First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sorry, but that's not entirely accurate, but close. Out of curiosity, I got in touch with some Toyota contacts in Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Plano, and Newport Beach early this year.

I was curious about the model cadence for TNGA-F vehicles, off the record. Land Cruiser is first, which will definitely be launched in less than 9 months.

2021 Land Cruiser ordering ends in January, as replacement 300 is launched in Q2 2021. Not for all world markets.

Tundra arrives in early 2022, due to slight delays. North Amer. Only

Sequoia arrives in Q3 2022 and enters production at TMMTX plant.

2023 4Runner arrives in December 2022, thus it is not a 2022 model.

Just like Bronco case in Q2 2021, model years can be very arbitrary and span long multiyear periods. In 2022 vs for 2022 are two very different things in the automotive world.

I remember one instance where a new vehicle or redesign was officially introduced in 2013 and had November 2013 Job 1, then was released in January 2014 as a 2015 model. By December 2015, it oddly enough got a facelift/refresh for its second model year. They pretty much do what they want in the marketing department.

Anyway, one of those contacts that's a clay modeller in both California and Michigan, had been working on a definitely midsized SUV in January 2020. He believed it to be a competing final proposal for the next gen 4Runner for Calty. If they're barely at that stage in January, you're not going to see this vehicle for at least 2.5 years from that point.

It's also earmarked for Q4 2022/Q1 2023 (COVID delay). It will parallel the high performance Bronco offering, not MY 2022.
Right on. I guess information has changed (or all the information 'leaked' a few months ago was incorrect) since I read about it. I'd read in many, many places (and lots YT people made videos about it) that 4Runner Gen 6 was hitting MY2022.

Thanks man.
Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thats why there are 1,000's of aftermarket wheel choices, pick what looks good to you, thats all that matters.
I personally will just go Squatch, as the Bronco doesn't really appeal to me without it. Just waiting to see how bad Ford plans on gouging us.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No a lot of raptors just cruise the suburbs lol, but alot of those people also just have the money to spend and don't care lol.

depends on the package but for the most part I would say no I would not want that package anymore.

Example, before I found out about baby #2 on the way I was day dreaming of getting back into a Mustang. The performance pack allows some very nice looking wheel options that are only available in the PP. I was not gonna get the PP just to get the wheels I thought looked the best, since the upgrades in the PP were mostly handling related and all I care about is straight line(had some goodies tied to that). And even if I did get into the twistys, the base GT would be more then enough for me based on my skill level.

Or a bronco related example, I hate cloth seats. Yet the two trims I am looking at Big Bend and Outer Banks have cloth standard. The Black Diamond is slotted right in between them both has the vinyl which would be a huge win for me. One would think that would be the perfect choice for me, because I can still get the mid package and auto(my must haves) I am not considering that trim at all, because I don't need the off road features that the model offers and personally no offense to anyone I think the black steel wheels are hideous. So I will either get the BB and add aftermarket leather or see if I can squeeze leather into my budget for the OBX.
People cruise around AZ in Raptors all day... but I hear you.

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Began as a Jeep guy, became a Toyota guy after constantly fixing Jeeps. I wanted something capable and reliable, so a Toyota made perfect sense. I love my 4Runner but if Iā€™m honest, it is boring. I want something that excites me every time I sit in it or walk out to my driveway. It is more than capable though, but I did lift it, put 33s on, added full skids, new gears, and a rear locker.

My old man is a ford guy and has had nothing but success with his Ford trucks. And the classic Bronco is the best looking vehicle ever designed (except maybe the Shelby Cobra) in my opinion. So the 6G Bronco with classic styling and a ton of modern comfort and tech has me pretty much sold. Not 100% yet.

But the 2022/23 Tundra has me pausing. It is supposed to get a TT V6 with near 500hp and torque. It will hopefully get their updated tech, like the new Highlander does, which is really slick. The Tundra is WAY bigger than a new Bronco but I could honestly use the space. A full size truck on tight trails is a real issue though. Current prices on a Tundra TRD Pro is $55k, and Iā€™m hoping the new one hits the same price point. Hell, I really like the current Tundra and Iā€™m sure Iā€™d be happy with it, and it will probably be on sale when the new ones hit.

