Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for the lesson in global economics Mr. One Hit Wonder. I really needed someone intellectually superior to me to educate me in how the world of global manufacturing works. I understand that Ford is having supply issues. I understand that much of this is out of their control. I'm still frustrated with the situation. I don't think I'm the only one. Ford did have control over the information that they pushed out. And from my perspective, they've been less than forthcoming and honest from the beginning. I never at any time said Ford owed me anything. I've even been refunded my $100 because I switched dealerships. On the flip side, I don't owe them anything either. Back to my original statement, thanks for proving my point. Ford's own PR department couldn't have tried to explain away their poor execution of the rollout of the Bronco any better than you. Exactly what I was saying, it's almost verboten to speak ill of FoMoCo here, even when its deserved.
I hear you dude, they are flooded with inventory and out for our souls. A friend from Montana sent me this pic today.

Maybe they have a great deal on long-term parking?
Ford Bronco Bronco "Paper Launch" makes media headlines FB_IMG_1625351449040
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Begs the question - if I can get a jeep relatively easily- what is Ford doing wrong? I feel for their dealerships to be stuck with the sh*tshow.
Ford has drastically different UAW contracts and parts management. From what I understand, as Wrangler has been such a consistently (1986) product with so few changes from decade to decade, they also have parts suppliers that have been making the same crap for decades.

Question is: can you go to a Chrysler dealership and buy something newer with no inventory constraints?
Around here the only choices you have is fully kitted out Chargers, Gladiators and Wranglers.

Gladiators have almost $7K on the hood to beg for that sale. So you could look it as "wow, nobody wants this lot cockroach of a vehicle".

Just-in-time inventory has one main weakness that has never been encountered before now. Supply-chain issues. Ford has aggressively changed their product portfolio and at what turned out to be a bad time.

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As far as *newer vehicle delivery, I got my 4xE 3 weeks after ordering it for that example. That said, the only real thing new on it is the battery. I think Webasto has a lot more to blame than Ford at this point. Ford definitely compounded the issue though with the introduction of allocations, priority orders, and 3rd dealer mannequins versus reservations on an already limited production. I mean at this point that's what, ~12,000? vehicles of the best case 60k MY21 production.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hear you dude, they are flooded with inventory and out for our souls. A friend from Montana sent me this pic today.

Maybe they have a great deal on long-term parking?
Ford Bronco Bronco "Paper Launch" makes media headlines FB_IMG_1625351449040
Local Ford dealerships look the same way. We bought my wife a Bronco Sport less than a month ago. They got 3 total Sports in and sold all 3 that day. A lady followed the truck to the dealership to buy one of them. Her ‘18 Pilot we traded sat on the new car lot until it sold.

CCross

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy 2500HD Duramax, 2000 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has drastically different UAW contracts and parts management. From what I understand, as Wrangler has been such a consistently (1986) product with so few changes from decade to decade, they also have parts suppliers that have been making the same crap for decades.

Question is: can you go to a Chrysler dealership and buy something newer with no inventory constraints?
Around here the only choices you have is fully kitted out Chargers, Gladiators and Wranglers.

Gladiators have almost $7K on the hood to beg for that sale. So you could look it as "wow, nobody wants this lot cockroach of a vehicle".

Just-in-time inventory has one main weakness that has never been encountered before now. Supply-chain issues. Ford has aggressively changed their product portfolio and at what turned out to be a bad time.
This explains a lot. Union contracts are something I know nothing about.

I like the new Wrangler. I was on the verge of purchasing a new JLUR when the Bronco was revealed. But that Gladiator is 🤮. It’s better with a lift and bigger tires, but I wouldn’t want one.

Sponsored

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford would not have had 125k reservations for Broncos if there wasn't some pent up demand for something different/better out there. I suspect that subtle point was lost on the author of that article.
Patience...... God things come to those who wait. From all accounts the Bronco is worth the wait, although I do agree the wait is difficult. I was hoping to be knee deep in mud by this time. ;)

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Bronco "Paper Launch" makes media headlines A21D8DEE-CD1E-4FDA-B681-A0B6104249BC

me yesterday after my wife got her new German car delivered…which she recently ordered…

Also side note, did not know German cars don’t have remote start. Dealer said it’s a law in Germany where they can’t have a car on without the driver present? Seriously?

