Bronchiosaurus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I know I'm not the only one that noticed that FORD was strategically targeting Jeeps foothold in the overland community, more with the Sport model than the "regular" BRONCO, at least in the teasers. However, I've owned Jeeps in the past that I used for overlanding, with rooftop tents, awnings and fridge/freezer in the back and that being said, I'm REALLY excited to see the options FORD is releasing from the factory (if they aren't as expensive as aftermarket mods) with the Broncos 200+ accessory catalog including ARB compressors, tents, awnings and even a fridge/freezer that will be available from FORD. That being said, I don't know why FORD and other dealers mark up their accessories as much as they do when they know the aftermarket community will be much less, that paired with the fact that FORD has the means to mass produce them and cut cost, while still being American made. I know it typically takes a year from concept to mass production with aftermarket accessories, so having racks, mounts, and everything available HOPEFULLY at the time of release will be awesome! I also can't wait to see what SEMA will bring for the BRONCO and the fact that they have an overlanding specific section now, due to popularity. I'm thinking of making a Mod for the center console grab handle, where I unbolt it and replace it with a mount for a CB Radio or a rifle holder for my M4 rifle that I use to dispatch varmints and coyotes on our farm. I'd love to hear from you guys, what you think and hopefully see some overlanding builds, pics and ideas and concepts here soon!
Sponsored

paxfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 fx4 eco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I intend to camp with mine frequently, but will need to pare down gear in the bronk. Somehow, we seem to fill my f150 screw for just a long weekend in the wilderness.

Having owned an RTT, would you go that route again?

Shane

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser and 2001 F250 SD 4WD 7.3l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I intend to camp with mine frequently, but will need to pare down gear in the bronk. Somehow, we seem to fill my f150 screw for just a long weekend in the wilderness.

I own an iKamper RTT, but will not be going that route again. I like to setup camp and have the ability to go wheelin’ and explore, when we’re not hiking or fishing or just relaxing at our camp. So setting up and tearing down and packing to drive around part of the day sucks.
We have an A-liner pop-up, hard-sided, that we can setup and detach quickly, that this will tow with all our gear for dry camping, dispersed or Boondocking. For when we wanna go way out and 4-wheel somewhere, we will ground camp in a tent. I just need to pare-down some more gear, and go smaller with some things. Especially since I’m going to try to make the 2-door work with the Woman and two Beagles. Pretty sure we can. We will!

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm very much on the fence between how I want to order our Bronco because part of me loves the 2 door fun toy but the other sides likes the idea of being able to load up the 4 door and drive across the country.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronchiosaurus

Bronchiosaurus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I would likely do an iKamper personally due to it being easy up and easy down. However, I think I will answer the question with a question. Will you be wheeling during the day and come back to the same campsite? If so, I would recommend bringing camping gear, setting up camp off the vehicle. If you plan on setting up and staying put, on vehicle camping is good to go. If you plan on camping and going out during the day or need to run to the store, I would look into quick deployable and takedown RTT and cooking gear, such as a slide-out and in system, in the trunk.

19Bronco70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70 Bronco, Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think for the bronco i will be setting up my RTT on a trailer.
That’s what I will be doing. My 70 is my current camping rig and it holds nothing as far as gear. I pull a small trailer behind for the gear that I modified to take a RTT. That way I can equip it with one of the extra large size RTT and leave at camp while driving around.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Right now I have a Tacoma with a Roam Vagabond RTT. I’m toying with the idea of putting it on a trailer, but that’s much more expensive than the roof rack route. Will have to see what kind of options they come out with. I want to retain the quick ability to take the roof/doors off without the hassle of taking the tent/rack off as well.

dpav02

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Toyota 4Runner Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very much on the fence between how I want to order our Bronco because part of me loves the 2 door fun toy but the other sides likes the idea of being able to load up the 4 door and drive across the country.
This is partly why I went for the 4-Door as well. Just more room for daily life things since my Bronco will be daily driven.

Sponsored

Blackandbluebronco

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any advice on what equipment should be standard for overlanding? example, front, rear lockers, sway disconnect, 33’s or 35’s? I reserved the badlands. Just wondering if it’s overkill. Or should I just go with the idea that it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it?

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Any advice on what equipment should be standard for overlanding? example, front, rear lockers, sway disconnect, 33’s or 35’s? I reserved the badlands. Just wondering if it’s overkill. Or should I just go with the idea that it’s better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it?
An inverter, and big battery or alternator. Also auxillary switches. Non carpeted floors.

Badlands is good, but really any bronco will be decent for overlanding. Sasquatch really makes the grade though. Thats a no worries setup.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Rubicon expedition products have a roof top tent mount that goes in your hit and folds down with a couple of kickstands for support legs. Could be and option.
Ford Bronco Bronco Overlanding Equipment c190016_2
Ford Bronco Bronco Overlanding Equipment hitchtent-rack-system-01_6

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bronchiosaurus

Bronchiosaurus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rubicon expedition products have a roof top tent mount that goes in your hit and folds down with a couple of kickstands for support legs. Could be and option.
Now that's something I haven't seen, however it seems you would have to relocate the rear tire on the swing gate.

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious how much room is behind the second row on 4 door. Ideally I’d like to fit a fridge going N-S and still have room for my dog back there. In the 2 door running footage they have a fridge going E-W back there, but it just takes the entire space.
Sponsored