First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
xterra mx5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Even with the pandemic sales of the gladiator in 2020 were double what they were the year before.

I am sure a bronco pickup would do even better.
I would love to see a bronco pickup with 35's and locking differentials.

And the more accessories it could use from the Bronco the better.
Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't confuse sales with profits. Profit margin plays a large role...
True but over a 100k units in its first two years of production shows there’s a market for a vehicle like that. Looking at the Gladiator, they used a lot of Wrangler parts to help keep costs down, including powertrains.

Ford would be stupid not to replicate that, just in a better way than what Jeep did.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Barf

futzin'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
True but over a 100k units in its first two years of production shows there’s a market for a vehicle like that. Looking at the Gladiator, they used a lot of Wrangler parts to help keep costs down, including powertrains.
my point exactly . . .

Coldsteele

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150, 2007 suburban, 2008 suburban 2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It looks like the roof has two large removable panels; not quite like T-tops, because the panels don’t look like they wrap down over the door. They’re more flat.
Also, look at what that surfboard/missile is resting on: It’s a tray-type extension that tilts down; great for long items.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford, please no. Just stop it. Why? Let Jeep do their own thing with the Gladiator. The Gladiator sucks and is ugly. Ford has the Ranger and the F-Series trucks. I don't get it. It's basically going to be a Ranger with a different body and sucky bed space. Just buy an F150 because they're priced too close to even consider a Ranger (or Maverick) for that matter.
Please not a copy of the wildly unsuccessful Gladiator. Just make a Ranger Bronco edition or something.
Just because FCA did a crap job with the Gladiator doesn't mean that Ford will do the same. Just look at the different styling between the Wrangler and Bronco and one can imagine it looking waaaay better than the Gladiator does.

A well-executed Bronco pickup - holding over some form of removable roof and the Single Most Important Piece of Hardware in It - should destroy Gladiator sales. There is no way that would be difficult.
The Gladiator is ugly as sin and a major chunk of that ugly comes from the HUGE amount of rear over hang.....just fucking nasty!

Unfortunately, I still see it on the Bronco drawing...yuk. ?

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Y’all need to chill and think about this for a bit.

I was pretty hot and heavy for the Gladiator. I would have bought one if they had gotten the diesel out sooner but they dragged on with getting it into production. Meanwhile I got a good look at the Gladiator with the 3.6l V6. To summarize, the real problem with the Gladiator is that they shoehorned a Wrangler into a pickup design and it just never properly worked. The bed ended up being super shallow. The wheelbase was longer than it should be and came off awkward. The interior is actually bigger than other midsizes but it still feels cramped.

Ultimately I gave up on waiting and test drove a Raptor. The picture to the left tells the rest of that story..

The Bronco truck isn’t guaranteed to suffer that fate. You already know Ford engineers and designers are looking closely at the Gladiator and its flaws. Also, the Bronco is coming from a pickup truck platform to begin with. As such it’s more likely to have proper proportions. Frankly, Ford engineers are better than FCAs. They are a lot less likely to half ass things like a front window defroster than only covers the center 3ft of the windshield. They are also not nearly as hamstrung by the Bronco’s legacy as FCA is by the Wranglers. They have more leeway to get things right.

Beyond that, I’m still not sure Ford will even do it. IMO, it financially makes more sense to just have more off road capable versions of the Maverick and Ranger. But if they build a Bronco truck, I’ll definitely consider it. Especially if there is a Warthog version.

Sponsored

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree the Rubicons and Mojaves with taller suspension and bigger tires look pretty good from the front quarter, but those beds look terrible. I've also heard that they are too shallow to be useful with a tonneau cover on.
I dont like the gladiator all that much, they are just illish long. But I do like its normal depth bed. Modern bed are almost un-usable for working out of. On my comanche I can throw a compost can up and over the bedside. Its also lifted 3 inches!
Here's the Bronco I want, and they thought about it!! Here's Brad Lovell testing one early on. Reminiscent of the "Half Cab"

images (1).jpeg

header.jpg
Give it a Bronco facelift and about 10" in the rear. Perfect!

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dont like the gladiator all that much, they are just illish long. But I do like its normal depth bed. Modern bed are almost un-usable for working out of. On my comanche I can throw a compost can up and over the bedside. Its also lifted 3 inches!

Give it a Bronco facelift and about 10" in the rear. Perfect!
Yeah the Gladiator need to be lifted and have bigger tires for the proportions to look right.

Dave_1978

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I watched the video and this image is more along the design phase of how to make the "2022" rather than making a Bronco Truck, think 1980s Bronco with camper top removed. I could see Ford discontinuing Ranger and redesigning with Bronco ques if sells are good.

Honestly I personally think Ford went overboard with bringing back Bronco and went too big for initial launch. I mean they are already testing a "Warthog" version before the normal version is even in production. New color options for 2022 when initial order are still coming through. Expanded Trims when I think a low, medium, high approach would have been better. Then we have a Bronco Sport, which is cool and a nice change in the SUV market, but did we need a Jeep Compass competitor before Bronco launched?

As for Jeep Gladiator, it's a lifestyle truck like most midsize. I personally think it looks good once you do what it's designed for, namely pull the roof and doors off. I think the Bronco looks better with the doors and roof off.

2020-Gladiator-Kendall-Dodge-1024x469.jpg
Sponsored