Sponsored

Bronco Owners Poll: have you had any QC issue?

Have you had any QC issue?

• Yes

Votes: 51 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 49 16.1%
  • I don’t have a Bronco

Votes: 205 67.2%

• Total voters

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If/when I get my Bronco, I will probably not be on the forum unless there is an issue. There is a very self selecting culture here, and it has skewed very negative recently. People without problems or who are happy with their vehicle are probably on here less and less.

So I disagree with your assessment.
That's fine, but it relies on pure speculation. I loved my Bronco when I had it and was just as active on the forum if not more. I still love Broncos and despite my experience, I don't have a negative opinion. Well, maybe about my dealer service center! Bottom line, Ford is obviously struggling with Bronco quality in a number of areas right now. You can acknowledge that and still be a Bronco fan. I get what you're saying about people complaining a lot on forums. Maybe you're right. Hell, I hope you are. Ford is replacing my Bronco and I'm fingers crossed the second one is perfect!
Sponsored

azuano3654

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach-E
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My modem doesn’t appear to be receiving info preventing me from activating the vehicle in FordPass. I’ll be heading back to the dealership to do a firmware update or something based on what FordPass said to resolve the issue.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Really happy I bought a legit family hauler earlier this month (which was kind of prompted from delays, and upcoming winter and second baby on the way). I think I gave the Bronco way too much credit as something that could reliably serve family duty. Maybe that’s more on me and false hopes. But the more I am reading the more I am acknowledging that I am waiting on a loaded toy. An expensive one at that. In retrospect, I probably could have removed a good 10k of creature comfort options given I’m locked in and no longer need this as an all encompassing vehicle. But nonetheless no regrets. Just happy in some odd way that the delays caused me to make the right decision and rebalance my stable to have the bronco slot in as the weekender rather than the family truckster. Still excited to own my loaded AMB on leather roast interior bronco for the long haul, but splitting with the wife and relying on this for sheer family duties it is not.

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
The longevity of the window motor/mechanics worries me. I do not like the frameless window design on the doors, and I do not like that the window needs to drop every time the door is opened.

zznalg

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JGC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We picked up our Black Diamond 4 door manual two days ago and all seems to be very well! Paint and panel gaps look excellent. We scoured the vehicle pre-delivery for all/most of the issues cited in this thread. None were present (or noticed). Clamps and hoses all tight under the hood. The only option our vehicle has is the tow package. It does have the insulated hood. Don't know if that comes with the tow package? Inside and out as well as mechanically, so far (at a big 100 miles) all seems well and we are stoked. It drives great!

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The longevity of the window motor/mechanics worries me. I do not like the frameless window design on the doors, and I do not like that the window needs to drop every time the door is opened.
I had no issues with motor failure in my mustang after 9 years (and over 50,000 miles) of ownership. The passenger side needed to be reset after the dealer replaced the window after some thieves did a smash and grab but that's it.

Nashbronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the same thing but passenger side. Dealer ordering a new one under warranty. I want to say the back window was almost $900 and on back order. No issues with leaks or anything because of it. The side windows clip into the front and seal that spot.
I had the same problem the back left flips broke when they were trying to take the top off. ( they never removed soft top before)

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had my Bronco a couple weeks. Just used remote start for the first time. When I went outside to leave the Bronco had a strong burning smell. I believe it was coming from the engine (2.3L)

Anyone else experiencing this - what is it?

Last edited:

MWCK35

Outer Banks
First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've had my Bronco a couple weeks. Just used remote start for the first time. When I went outside to leave the Bronco had a strong burning smell. I believe it was coming from the engine (2.3L)

Anyone else experiencing this - what is it?

I just came on here and had the same issue this AM. I've used the remote start a couple times and hadn't had an issue, but this was the longest I've let it run under the remote start and by the time I got in the car, there was an odd burning smell. When I started the car and the fans and all that were at a much lower setting, the smell went away very quickly, but now I'm concerned there's an issue. I also have a 2.3 and have had no concerns until this AM. No lights or anything came on when I started it. No issues actually driving it, but now I'm concerned about letting it run on a remote start.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My thoughts exactly. My last several vehicles where very German (or Bavarian) and all had flawless paint and very good overall QC. So I was going with the whole, “don’t expect too much” perspective.

Outside of the A - Pillar “glob” I have a tiny bit of what looks like drips on the bottom of the doors and, if I’m being super picky a few tiny paint bubbles on a couple of panels. The latter almost looks like it has some debris under the paint.

Not the end of the world and I’ll take it over mechanical issues any day. Of course the Bronco will be used as intended and get marked up but would prefer I be the one to add the blemishes.
There was once a day when Ford or any other American car company would be ashamed to have such QC issues. Now it seems like it is acceptable practice. Ford knows exactly which person or persons are responsible for these QC issues. For Pete’s sake- give them a warning and if it continues - fire their ass. I don’t expect t German quality but I do expect pride in workmanship and a Bronco without glaring errors. If the union wants to be proud of “ union built” - then give us a Bronco to be proud of.

Sponsored

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,‘21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My modem doesn’t appear to be receiving info preventing me from activating the vehicle in FordPass. I’ll be heading back to the dealership to do a firmware update or something based on what FordPass said to resolve the issue.
Mine has the same issue. after several days in the shop and them getting with engineering, it appears the gateway module hasnt ever been functional. They got one on order. You have to remove dash/seat to get to it. Driveable, just cant activate ford pass or doing some of the other fancy stuff.

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just came on here and had the same issue this AM. I've used the remote start a couple times and hadn't had an issue, but this was the longest I've let it run under the remote start and by the time I got in the car, there was an odd burning smell. When I started the car and the fans and all that were at a much lower setting, the smell went away very quickly, but now I'm concerned there's an issue. I also have a 2.3 and have had no concerns until this AM. No lights or anything came on when I started it. No issues actually driving it, but now I'm concerned about letting it run on a remote start.
It could just be the smell of a new engine. They off gas a stink when new. All the plastic and rubber release an odor when heated up. It should go away after a couple thousand miles for sure or less if thats it.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is why I haven’t put down a reservation. Quality needs to improve and I gotta get a ride in the darn trim I wanna buy.

Axe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 2018 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My passenger side zone light (the one in the mirror) didn't work from day 1, but I'm waiting for the 1st oil change to bring that up, not making a special trip. Hardtop has been quiet and leak free so far, let's see how it holds up now that the freeze is coming.

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like we have the same issue.
We can change the climate control setting in Remote Start Setup from Auto to Last Setting with respect to the fans etc. Mine is set to Auto - I'll try changing it to last setting where the fans are at lower setting and see if it makes a difference.
Sponsored

Last edited: