Sponsored

Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue?

Have you had any QC issue?

• Yes

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 16.1%
  • I donā€™t have a Bronco

Votes: 205 67.2%

• Total voters

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FYI....just keep in mind folks reporting issues have a Bronco built when the assembly line was moving at half-speed.
Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the last few days I see a high number of people on FB with QC issue. From someone getting a new top that looks spray painted, to the window not working when opening doors, to someone who gets manufacturing tools in the trunk it seems that Ford is rushing production with little QC.
Curious to know if you have had any issue so far?

Ford Bronco Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue? fozzy

I wish mine came with free manufacturing tools. Sheesh.

My swinggate was dented prior to me taking delivery - I double checked to make sure I hadn't done it on a trail somewhere and looked at my photos from the delivery day and saw the dent in the swinggate, so I should have a good argument for getting that fixed. The dent is near the edge of the lower hinge, at first I wasn't sure it was an actual dent, but yeah, it's a dent. Frankly, probably transport damage from the train.

My trim on between the driver side tail lamp and the swing gate is way out of wack. The dealer is taking it into the body shop to get that sorted out.

The latch on the right side of the top has been problematic, but that's just an adjustment sort of thing. I am making minor adjustments to the latch to make it work better. I took it into the service and they had no idea, so I took it home and looked at it with my highly trained engineer eye and realized it's adjustable with a T30 torx driver, so I'll just fix that on my own.

Mechanically, everything's been super.

Ford Bronco Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue? IMG_1750

Ford Bronco Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue? IMG_1746

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wish mine came with free manufacturing tools. Sheesh.

My swinggate was dented prior to me taking delivery - I double checked to make sure I hadn't done it on a trail somewhere and looked at my photos from the delivery day and saw the dent in the swinggate, so I should have a good argument for getting that fixed. The dent is near the edge of the lower hinge, at first I wasn't sure it was an actual dent, but yeah, it's a dent. Frankly, probably transport damage from the train.

My trim on between the driver side tail lamp and the swing gate is way out of wack. The dealer is taking it into the body shop to get that sorted out.

The latch on the right side of the top has been problematic, but that's just an adjustment sort of thing. I am making minor adjustments to the latch to make it work better. I took it into the service and they had no idea, so I took it home and looked at it with my highly trained engineer eye and realized it's adjustable with a T30 torx driver, so I'll just fix that on my own.

Mechanically, everything's been super.

Sorry to hear that!

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
11 out 18 have issues? Yikes. Iā€™m starting to get nervous since my dealer is located a few states over.

TK421

Outer Banks
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had my Outer Banks for 1 month. My soft top won't close correctly. Dealer said the bar was bent.

Seeing similar door seal and wobbly window on the passenger as others have mentioned.

The paint quality is pretty bad. Scratches if a leaf hits it. Could be the wax layer. Already thinking I might get it painted. I assume paint isn't covered in the warranty.

Might just be me but the engine seems to run super hot. Like can't touch the hood hot.

Also I've had to floor it a couple of times to avoid other cars and a terrible burning smell, not the tires, came out of the engine. Parked it in the garage and it stunk up the house for a few hours.

The brakes are super light. Not sure if that is the way it's supposed to be.

Other than that I find reasons to go out and drive the car. It's great.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
good point
Yep but thatā€™s the one and same QC issue : the top. However whatā€™s concerning is that many on this post and elsewhere are having random QC issue from everything.

straycat

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Camry, 2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ive had my OBX since Aug 13th, sitting at about 630 miles so far. No QC issues that I've noticed. Paint looks good, no blemishes. No window, soft top, or engine problems. Granted, my short time of ownership and low miles are most likely a factor so far. But so far so good.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Iā€™ve had mine for about 2 months and about 4K miles and donā€™t have any mechanical quality concerns. However, outside of the MIC top, I do have a few pretty sloppy and terrible paint imperfections. Iā€™m hoping to have them corrected via warranty. The one paint defect (passenger a pillar) kind of shocks me that it made it past QC.

Lmao I was gonna say "it's a Ford, the paint is gonna be pretty mediocre, don't expect too much"

Then I saw your pic and was like wtf how šŸ˜‚

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
@Administrator you might want to put this in front page so we get relevant data. So far more than 50% of people with a Bronco have had QC issue.
Need to keep in mind the data you get here will always be skewed to the negative due to the type of people you'll find on internet forums.
Sponsored