Sponsored

Bronco Paint Sample Chips -- Area 51, Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray, Antimatter Blue

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am unsure of cactus gray and area 51.
Some pictures cactus looks blue-ish, others green-ish, sometimes a gray, as the color states.
And i still don't have a real idea of what area 51 will look like on the bronco.
I think I like them both, but could easily dislike them once I see them in person.

So far my favorite from pictures is Cactus gray. Wife likes the area 51.
4BA9D6E6-D546-43FA-8E79-1C3DAF77A732.png
Sponsored

Parrett

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is Area 51 on the Black Diamond. I was all in on the Cactus Grey but I don’t think I can get the white accents in this package.

RLW

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The real photos of the sport in what is being called Area 51 look nothing like the Area 51 on the website.
Won’t order one before seeing it in person.

SVT_GRL

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 SVT Cobra, 2013 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah if this is antimatter blue, then the graphic designers that did that F-150 aren't worth a shit!

Thankfully I don't think any of these are accurate at all. IDK if y'all saw my earlier post, but I found the original source of these photos. The guy works for Sherwin-Williams not Ford, so he either did something completely wrong (mix,spray,etc.) or you should never get your Bronco fixed at an auto-body shop that uses Sherwin-Williams paint lol. ?
Ford Bronco Bronco Paint Sample Chips -- Area 51, Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray, Antimatter Blue Area 51
Yes I did see that! I will definitely take the pictures with a grain of salt. I think we’re all just so excited. I’m confident we’ll get some clarification in the upcoming months.

Sponsored

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll probably go carb gray to match my AT4 but silver is in 2nd.

Jwdotson

Badlands
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a red car guy, I'm kind of bummed the base model will only offer one of the the two reds. Rapid Red but not Race Red.

What do people think of Rapid Red? Ford offers that color on some of its current vehicles. Maybe I'll have to hit a dealer to checkout that color.
Rapid Red for me. I was also thinking of hitting the lot to see if I can find a vehicle in this color.

steverollin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Badlands, BMW X7, LX 570, TRX on order
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cactus gray is my top choice at the moment. When I first saw it, it reminded me of a lighter version of that Cement color that Toyota offers on some lines of 4Runner and Tacoma. A not metallic but sort of wet looking grey if that makes sense. Think Audi has a similar color for the r8.

Maybe I'm dreaming / kidding myself. I can handle shades of blue but shades of green would be a deal killer for me. Again, really need to see in person.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like red too. I checked out the rapid red and it doesn't exactly thrill me. It almost seems a little pinkish. I will bring a companion to look. I didn't velocity blue was great either. I thought the last generation ruby red and flame blue were better.
Could be the metallic aspect of Rapid Red, giving a different look depending on viewing angle and lighting.

One color I liked a lot on the old Defender was Arles Blue. Kind of a bluish gray. Photo below gives a representation, I think looks real nice in person. A bit more grayish flat live.

If the Area 51 or other Ford bluish offerings end up looking similar to Arles Blue, I could be down for that.

Ford Bronco Bronco Paint Sample Chips -- Area 51, Cactus Gray, Carbonized Gray, Antimatter Blue 150481_3cf6c24a-0704-4510-bf87-83962f0b7435

Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

just more variations of Area 51 lol

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cactus gray is my top choice at the moment. When I first saw it, it reminded me of a lighter version of that Cement color that Toyota offers on some lines of 4Runner and Tacoma. A not metallic but sort of wet looking grey if that makes sense. Think Audi has a similar color for the r8.

Maybe I'm dreaming / kidding myself. I can handle shades of blue but shades of green would be a deal killer for me. Again, really need to see in person.
I love the Tacoma Gray, but I think this Cactus Gray will have green in it, it just looks like that to me ......and cacti are green....

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
CG is on the order of Terrain (2013 and 2014 Raptor) and Avalanche Grey. If you ever seen Terrain and AG then you will understand CG. I am all in on CG and my only worry is that every Bronco will be CG. I think the Reds will be very rare on the Bronco.

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
all the colors on the web site are computer generated and the photos of the real cars online have been touched up in Photoshop.

Thank God area51 and CG is on the sport which comes out this december.

The real photos of the sport in what is being called Area 51 look nothing like the Area 51 on the website.
Won’t order one before seeing it in person.