Sponsored

Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue?

Have you had any QC issue?

• Yes

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 16.1%
  • I don’t have a Bronco

Votes: 205 67.2%

• Total voters
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
😂. I mean, does a check engine light from day 1 plus engine failure at 600 miles count? That was 9 weeks ago. Bronco still at the dealer.
horrible. Sorry for you.
the results from the poll are terrible to say the least.
Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just meant, people who notice problems, and people who use their rig hard enough to develop problems, are more likely to be on this forum than are the thousands of soccer moms and mall crawlers who are problem free, don't notice things like paint imperfections, and just generally don't care enough to be on a forum.
To me this actually just demonstrates that a wider population sample of owners would UNDERreport problems and this forum is more accurate. Just because a soccer mom doesn’t notice a QC issue doesn’t mean it isn’t there.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I get that trouble-free folks might not report....but given the teeny-tiny number of Broncos in customer hands driven for teeny-tiny miles, does anyone else think we're seeing a surprising number of issues?

....for Ford's "most important launch" in decades?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Might just be me but the engine seems to run super hot. Like can't touch the hood hot.
Does your Bronco have the lux hood liner? I found my hood was hot (I assume due to no insulation) but the engine runs a reasonable temperature according to the dash.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get that trouble-free folks might not report....but given the teeny-tiny number of Broncos in customer hands driven for teeny-tiny miles, does anyone else think we're seeing a surprising number of issues?

....for Ford's "most important launch" in decades?
Given a sample size of 36 people with yes/no responses, I wouldn't get too carried away.

Sponsored

BroncoAdventures

Base
First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ford escape titanium ,1991 toyota 4x4 22re
Your Bronco Model
Base
I noticed a faint clicking sound when I step on the brake . Anybody else notice that ? Also if I floor it sometimes I here a little rattle by my foot . I took it to the dealership and they said everything looked fine . It does run fine so I don’t know 🤷‍♂️

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Given a sample size of 36 people with yes/no responses, I wouldn't get too carried away.
Your are correct the sample size is very small. But it is more owners with problems than I would have expected. Does anyone know the total number of Broncos delivered to date?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I noticed a faint clicking sound when I step on the brake . Anybody else notice that ? Also if I floor it sometimes I here a little rattle by my foot . I took it to the dealership and they said everything looked fine . It does run fine so I don’t know 🤷‍♂️
I have not experienced anything like that myself.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me this actually just demonstrates that a wider population sample of owners would UNDERreport problems and this forum is more accurate. Just because a soccer mom doesn’t notice a QC issue doesn’t mean it isn’t there.
If/when I get my Bronco, I will probably not be on the forum unless there is an issue. There is a very self selecting culture here, and it has skewed very negative recently. People without problems or who are happy with their vehicle are probably on here less and less.

So I disagree with your assessment.

TK421

Outer Banks
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does your Bronco have the lux hood liner? I found my hood was hot (I assume due to no insulation) but the engine runs a reasonable temperature according to the dash.
I have the lux package but have no idea if it has the lux liner. Never heard of that I will have to look it up. And yes, same, the engine temp says its ok on the gauge

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the lux package but have no idea if it has the lux liner. Never heard of that I will have to look it up. And yes, same, the engine temp says its ok on the gauge
AFAIK all lux packages have the hood insulation, mine is not a lux so it does not.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
4Dr Base Sasquatch 2.7L hardtop

I've got 4500 miles on my Bronco and love it. I have a couple minor issues.

1) The driver's side rear window does open fast enough when opening the door. So, every time I open that door, the top of the window catches on the rubber seal and then breaks loose cause the window to pop off the rubber and reverberate a second. Mildly annoying and concerned for the long term. I will have the dealer check it out, but not sure how this can be fixed. The rest of the doors operate fine.

2) The clock does not keep time. Every time I reset it, it goes back to 12:00 when i turn off the engine. Mildly annoying. Easy software fix?

3) The air conditioning sometimes momentarily blows a bit soft and doesn't feel cool enough, then a moment later, it feels like the fan or system kicks in and then it lets out an artic blast. It's hard to explain, but very noticeable on our east coast road trip. The wife and I were surprised by this many many times.

4) Front grab handles: This is a design flaw rather than a mechanical issue, but the front grab handles are not useful at all. We have the Sasquatch package and no tube steps (yet). It's a big step up in to get your ass into the seat. I'm small and skinny. Anyway, as a driver the grab handle is way on the left and too low to be of much use getting into the seat. You have to throw yourself in with your right hand on the seat as leverage to do the maneuver. If the grab hand was up high in the corner at the top of the 'A" pillar it would be WAY more useful for egress! If @Ford is listening, you guys really need to re-think this one!

These are all minor issue that need fixing, but overall my wife and I love the Bronco.

TK421

Outer Banks
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Does anyone actually get airflow to the back seats? Ive tried both heat and cool and neither work.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a small one that will probably result in either nothing, or a different soft top. I have an avalanche of water hitting me when I open my door in the rain. I'm waiting on the dealer to call me back about that.
I've had my Outer Banks for 1 month. My soft top won't close correctly. Dealer said the bar was bent.

Seeing similar door seal and wobbly window on the passenger as others have mentioned.

The paint quality is pretty bad. Scratches if a leaf hits it. Could be the wax layer. Already thinking I might get it painted. I assume paint isn't covered in the warranty.

Might just be me but the engine seems to run super hot. Like can't touch the hood hot.

Also I've had to floor it a couple of times to avoid other cars and a terrible burning smell, not the tires, came out of the engine. Parked it in the garage and it stunk up the house for a few hours.

The brakes are super light. Not sure if that is the way it's supposed to be.

Other than that I find reasons to go out and drive the car. It's great.
I would get to the dealer pretty quickly. Sorry about all of that.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

3) The air conditioning sometimes momentarily blows a bit soft and doesn't feel cool enough, then a moment later, it feels like the fan or system kicks in and then it lets out an artic blast. It's hard to explain, but very noticeable on our east coast road trip. The wife and I were surprised by this many many times.
The AC thing is super weird. It won't start blowing until I'm out of reverse when I'm pulling out of the carport or parking lot. What is up with that? I was trying to turn up the fan this afternoon, but nothing happened until I switched from R to D. I keep trying to turn it down in the morning, but it's actually on 1. *Note - DO NOT CANCEL YOUR BRONCO ORDER OVER THIS. It's a cute quirk. You won't care.
Sponsored