First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
*Have a midsize truck lol. I’m not even sure when the Dakota was discontinued, I’m sure it was in the recession.

Edit: yup 2011.
Sponsored

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Actually it's just an embarrassed Jeep-owning employee trying to get in the back gate.

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? 1623117889025

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

*Have a midsize truck lol. I’m not even sure when the Dakota was discontinued, I’m sure it was in the recession.

Edit: yup 2011.
Fair, but they did have one and it was a fairly popular machine. Don't bother with the numbers Nick. It isn't a case of "but they only sold xxx of them". I recall seeing MANY off those on the roads over the years, they were popular. Biggest complaints I ever heard - rust. Their big trucks had tranny issues. Dakotas we're fairly reliable.

ibanezadam117

Wildtrak
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Not related to your topic, but after seeing that picture, I just realized I’ve never seen a Gladiator with a canopy on the back of it. Not sure how I feel about that… :unsure:

Ford should focus on building our Bronco’s we have on order. Get through that before you move onto something else… Just my 2 cents. They have enough going on right now with new launches.
To be fair, the design/dev teams are probably largely separated from the manufacturing/production teams. I'd imagine the design guys are constantly brainstorming and coming up with new ideas to tackle goals that are handed down to them. But then again, I don't know, just thinking out loud and wishfully hoping they aren't taking away resources from producing Broncos right now to make this idea happen.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

God please no. let jeep have ugly honors.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To be fair, the design/dev teams are probably largely separated from the manufacturing/production teams. I'd imagine the design guys are constantly brainstorming and coming up with new ideas to tackle goals that are handed down to them. But then again, I don't know, just thinking out loud and wishfully hoping they aren't taking away resources from producing Broncos right now to make this idea happen.
Move those resources to Webasto. More people to build MIC tops :D

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If I was Ford and wanted to go the bronco truck route I would model off a j10 and not a gladiator. I think the j10 was beautiful and still had that rugged off road capability.
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? 7779D94C-B5E2-4A15-9714-F6B1B52AE342
Wow that J10 looks really great with the lift and wheel/tire combo. I love it.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the escalation unfolding before our eyes between Jeep and Ford.
This could be really cool if done right. I know a lot of people find the gladiator ugly but I love it. I also loved the El Camino.

I’d love to see what Ford comes up with for a pickup bronco.
Im in. It'd have to be a bit longer than the 4dr, to accommodate a bed and have a big enough cabin for roomy crew cab seats. Under The bed would be a great place for a large battery. Personally, as long as its got clearance for sand and dirt and trails, i dont care as much about rock crawling. I'll trade my 2021 in in 2025!

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I love the escalation unfolding before our eyes between Jeep and Ford.
This could be really cool if done right. I know a lot of people find the gladiator ugly but I love it. I also loved the El Camino.

I’d love to see what Ford comes up with for a pickup bronco.
Im in. It'd have to be a bit longer than the 4dr, to accommodate a bed and have a big enough cabin for roomy crew cab seats. Under The bed would be a great place for a large battery. Personally, as long as its got clearance for sand and dirt and trails, i dont care as much about rock crawling. I'll trade my 2021 in in 2025!
Why exactly does anyone want a Bronco pickup when the soon to be refreshed Ranger, which shares the Bronco platform, exists?
Some of us will only settle for a Bronco named Bronco, and it doesnt have to make sense! This is a "lifestyle" car, so the decision is as much emotional as rational.

And, there's more room in the Bronco Cab than the Ranger cab for tall people. If i was to think of a Ranger, I'd go to the F150 Lighting

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I was Ford and wanted to go the bronco truck route I would model off a j10 and not a gladiator. I think the j10 was beautiful and still had that rugged off road capability.
7779D94C-B5E2-4A15-9714-F6B1B52AE342.jpeg
FWIW J-Series were originally called Gladiator. That's where the name came from.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why exactly does anyone want a Bronco pickup when the soon to be refreshed Ranger, which shares the Bronco platform, exists?
-Bronco name
-Bronco off-road goodies
-Removable doors and roof
-Manual transmission

There may be others, and some of these may end up being shared with the next Gen Ranger. This was just off the top of my head.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The Ranger already has the midsized truck thing covered and the new generation seems to be geared more towards North American tastes.
Sponsored