughly the same as their Jeep counterparts they seem so much bigger in person.
I was at Supercel East on a sunny day. A51 is awesome. I really wasn’t attracted to it until I saw it in person. Everyone around me was converting to A51. Also, the MIC top actually looks good with A51 when you see it in person. The truest thing I’ve heard on this form, “You need to see it in person!”

Jarmo Karhu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Regal
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The grey top is hideous. How nice would that look with a white top? The Bronco is the definition of overpromise and underperform.
I agree. I’m grappling with whether or not to go soft top until the painted tops & flares are available or have the MIC top & flares painted myself

Sponsored

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The grey top is hideous. How nice would that look with a white top? The Bronco is the definition of overpromise and underperform.
Not sure what the color of the top has to do with performance, but okay.

zzcoop

Black Diamond
First Name
A-A-Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.postrockimages.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was at Supercel East on a sunny day. A51 is awesome. I really wasn’t attracted to it until I saw it in person. Everyone around me was converting to A51. Also, the MIC top actually looks good with A51 when you see it in person. The truest thing I’ve heard on this form, “You need to see it in person!”
I continue to teeter between A51 and VB. Although we have yet to see any photos of VB on a Bronco, I think in the end it will look killer, and I think my decision will ultimately come down to which one best jibes with the black wheels and blue accents of the Black Diamond trim.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure how much I trust this guy after he said “I’ve driven a bunch of Raptors out here and the 2.7 can really go. It’s hard to tell the difference...”. I think he’s drinking the Ford Kool-Aid. Nice review though.
I mean the 2.7 is significantly less powerful than the raptor 3.5, however the Bronco is lighter and has more favorable axle gearing. In areas where 0-60 is traction limited they are probably pretty similar in regards to “butt dyno”. TFL truck has the current gen raptor at around a 6-second 0-60, and the 2.7 F-150 at around 7 seconds. That’s a pretty big difference but I’m sure Bronco will be in the 6.5 second range.

Last edited:

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Is it blue?
Is it gray?

That is why they call it "Area 51".

Can someone tell me how it works with a Manual Transmission and that 4WD dial (skip ahead to 7:25). I have never used a set up like that. Also, how does the "granny/crawler" work with that?

Sponsored

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anyone know if the rear door will clear a kuat bike rack if it’s attached to the hitch in the down position?
I am curious about this as well. I mountain bike a good deal and will have a bike rack and/or it stuffed inside likely 70% of the time this vehicle will be in use.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Isn’t this a 4 door with the Sasquatch package and roof rails. Something B&P won’t let you build ?
As addressed 17,000,000 times you can do a roof rack as a dealer installed accessory. Or buy it yourself and install. Looking at it in person installing a roof rack will take 5 minutes, ford designed a super slick setup. (The mount on the windshield is 3 bolts on each side, and then the hard top has a “clamp” point on each side)

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Isn’t this a 4 door with the Sasquatch package and roof rails. Something B&P won’t let you build ?
As addressed 17,000,000 times you can do a roof rack as a dealer installed accessory. Or buy it yourself and install. Looking at it in person installing a roof rack will take 5 minutes, ford designed a super slick setup. (The mount on the windshield is 3 bolts on each side, and then the hard top has a “clamp” point on each side)

But also addressed 17,000,000 times, the Badlands Overland Concept in A51 is NOT sasquatched. It just has 35" wheels, it has not been lifted with the Ford Squatch package. That's why it looks like it is sitting low.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not sure what the color of the top has to do with performance, but okay.
Who said the ugly top had anything to do with performance? I believe the guy in the video also commented on the looks of the interior and exterior.
Sponsored