First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Bronco Overlanding 6 months review + photos from Southern Utah, Colorado and Wyoming 1660472445339
Where was this picture taken at, if you don’t mind saying
Sponsored

Spartan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Things I don’t like:
  • Noise. It’s factually quite noisy on the highway and it gets tiring for long road trips. I don’t remove the hardtop much so I wish they had a non removable top version.
  • Interior build quality. Plastics are flimsy. Non premium materials for a premium price.
Ford really should consider a non removable top/door version (and no that's not the Sport).

That would solve the noise and a lot of rattle issues. A fixed top/doors with a moon roof would be amazing.

My Audi has the best plastics I've seen. The dash material is what every car should have. And with these Broncos hitting the 50K price with the high/lux trims, they should have the higher end materials like an Audi has.

Great review and pics!

Last edited:

2ndgenirish

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

(Complaint:)
Suspension platform when loaded. The Bilstein work really well when the vehicle is empty, but throw in overlanding gear and it will bottom out on mild bumps at 15mph. That’s expected though for a stock vehicle, and it still is miles better than most vehicles money can buy, and the easy fix will be stiffer springs and compression adjustable coilovers.
Thanks for sharing your experiences. My Bronco has not yet arrived so I still am in planning stages.

Questions about load capabilities, the 'squat.' Could you estimate in pound-load (passengers plus stuff) that bottomed out the suspension?

Do you have a sense of a reasonable load that allow for good suspension travel?

I am wondering if an off-road trailer is a better strategy.

Would you do anything different?

Thanks again.

mcon33

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
there has been several issues with tie rods breaking, 2.7 engine issues, and myself have experimented a few such as the 12V that failed during one trip and left me with a battery that couldn’t recharge and therefore couldn’t power my fridge.

It’s mounted directly. No need for crossbars at all. The main thing I like about this tent is the way (I set it up with my wife on the roof easily) and the clamp system that is lockable and tool less. Much better system than anything else in the industry.
I don’t love it for several reasons:
It’s the 2 person model and being 6’6” it’s too small for me. The mattress is quite uncomfortable. The fact it’s a soft shell, it takes longer to open and close. Also, it’s bulky.
my 2 favorite tents are the James Barroud (excellent quality, better mattress, available in XXL), and the iKamper 3.0 (almost king size mattress). Both set up instantly and take a min to take down. The reason I don’t own them is at 160 lbs my wife cannot put it on the roof with me. And because we can’t clear the garage door, we do have to set it up each time.
For now on I will use the ground tent (it’s a Decathlon 2 seconds easy, best tent on the market because it sets up in 20 seconds, faster than a RTT in fact.)
In the future I will maybe getting a small trailer that can accommodate a nice RTT on top that i

in my previous SUV we were doing just that. Not super practical in the bronco. It’s shorter so I don’t fit at 6’6”, the cargo area is not flat, and there is the fridge.
plus what I always hated anyway before was that you have to put all your gear somewhere when you sleep.
but doae

It’s not OEM. I won’t post the website as there were the worst business I have ever dealt with but it’s one you already saw mostlikely

I had issues with it initially. I posted about it here on the forum. Their customer service was excellent.
Some of the issues I had to fix myself. In hindsight I love it. Having the fridge slide and now with the shelf I just received it’s going to be so practical.

Yes, see above comment
thank you for the more in depth details. Yeah, if I lose my fridge I'm losing my $h1t
Sponsored