First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Source: https://www.thedrive.com/news/40965/ford-testing-a-jeep-gladiator-adds-fuel-to-bronco-pickup-rumors

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Ford-Benchmarking-June-2021-001

Originally based on the Ranger, the new Bronco's platform isn't exactly the hardest for Ford to adapt back into a pickup. And by now, there's plenty of evidence to suggest Ford will do exactly that, with multiple reports indicating a launch no later than the model year 2025. In the same way the Bronco was supposed to buck the Jeep Wrangler off its high horse, its pickup derivative will seek triumph over the Gladiator, which is why Ford has reportedly been photographed benchmarking Jeep's truck.

Photos published by Ford Authority depict a Gladiator Mojave entering and leaving what's said to be Ford property wearing Michigan manufacturer plates. These plates are available exclusively to car companies, which use them on their pre-production prototypes, press cars, company cars, or bought-in models from rivals for testing.

If that's really a Ford facility this Jeep is visiting, it could imply that the Bronco Warthog may be aimed not at the crawling-tailored Gladiator Rubicon, but the desert-oriented Mojave.

First detailed last July, the Bronco pickup is reportedly expected to arrive as a 2023 to 2025 model with the Bronco's full range of powertrains (minus the 3.0-liter EcoBoost rumored to power the Warthog). In all likelihood, these will soon include an electrified option, probably a plug-in hybrid (PHEV) if the Bronco's owners' manual is anything to go by. (It probably is.)

As for an electric model, Ford has loosely hinted that it could happen, having showed a Bronco-like silhouette in an EV presentation last month. It bears saying, though, that the depicted vehicle appears more the size of a Bronco Sport than the larger, truck-based real deal. All that's certain is that with the smaller, hybridized Maverick below it and the F-150 Lightning above it, the Bronco pickup would be the black sheep of the electrified Ford truck family if it launched without a big old battery.

Going by the scale of Ford's electrification plans these next few years, that's not likely to happen.

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Ford-Benchmarking-June-2021-003
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? Jeep-Gladiator-Rubicon-Ford-Benchmarking-June-2021-002

Rendering of Bronco Pickup.

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? 2025-Ford-Bronco-Pickup-Rendering-4-door-001
Sponsored

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the escalation unfolding before our eyes between Jeep and Ford.
This could be really cool if done right. I know a lot of people find the gladiator ugly but I love it. I also loved the El Camino.

I’d love to see what Ford comes up with for a pickup bronco.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not related to your topic, but after seeing that picture, I just realized I’ve never seen a Gladiator with a canopy on the back of it. Not sure how I feel about that… :unsure:

Ford should focus on building our Bronco’s we have on order. Get through that before you move onto something else… Just my 2 cents. They have enough going on right now with new launches.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I wonder if that would eat into ranger sales?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
110% benchmarking for the ranger Raptor not Broncoliator.

I’ll never say never but I see too much cannibalization(holy shit that’s a hard to spell word. Autocorrect making me lazy!!!)for the Bronco truck to make sense in the near term. It makes sense for FCA because prior to gladiator they haven’t had a mid size truck. Ford is better off knocking it out of the park with the next Gen ranger.

Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good grief
The gladiator is a dog and a horribly designed vehicle.
Ford run away from the whole bronco pick up garbage...

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
110% benchmarking for the ranger Raptor not Broncoliator.

I’ll never say never but I see too much cannibalization(holy shit that’s a hard to spell word. Autocorrect making me lazy!!!)for the Bronco truck to make sense in the near term. It makes sense for FCA because prior to gladiator they haven’t had a mid size truck. Ford is better off knocking it out of the park with the next Gen ranger.
isnt ford still denying the ranger raptor cause it would take sales from the big raptor?

never mind the fact they dropped the supercab and raised the msrp by 10.5k

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not related to your topic, but after seeing that picture, I just realized I’ve never seen a Gladiator with a canopy on the back of it. Not sure how I feel about that… :unsure:

Ford should focus on building our Bronco’s we have on order. Get through that before you move onto something else… Just my 2 cents. They have enough going on right now with new launches.
Of course you realize Ford has more than a few people and more than a few teams. Manufacturers are always working on multiple new models we may not see for 2-5 years.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why exactly does anyone want a Bronco pickup when the soon to be refreshed Ranger, which shares the Bronco platform, exists?
You want the bronco features of a removable roof and the styling? It’s possible for the new Ranger to meet most of the needs; but a Banger would be an interesting idea too. I was holding off on gladiator because of the bar between the B-pillars and would like to tow more than the Bronco is meant to.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course you realize Ford has more than a few people and more than a few teams. Manufacturers are always working on multiple new models we may not see for 2-5 years.
Yeah, I realize that. I still stand by my comment. They seem to have way too much going on right now, all at once.

I also think whether it’s 1 year or 10 years from now, I’m not a fan of the Gladiator nor would I like a Bronco pick-up truck. Just my 2 cents; there’s clearly people who like it.