Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah man, I bet that thing could just go straight up a flat rock face with a different color top.

Would everyone prefer color choices on the MIC roof? Yes. But, the "definition of overpromise and underperform" ?. If that were true this site would have died, and there would have been nowhere, and no reason, for you to have made that comment about a vehicle almost nobody has even laid eyes on in person, yet alone driven.

Just not sure it's worth getting this wound up about a color of plastic on the top of a classically (but not overly goofy-retro) styled off-road machine that incorporates tons of thoughtful design and can be had for $30-$35k MSRP in 2021.

Oh and you can just take the roof off.?
Not wound up at all. Just not a blind fan of Ford. They've pranced around all kinds of accessories and interiors that aren't available to the public. Seems like bad marketing to me. I'm not plunking down $60k on a truck I'm not happy with. But you do you, Hoss.
Sponsored

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not wound up at all. Just not a blind fan of Ford. They've pranced around all kinds of accessories and interiors that aren't available to the public. Seems like bad marketing to me. I'm not plunking down $60k on a truck I'm not happy with. But you do you, Hoss.
You mean I can't have a CONCEPT vehicle? OMGWTFBBQ!?

Your unmet expectations were never promises.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

True. I guess low expectations makes life easier.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got all that but the BBQ part. Is it like, steaks and burgers or some other acronym I'm not aware of?! :LOL:
FWIW:
And I see both sides but agree that Concept vehicles are to show what could be done, not necessarily what the factory is gonna offer. And at the same time, it would have been nice to know earlier on some stuff that wasn't available currently or offered at all.
And not being negative or combative to either side. I am one of those on here who really try and fight off the negative.
I love it, FoMoCo did an overall great job here.
Granted I would love to get the slide out, rails, basket on my 2.7 BL, but rack can be done after the fact and at some point the slide out will become available. If not, I'll fab up my own now after seeing their design.

Sponsored

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
haven't seen this here yet

One thing I noticed is Loren mentions Easter Eggs not disclosed yet. With all the B6G folks who have shown up to these events, all Easter Eggs would’ve been discovered and posted and discussed ad nauseam.

so....maybe none of the concepts or pre-production models fully represent what will be available in the end, like has been discussed ad nauseam.

just more fuel to the fire about: no black hard tops, interior colors, missing options on B&P, etc, etc, etc

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One thing I noticed is Loren mentions Easter Eggs not disclosed yet. With all the B6G folks who have shown up to these events, all Easter Eggs would’ve been discovered and posted and discussed ad nauseam.

so....maybe none of the concepts or pre-production models fully represent what will be available in the end, like has been discussed ad nauseam.

just more fuel to the fire about: no black hard tops, interior colors, missing options on B&P, etc, etc, etc
Early on there was mention of Easter eggs that you wouldn't see unless you were working on/modifying your Bronco... implying underneath or behind panels.

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

These things were meant to be modified by the buyer. Get the lowest trim that meets your minimum needs/wants then go crazy aftermarket.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Early on there was mention of Easter eggs that you wouldn't see unless you were working on/modifying your Bronco... implying underneath or behind panels.
Oh well, I guy can hope can't he? I will be fine with whatever is available at the end and couldn't care less about Eater Eggs. Thanks for the clarification though, I didn't see that note.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So like an actual legit Easter egg, not just little visual decorations. That would actually be really cool.

A little something for those of us not afraid to wrench in our vehicles.

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So like an actual legit Easter egg, not just little visual decorations. That would actually be really cool.

My interpretation was that all the “Easter eggs” would just be visual, whimsical stuff... no secret mini guns or a surprise SFA.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A Bronco logo on a headlight didn't impress me much. Hopefully there is something actually cool somewhere.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My interpretation was that all the “Easter eggs” would just be visual, whimsical stuff... no secret mini guns or a surprise SFA.
That's certainly more realistic. Would definitely be cool if they tossed in a couple little details for that small percentage of owners who will tear their rig apart though.

R11

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.basequatch.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

? ok
Sponsored