Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So....looks as if any rear seat delete - that you want to be REVERSABLE - will require a platform that retains those four 2"? studs which the seat back brackets attach to. Unfortunate design

1611084921062.png
ANYONE:
I plan to remove one rear seat on a 2 door model to install a steel dog crate. I will make a shallow wood platform and fasten it to the bolts that are welded in place to make a flat surface. I have some ideas anyway. QUESTION: Is there any electronics hooked up to the rear seat that I need to be concerned with??? If so, what is it for and what do I need to do so as not to mess with some sensor? Thanks.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
ANYONE:
I plan to remove one rear seat on a 2 door model to install a steel dog crate. I will make a shallow wood platform and fasten it to the bolts that are welded in place to make a flat surface. I have some ideas anyway. QUESTION: Is there any electronics hooked up to the rear seat that I need to be concerned with??? If so, what is it for and what do I need to do so as not to mess with some sensor? Thanks.
I'm unaware of any electrical connections on the back seats of any kind. It would be highly unusual on this type of frame to have a harness going through that space unless directly applicable to the seats.

drive21bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

ANYONE:
The recent vehicles from Ford have sensors to alert the drive to make sure you check for passengers before exiting the vehicle. Like a child car seat. I would assume the Bronco has this feature so maybe there are wires to the rear seat for that.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The recent vehicles from Ford have sensors to alert the drive to make sure you check for passengers before exiting the vehicle. Like a child car seat. I would assume the Bronco has this feature so maybe there are wires to the rear seat for that.
There do appear to be some wiring harnesses and yellow connectors against the lefthand side of the door and on the floor, could these be the connection points for the seat harness, if any, tbd.

Ford Bronco Bronco parts at factory...Seat bolt down points, bumpers, rock rails, grab handles, lights! 2021-bronco-parts-wiring-6-

More bare floor pics here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-rails-grab-handles-lights.11393/#post-413359

Last edited:

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was thinking the same...but the question will be, what can be done with those sensors? Maybe leave them hooked up and "active" as they would sense no weight placed on the seat....now a nn-seat. ???

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There do appear to be some wiring harnesses and yellow connectors against the lefthand side of the door and on the floor, could these be the connection points for the seat harness, if any, tbd.

Ford Bronco Bronco parts at factory...Seat bolt down points, bumpers, rock rails, grab handles, lights! 2021-bronco-parts-wiring-6-

More bare floor pics here:
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...-rails-grab-handles-lights.11393/#post-413359
A guess would be side-curtain airbag sensors? Just spit-balling here.

Remember, if the floors are bare, the curtains can't match the drapes. (IE: often times headliner and carpets colors don't match in modern automobiles)

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think we'll know for sure until they start building them next year