Sponsored

Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue?

Have you had any QC issue?

• Yes

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 16.1%
  • I donā€™t have a Bronco

Votes: 205 67.2%

• Total voters

BaseBD

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4D Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
About 4,000 miles on the clock with a cross country road trip. Overall for being a July build early in the process nothing has been too extreme but it does have a few quirks.

1. Parking brake switch was broke at delivery. Granger fixed it right away. Took the truck in to track down a rotational noise when I turned left ( bracket just out of place would graze rotor on turn, all good now) when I got the truck back the parking brake switch didn't work again. It works now but you need to manually move it to each position. Going in tomorrow for a new switch. Kind of a big deal as I have the 7MT.

2. During our road trip after having the cruise set at 75+ for an extended period, a check brake system alert came up. After that alert occasionally the brake would be stiff like the booster wasn't working. After I put a little pressure on the pedal everything worked fine. It did throw a brake booster code. Gonna ask if they can look into that tomorrow as well. Driving without cruise or slower than 70, the alert never came up. I did put 35's on and hadn't adjusted the tire size in the computer yet. Not sure if they are related. I adjusted tire size this weekend but I do not live in an area where it is easy to test driving with the cruise at 75.

3. My rear windows lower pretty slow when you go to open the door. I have to make a conscience effort to pull the handle but not pull open the door to help keep the window from getting snagged up the top of frame.

Maybe something there with the booster and/or windows but overall for an early build I am not too concerned yet with the quality. Will get things addressed as I have time.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure if mine is a QC issue or if the dealer broke my soft-top before delivery, but 2 of the clips that hold the driver's side edge of the rear panel to the bracket/rib are broken. Dealer said they'll take care of it, so it's not a huge issue (yet).
I have the same thing but passenger side. Dealer ordering a new one under warranty. I want to say the back window was almost $900 and on back order. No issues with leaks or anything because of it. The side windows clip into the front and seal that spot.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Need to keep in mind the data you get here will always be skewed to the negative due to the type of people you'll find on internet forums.
I donā€™t think so. That can be the case on websites with reviews where people mostly go to put a review if they have an issue, but here on B6G we are people super excited and positive about the Bronco, most of us patiently waiting for ours to arrive. I donā€™t think a majority of the people here are skewed to the negative towards the Bronco, if anything itā€™s the contrary.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I donā€™t think so. That can be the case on websites with reviews where people mostly go to put a review if they have an issue, but here on B6G we are people super excited and positive about the Bronco, most of us patiently waiting for ours to arrive. I donā€™t think a majority of the people here are skewed to the negative towards the Bronco, if anything itā€™s the contrary.

I'll try to phrase it a little different.

Yes, we are mostly positive about the Bronco, that is why we are all here, after all.

I just meant, people who notice problems, and people who use their rig hard enough to develop problems, are more likely to be on this forum than are the thousands of soccer moms and mall crawlers who are problem free, don't notice things like paint imperfections, and just generally don't care enough to be on a forum.

Sponsored

AceGoliath

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco OBX SAS , 22 Maverick XLT, 10 Fusion SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This trim/cover piece that goes over the camera is very loose on mineā€¦barely hanging on. Iā€™m actually surprised it hasnā€™t fallen off while driving. I noticed it was loose when I was cleaning the inside of the windshield.

Iā€™m currently out of town working 12s on nights for a few weeks so havenā€™t had a chance to bring it in yet.

Ford Bronco Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue? 4D2C2905-22DE-4361-8EF2-4E2C7BA4895F

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the last few days I see a high number of people on FB with QC issue. From someone getting a new top that looks spray painted, to the window not working when opening doors, to someone who gets manufacturing tools in the trunk it seems that Ford is rushing production with little QC.
Curious to know if you have had any issue so far?

Ford Bronco Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue? 4D2C2905-22DE-4361-8EF2-4E2C7BA4895F

isn't your dealer supposed to do an inspection on the vehicle before you take delivery? I have seen 5 or so people post that this was left in there Bronco.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same thing but passenger side. Dealer ordering a new one under warranty. I want to say the back window was almost $900 and on back order. No issues with leaks or anything because of it. The side windows clip into the front and seal that spot.
$900? Holy price gouging, Batman!

Mine is also not leaking, just looks shoddy.

RednWhite89

Badlands
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep but thatā€™s the one and same QC issue : the top. However whatā€™s concerning is that many on this post and elsewhere are having random QC issue from everything.
Don't be naive. It's not just the MIC top. Soft tops are being held back at an alarming rate. At least prior to 8/30 build. Next week will be 8-weeks of no updates from Ford, and stuck "in production" hell.

Sponsored

mikey_photo

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lmao I was gonna say "it's a Ford, the paint is gonna be pretty mediocre, don't expect too much"

Then I saw your pic and was like wtf how šŸ˜‚
My thoughts exactly. My last several vehicles where very German (or Bavarian) and all had flawless paint and very good overall QC. So I was going with the whole, ā€œdonā€™t expect too muchā€ perspective.

Outside of the A - Pillar ā€œglobā€ I have a tiny bit of what looks like drips on the bottom of the doors and, if Iā€™m being super picky a few tiny paint bubbles on a couple of panels. The latter almost looks like it has some debris under the paint.

Not the end of the world and Iā€™ll take it over mechanical issues any day. Of course the Bronco will be used as intended and get marked up but would prefer I be the one to add the blemishes.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No huge QC issues. Although I had my interior out and all the seam sealer at the seams looks like it didnā€™t cure correctly. It crumbles like dirt.

I do feel that Ford cut serious corners with these. Stuff like the heater/AC plumbing isnā€™t really attached to anything. They wrapped it in open cell foam tape and kind of let it settle into place. You can grab it and move it around.

One really odd thingā€¦ Ford must have ran out of exterior Tessa tape. Most of the wire harnesses under the hood are wrapped in interior Tessa tape (the fleece stuff) rather than all weather exterior tape.

On the positive side, drivetrain seems super solid. I can get over the cosmetic stuff and other little quirks.

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No huge QC issues. Although I had my interior out and all the seam sealer at the seams looks like it didnā€™t cure correctly. It crumbles like dirt.

I do feel that Ford cut serious corners with these. Stuff like the heater/AC plumbing isnā€™t really attached to anything. They wrapped it in open cell foam tape and kind of let it settle into place. You can grab it and move it around.

One really odd thingā€¦ Ford must have ran out of exterior Tessa tape. Most of the wire harnesses under the hood are wrapped in interior Tessa tape (the fleece stuff) rather than all weather exterior tape.

On the positive side, drivetrain seems super solid. I can get over the cosmetic stuff and other little quirks.
still a pain for a 60K vehicle

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

still a pain for a 60K vehicle
I hear ya. I was slightly disappointed that I didn't find any home depot wood trim and cam-buckles like Tesla was using.

Ford Bronco Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue? 1632852633983

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
šŸ˜‚. I mean, does a check engine light from day 1 plus engine failure at 600 miles count? That was 9 weeks ago. Bronco still at the dealer.
Sponsored