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford would not have had 125k reservations for Broncos if there wasn't some pent up demand for something different/better out there.
For all the criticism Ford has taken on this forum...perhaps their biggest blunder was not bringing Bronco back 5 years sooner.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe the author is trying to convince folks to buy a J**P because he’s got a Bronco in order!?!?

Still seems odd, to compare an already built for years vehicle to the launch of a completely new one in terms of availability, in my opinion. Regardless of any pandemics or anything else, if you weren’t prepared for at least some hiccups you were probably being a little over optimistic.

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Bronco "Paper Launch" makes media headlines A21D8DEE-CD1E-4FDA-B681-A0B6104249BC

me yesterday after my wife got her new German car delivered…which she recently ordered…

Also side note, did not know German cars don’t have remote start. Dealer said it’s a law in Germany where they can’t have a car on without the driver present? Seriously?
My ‘21 e-class has remote start, pretty sure its standard

Sponsored

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My ‘21 e-class has remote start, pretty sure its standard
did a little Google sleuthing, law is called “Federal Emission Control Act”
Article for Air Force folks stationed in Germany
https://www.ramstein.af.mil/News/Ar...4/environmental-exclusive-dont-idle-your-car/

Wife’s new car is a 2021 Audi. Checked on their website. No Audi has remote start.

edit: I’m going to wager a guess, some German car makers do change their foreign market cars to appease clients but others like Audi just say screw it, no remote start

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

as Wrangler has been such a consistently (1986) product with so few changes from decade to decade, they also have parts suppliers that have been making the same crap for decades.
Rick, there are actually significant and numerous differences from generation to generation of the Jeep, just like the Mustang. Designing changes, new features, physical changes in size of the frame and chassis, all lead to many newly designed supplier components and integration problems. That is why every brand, when they go through a redesign or refresh, uncover new issues to be addressed, in the design, in the factory or via recalls and technical service bulletins. Jeeps quality control, or lack of it, are legendary, to hold them up of how to do things right, is a stretch.

Just a few examples:
Jeep JK, TJ, YJ, CJ, XJ, What Does It All Mean?
TJ vs JK Wrangler
JK vs JL Wrangler

mcdoogs

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Ford Focus ST, 21 Mercedes Benz E350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
did a little Google sleuthing, law is called “Federal Emission Control Act”
Article for Air Force folks stationed in Germany
https://www.ramstein.af.mil/News/Ar...4/environmental-exclusive-dont-idle-your-car/

Wife’s new car is a 2021 Audi. Checked on their website. No Audi has remote start.

edit: I’m going to wager a guess, some German car makers do change their foreign market cars to appease clients but others like Audi just say screw it, no remote start
That makes sense, although I'm surprised audi dealers aren't pushing a dealer installed remote start accessory here in the US lol. Might be a sign you have a good dealer

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Stupid article. They are saying it's not a real launch because not everyone who preordered got their's yet. It's a real launch as customers are receiving their Broncos. And yes, if you haven't ordered this high demand item you will need to wait. Pretty much how reality works.
If Ford never did the cyberlaunch/reservation part of the Bronco, and only built units as available by commodity constraints, none of us would have ever known. We all would have just gone to the dealership and paid (bend-over) ADM for whatever was on their lot based on what Ford can produce at this point in time. So we have to wait a bit, but the good news is Ford has locked the pricing; I'll take that deal.

Other model vehicles in the past that have not been cyberlaunched have content and product changes as time progresses (not even segregated by model year). Have those past vehicles content introductions been delayed by commodity restrains? We'll never know.

Cyberlaunch just brings the sausage making into view, which is always ugly.

Reactions: Jdc

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have Bronc-itis and I broke down and drove a 2.0L Wrangler Unlimited yesterday. The dealer told me it was the more powerful engine. I mean no offense to Jeep loyalists, which I am actually one of (I still have an 84 CJ7), but that 2.0 engine felt like I had a weed wacker powering the car. The 6 cylinder Ford Bronco I drove in comparison was night and days better. I really don't see how any review can even come close to saying the Wrangler drives better. But hey this is just one man's opinion. How reliable it is, remains to be seen but I have only heard good things about it in the F150. I would take the straight six with MPI conversion kit in my CJ any day over that 4 cylinder. Now the V8 Jeep is a whole different discussion but it is pushing 80k. I need to drive the Penstar V6 to firm up my opinion, but the 4 cyclinder Jeep is not for me. I also felt the IFS just makes the bronco an easier car to live with on a daily basis. Kind of a dumb article, but I'm not going to argue that this launch this has not been a total debacle.
Sponsored