UncleBuck

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
I love the escalation unfolding before our eyes between Jeep and Ford.
This could be really cool if done right. I know a lot of people find the gladiator ugly but I love it. I also loved the El Camino.

I’d love to see what Ford comes up with for a pickup bronco.
A gladiator is completely hideous…. Until you throw on 37’s….then it’s pretty sexy.

Advertisement

Vigor

Outer Banks
First Name
Justin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW x3
Yeah, I realize that. I still stand by my comment. They seem to have way too much going on right now, all at once.

I also think whether it’s 1 year or 10 years from now, I’m not a fan of the Gladiator nor would I like a Bronco pick-up truck. Just my 2 cents; there’s clearly people who like it.
Ford, or any company wouldn't stay in business if they operated like that

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler, 2007 4Runner, 1967 Dodge R/T,
Gladiator sales are actually doing well. And with Ford targeting the Jeep lineup there is always a possibility. There are a lot of Gladiators around here. This is 2021 first quarter sales and 2020 first quarter sales.

Edit: I'll add Year ending sales for 2020 / 2019.

MID SIZE TRUCK SALES 21.JPG

MID SIZE TRUCKS 2020 YEAR.JPG

Last edited:

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Clubs

110% benchmarking for the ranger Raptor not Broncoliator.

I’ll never say never but I see too much cannibalization(holy shit that’s a hard to spell word. Autocorrect making me lazy!!!)for the Bronco truck to make sense in the near term. It makes sense for FCA because prior to gladiator they haven’t had a mid size truck. Ford is better off knocking it out of the park with the next Gen ranger.
Totally Agree on the next Ranger, no need for a Bronco Pickup. That's what the Ranger (and by extension the Bronco) is.

DHH

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Why exactly does anyone want a Bronco pickup when the soon to be refreshed Ranger, which shares the Bronco platform, exists?
For the removable top/doors.
I've always wanted a Jeep, but would never go back to a SFA, so I patiently waited for the Bronco. Unfortunately, the Bronco horribly disappointed me with the towing capacity.
I hate the looks of a stock Gladiator, but with a lift and 37's it is completely transformed and looks awesome IMO. If I could get it with an IFS, I'd buy one today.

drbandkgb

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Nissan Xterra 2000 Nissan Xterra
Clubs

Clearly no one here has checked sales figures before typing.. The Gladiator has done what Jeep set out to do.. If you judge it based on Wrangler sales then yes its not a huge volume seller but if you see it out sell Nissan Frontier, Honda Ridgeline, GMC Canyon its been a hit.

Jeep sold 77k last year and its cost them very little to engineer.

BTW Ranger only sold 101k last year and that truck has a wider range of buyer...

Advertisement

Apollo Optics

Advertisement