First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sorry not sure what the “mmm” was all about. That’s a little creepy. Lol.
I think all we need is the WartHOG trim with the 2.7 EcoBoost hybrid Engine and a WartHog package/Trim and don’t start deviating from this Bronco design language if they intend on adding new models every year... lol hey they already got the model to follow ;JEEP do what they did for the last 40 years keep Redesigning the front bumper and headlights lmao I don’t know how the hell they survive so long like Chrysler 300

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Two-door pickup and I am absolutely in. "Shut up and take my money" kind of in! The only reason I am still undecided on a new vehicle to purchase is because that Jeep J6 concept (or even a two-door Gladiator option) failed to materialize. Modern truck choices are too wide, too long, too heavy, and/or not offered in a capable package.
Exactly! They forget that there are buyers that don't want these 4 door paddy-wagons, and people buy trucks to get stuff in the bed.

The market shouldn't forget the buyers who need a small truck, 2 doors, 6 ft bed.

I like the idea of the Jeep Commanche, but the looks were a bit off to use the Renegade as the base for that truck.

TFL Jeep Comanche

teerav

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For the longest time I've always wanted a 2D Jeep pickup. The J6 they concepted about a year ago is amazing. I would *honestly* forgo the Bronco if they released that. However, I think they would do a 2D Gladiator, which would not have the same sleek look as the concept. I think 4D Gladiator has always looked... strange, but I totally agree decked out overlanding 4D Gladiators are badass!

That said, I think Ford should not make a 4D Bronco pickup. The Ranger is already a great mid-sized pickup with optioning to be a good off-roader. But I would want to see how they construct a 2D Bronco pickup that's built to overland. Something designed to take a huge payload, so you can build a storage system in the back and throw a roof top tent on it. Or make it so you can sleep in the back. But the key is making sure it can handle the massive payload *and* crawl in difficult terrains. Otherwise its just a fancy Ranger or a F150 that you can take the doors and top off.

thDesigns

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F-150, 57 F-100
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford is making the Maverick, it’s going to be a Bronco Sport based four door truck, furthermore from what I understand is the next Ranger is going to take some of the styling cues from the Bronco and incorporate it into its design, but still have the towing capabilities of a “traditional” mid size truck.

Sponsored

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford is making the Maverick, it’s going to be a Bronco Sport based four door truck, furthermore from what I understand is the next Ranger is going to take some of the styling cues from the Bronco and incorporate it into its design, but still have the towing capabilities of a “traditional” mid size truck.
I agree with most of what you said. From my own research I'm finding conflicting evidence that the next ranger will have influences from F150 rather than the Bronco in terms of outer appearance. But Ford has literally said that the Maverick will be a Unibody pick-up (more than likely using the Bronco Sport as the base). This will be the true competitor to the Honda Ridgeline and the Hyundai Santa Cruz (whenever that happens). In other words Maverick will be a true city slicker truck.

AndrewJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I agree with most of what you said. From my own research I'm finding conflicting evidence that the next ranger will have influences from F150 rather than the Bronco in terms of outer appearance. But Ford has literally said that the Maverick will be a Unibody pick-up (more than likely using the Bronco Sport as the base). This will be the true competitor to the Honda Ridgeline and the Hyundai Santa Cruz (whenever that happens). In other words Maverick will be a true city slicker truck.
Remember this? Supposed next-gen Ranger leak...

next-gen-ford-ranger-leak.jpg

RedTetsu13

Black Diamond
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Elantra Sedan
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Remember this? Supposed next-gen Ranger leak...

Ford Bronco Bronco Pickup Truck Renderings (Single and Crew Cab) - Yay or Nay? next-gen-ford-ranger-leak
Yeah, that was one of the early leaks lol. Well we won't really know what will happen for the Ranger for at least another year. I'm assuming that the interior will have a lot of updated stuff from the Bronco, but I think the only exterior leak that seemed most plausible was the one dealing with the Ranger Refresh from Australia if I remember right.

AndrewJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, that was one of the early leaks lol. Well we won't really know what will happen for the Ranger for at least another year. I'm assuming that the interior will have a lot of updated stuff from the Bronco, but I think the only exterior leak that seemed most plausible was the one dealing with the Ranger Refresh from Australia if I remember right.
yep, my guess is the leaked picture was just a clay styling buck, which means the final product could be way different. Although I certainly wouldn't complain if it looked like that...

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Exactly! They forget that there are buyers that don't want these 4 door paddy-wagons, and people buy trucks to get stuff in the bed.

The market shouldn't forget the buyers who need a small truck, 2 doors, 6 ft bed.

I like the idea of the Jeep Commanche, but the looks were a bit off to use the Renegade as the base for that truck.

TFL Jeep Comanche
"people buy trucks to get stuff in the bed."

You said that right ?

Sponsored

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yeah, the base Gladiator has baby wheels. Plus it is so long, it visually makes it worse. But so do most base models. Just look at the bronco base, it has baby wheels too. But you can put 33s on a stock base gladiator without lifting it.
Yeah,but I'll take the base bronco over the base gladiator any day. Gladiator is a weird shaped vehicle. Even without the small tires,it still a hideous looking truck.

crashmc2

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah,but I'll take the base bronco over the base gladiator any day. Gladiator is a weird shaped vehicle. Even without the small tires,it still a hideous looking truck.
Right?! You have to lift it and get 35s or bigger in it before it becomes visually bearable. I think it's hideous and have since day one. It's like Jeep was like "We need a new idea and fast! It's almost lunch and I'm just done with this work day." So one of them just called their redneck cousin and asked him to bolt a bed onto a 4dr for them so they could go golf.

Jeraeyguy84

Outer Banks
First Name
Ter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks