Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I don't get it.

I drove by my local jeep dealer, and all they had on the lot was gladiators and renegades. If jeep can't even sell the gladiator in this market, why would Ford want to get into that segment?

And it's ugly
Sponsored

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If that's really a Ford facility this Jeep is visiting, it could imply that the Bronco Warthog may be aimed not at the crawling-tailored Gladiator Rubicon, but the desert-oriented Mojave.
Haven't we known this for a while? Are auto "journalists" that far removed from reality they didn't know this? Badlands = Rubicon fighter Warthog/ Bronco Raptor= desert runner Mojave

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I don't get it.

I drove by my local jeep dealer, and all they had on the lot was gladiators and renegades. If jeep can't even sell the gladiator in this market, why would Ford want to get into that segment?

And it's ugly
So don't make it ugly, for one. Learn from the Gladiator's other problems, for another. They fixed many of the common complaints from the Wrangler, so I commend them if they are willing to try the same with the Gladiator.

Lakelife36

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Kia Borrego, 2012 Chevy Cruze, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Haven't we known this for a while? Are auto "journalists" that far removed from reality they didn't know this? Badlands = Rubicon fighter Warthog/ Bronco Raptor= desert runner Mojave
You ordered a Wildtrak...

abe

Wildtrak
First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 XLT 2.7 (sold šŸ˜„), 84 Chevy K5, 09 Chevy T
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You ordered a Wildtrak...
WT isn't really a desert runner even if Ford advertises it as such. It's a little bit cheaper squatched OBX with blacked out exterior.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Fair, but they did have one and it was a fairly popular machine. Don't bother with the numbers Nick. It isn't a case of "but they only sold xxx of them". I recall seeing MANY off those on the roads over the years, they were popular. Biggest complaints I ever heard - rust. Their big trucks had tranny issues. Dakotas we're fairly reliable.
Theyā€™re still everywhere around here! Rust not such a big problem out here so theyā€™re still kicking lol.

I know Iā€™ve heard rumors of the Dakota returning but Iā€™m not sure how accurate those are.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hasn't the marketplace Asked and Answered this question numerous times, with the ultimate answer being "no, consumers don't want these types of vehicles"?

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So don't make it ugly, for one. Learn from the Gladiator's other problems, for another. They fixed many of the common complaints from the Wrangler, so I commend them if they are willing to try the same with the Gladiator.
The Gladiator is fundamentally flawed with the ridiculous looking wheelbase and resulting break over angle and the crap departure angle. Those things canā€™t really be fixed.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? 3BCBAFD7-B4C9-4C5C-B7B8-FC5F6323E79E

my subconscious reaction to this photo -

jeez, they should update that fascia or make other changes if this isnā€™t going to be out for awhile. This design is getting to be a bit old

then reminded myself that the bronco isnā€™t even out. Lol. And Iā€™ve just been staring at rendering/photos obsessively for the past 2-3 years.

but hey, at least itā€™s a classic look. Thank god. If this had flash in the pan BMW styling I think weā€™d be over the design by the time it showed up.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Relax, Ford most likely bought the Jeep because they couldnā€™t get one of their own vehicles built, and they needed something to drive to the local donut shop.

Sponsored

Jsullivan

Base
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Explorer, 2016 F350 Diesel, 2013 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
I love the escalation unfolding before our eyes between Jeep and Ford.
This could be really cool if done right. I know a lot of people find the gladiator ugly but I love it. I also loved the El Camino.

Iā€™d love to see what Ford comes up with for a pickup bronco.
Ford has a pick up Bronco, it's called the Ranger.
They had, IMO, a winner in the Sport Trac. I loved mine.
Let's build my Bronco on order before I change my mind and get a Ranger Tremor.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Gladiator sales are in the crapper. The bed is too short to be an effective pick-up. It's too long to be a good off-roader. Ford, "hey let's build one too".

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™m all in for a bronco truck
Itā€™s called a half cab
Only 2 doors
Buy one today if they made it

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? D8687E6A-BF5B-4D08-963E-87B91D4FAA21

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Hinted by Sighting of Ford Testing a Jeep Gladiator? D8687E6A-BF5B-4D08-963E-87B91D4FAA21
Yes, the U14. As I said earlier the article and proposed renders was the impetus behind Ashley's poll that I linked earlier. Consider it a quasi-U14/Gladiator mashup.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At most, offer a half cab conversion or optional prep kit. No need to completely redesign the thing for a handful of buyers that are into that kind of stuff.
Sponsored