First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes on the additional renderings. Then send them to ford and ask them for a job!!!
Sponsored

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

with a 4 foot wide bed and a tailgate it should be able to carry some plywood :)

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I would like to see Ford build a Bronco pickup (Maverick?), but I am concerned about cannibalizing ranger sales. I feel like it will be the same with maybe a different grille, probably more off road friendly suspension, and removable top and doors. And if they do this, where does the Ranger Raptor fall in line? I thought it was rumored the Ranger Raptor was supposed to come to the US in the next couple of years.

Don't get me wrong, I would really like to see it. I am just trying to rationalize it in my head. I could see all the Rangers looking like Bronco pickups with the update coming in 2022 and the Maverick being a special trim in addition to the Raptor, but not completely independent.

Maybe the Maverick will just be an additional trim level to the Bronco or as an option on select/all trims to offer a pickup bed?

dubie7006

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with the cannibalization talk. I think the Gladiator works because Jeep didn't have a truck. Ford already has two pickups, both with off-road capability (of varying degrees). I'm not sure there's a role outside an extreme niche for a Maverick (or whatever you want to call it).

texheim

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Stage 2
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nah, Long Wheel Base 3 DOOR!!!!!!

Sponsored

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No, no, no! The Gladiator is an ugly travesty and the Bronco "truck' will be an ugly travesty too. They look like Cracker-Jack boxes on wheels. Why are we thinking "Just because Jeep has it, Ford has to have it too?" I know that the original had a truck variant, but it was just as ugly then too.
giphy-downsized-large.gif

SeanNJ11

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.seanmaddenphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Looks nice, I'd like to see the 1/2 cab stretched to a 5/8 or 3/4 cab (think extended cab) based on the 4 door wheel base, with the render only having 2 doors.

Attached is an example of a JKU.

jkute21.jpg
This looks great. I understand the massive size of pickups has been a trend the last decade, but I'm praying there's a more compact renaissance coming. I was even hoping the Bronco was just a tad smaller than what it is. I don't need a massive tank. All I need is something big enough to throw my Triumph in, and some camping gear in, and park easily in a urban setting.

Sign me up for this

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Renderings (Single and Crew Cab) - Yay or Nay? Screen-Shot-2018-06-15-at-9.37.05-AM-500x280

Last edited:

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nah, Long Wheel Base 3 DOOR!!!!!!
Like the Jeep LJ's? The two door Bronco is actually similar in spec, but much wider. This is one of the reason's I am so excited for the two door Bronco.

371Kenny

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 , 4runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah want a bronco! But dont want to throw deer carcasses in an enclosed suv! Give us a bed!

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Crew Cab produces the hideous rear overhang that kills departure angle. To me, the Gladiators proportions are all wrong. Way too long and narrow.

Give me the two door half cab though! That thing is sick.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It isn't for me but I think it looks cool and would probably sell well for those that prefer the open pickup bed.

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Why not merge Ranger into Bronco, share the platform and body panels, and call it "Bronco Ranger"

Would you order a Bronco Ranger Badlands?

PDiddy

Black Diamond
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think a Bronco truck would be great. It does seem impractical for Ford, since they already have a complete truck lineup. I own a Gladiator and I see the awesomeness that comes with a convertible off-road focused truck. It is a family vehicle, does truck stuff, and is a fun.

The Gladiator comes in one configuration, in terms of cabin and bed size. Ford could compete by offering other configurations. Like others have said, a 2D truck would be sick.

Ford could also out perform the Gladiator with Payload and towing. Ford's v6 could easily pull more.

IMG_0705.JPEG

IMG_0711.JPEG

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Gladiator haters...............ASSSSSEEEEEEMMMMMBLLLLLLLEEEEE!!!!!!!
giphy.gif
Sponsored