Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Ranger XLT 4.0L - 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love the escalation unfolding before our eyes between Jeep and Ford.
This could be really cool if done right. I know a lot of people find the gladiator ugly but I love it. I also loved the El Camino.

I’d love to see what Ford comes up with for a pickup bronco.
A gladiator is completely hideous…. Until you throw on 37’s….then it’s pretty sexy.
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, I realize that. I still stand by my comment. They seem to have way too much going on right now, all at once.

I also think whether it’s 1 year or 10 years from now, I’m not a fan of the Gladiator nor would I like a Bronco pick-up truck. Just my 2 cents; there’s clearly people who like it.
Ford, or any company wouldn't stay in business if they operated like that

JIMBAD1

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner V8, 67 Dodge R/T, 71 Honda 750 K1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Gladiator sales are actually doing well. And with Ford targeting the Jeep lineup there is always a possibility. There are a lot of Gladiators around here. This is 2021 first quarter sales and 2020 first quarter sales.

Edit: I'll add Year ending sales for 2020 / 2019.

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? MID SIZE TRUCK SALES 21.JPG

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? MID SIZE TRUCKS 2020 YEAR.JPG

Last edited:

rigel

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nissan murano 2017
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

110% benchmarking for the ranger Raptor not Broncoliator.

I’ll never say never but I see too much cannibalization(holy shit that’s a hard to spell word. Autocorrect making me lazy!!!)for the Bronco truck to make sense in the near term. It makes sense for FCA because prior to gladiator they haven’t had a mid size truck. Ford is better off knocking it out of the park with the next Gen ranger.
Totally Agree on the next Ranger, no need for a Bronco Pickup. That's what the Ranger (and by extension the Bronco) is.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Why exactly does anyone want a Bronco pickup when the soon to be refreshed Ranger, which shares the Bronco platform, exists?
For the removable top/doors.
I've always wanted a Jeep, but would never go back to a SFA, so I patiently waited for the Bronco. Unfortunately, the Bronco horribly disappointed me with the towing capacity.
I hate the looks of a stock Gladiator, but with a lift and 37's it is completely transformed and looks awesome IMO. If I could get it with an IFS, I'd buy one today.

Sponsored

drbandkgb

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
allterrainnation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco - 2024 Mustang GT performance
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Clearly no one here has checked sales figures before typing.. The Gladiator has done what Jeep set out to do.. If you judge it based on Wrangler sales then yes its not a huge volume seller but if you see it out sell Nissan Frontier, Honda Ridgeline, GMC Canyon its been a hit.

Jeep sold 77k last year and its cost them very little to engineer.

BTW Ranger only sold 101k last year and that truck has a wider range of buyer...

BroncoBilly17

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford F-150 XLT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I assumed the Gladiator was born because Chrysler / Jeep felt they need a competitor for the Ranger & Colorado (plus Honda was bringing back the Ridgeline), and they needed something that was quick and cheap to develop, instead of bringing back the Dakota.

With the Super Duty line up, the 1/2 ton line up, the Ranger and now the Maverick, I really can't see why Ford would do a Bronco pick-up. It's way too similar to the 90's when every company had 3-4 variants of the same vehicle
Sponsored