The Tundra is the only thing to give me pause on the new Bronco. Will it keep me out of it? Depends on

1. B&P for the Bronco, Iā€™m not settling on the build I want, but if Iā€™m priced out on what I want, then Iā€™m priced OUT. Not buying a Bronco for the sake of buying a Bronco if I canā€™t afford what I want.
2. Toyota fully releases specs on their new Tundra in time, if they drag their feet on releasing info, Iā€™m not waiting
3. Tundra TRD Pro 21/22 goes on sale to make way for the new models

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Began as a Jeep guy, became a Toyota guy after constantly fixing Jeeps. I wanted something capable and reliable, so a Toyota made perfect sense. I love my 4Runner but if Iā€™m honest, it is boring. I want something that excites me every time I sit in it or walk out to my driveway. It is more than capable though, but I did lift it, put 33s on, added full skids, new gears, and a rear locker.

My old man is a ford guy and has had nothing but success with his Ford trucks. And the classic Bronco is the best looking vehicle ever designed (except maybe the Shelby Cobra) in my opinion. So the 6G Bronco with classic styling and a ton of modern comfort and tech has me pretty much sold. Not 100% yet.

But the 2022/23 Tundra has me pausing. It is supposed to get a TT V6 with near 500hp and torque. It will hopefully get their updated tech, like the new Highlander does, which is really slick. The Tundra is WAY bigger than a new Bronco but I could honestly use the space. A full size truck on tight trails is a real issue though. Current prices on a Tundra TRD Pro is $55k, and Iā€™m hoping the new one hits the same price point. Hell, I really like the current Tundra and Iā€™m sure Iā€™d be happy with it, and it will probably be on sale when the new ones hit.

The Tundra is the only thing to give me pause on the new Bronco. Will it keep me out of it? Depends on

1. B&P for the Bronco, Iā€™m not settling on the build I want, but if Iā€™m priced out on what I want, then Iā€™m priced OUT. Not buying a Bronco for the sake of buying a Bronco if I canā€™t afford what I want.
2. Toyota fully releases specs on their new Tundra in time, if they drag their feet on releasing info, Iā€™m not waiting
3. Tundra TRD Pro 21/22 goes on sale to make way for the new models
Are you considering the Badlands?

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the bronco falls through for me I will likely replace my 99 Land cruiser(with 433k miles on it) with a newer 200 series land cruiser(either toyota or lexus)

Clark

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you considering the Badlands?
Yes. This is what I refuse to settle on for my Bronco build: BL, 2.7/10spd, Lux, Sasquatch, Tow pack, Hard Top

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$45k Bronco alright
$60k ? Shelby GT350 or another performance CAR

If Iā€™m spending $60k, itā€™s not on a 4x4 with 300ish HP. I donā€™t care if it can climb up a wall
Are you talking about this kind of wall?

tenor (2).gif

Sponsored

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I personally will just go Squatch, as the Bronco doesn't really appeal to me without it. Just waiting to see how bad Ford plans on gouging us.
So if Bronco w/Sas Pak. does not appeal you with, what is the Plan B? just curious.

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah but to me its just putting lipstick on a pig lol. I understand their purpose, but no thanks lol
Thatā€™s why we all have opinions. I believe the black steelies are some of the best looking wheels the Bronco is being offered too..

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So if Bronco w/Sas Pak. does not appeal you with, what is the Plan B? just curious.
Not sure. Drop to the Base and build as i can/maybe go 2.3L 2 door/keep the Mustang, throw a 6k Edelbrock in it and find a used Raptor/Wait for the Warthog. All depends on the B&P and what i can do to feel comfortable.

Chcg12

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sorry, but that's not entirely accurate, but close. Out of curiosity, I got in touch with some Toyota contacts in Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Plano, and Newport Beach early this year.

I was curious about the model cadence for TNGA-F vehicles, off the record. Land Cruiser is first, which will definitely be launched in less than 9 months.

2021 Land Cruiser ordering ends in January, as replacement 300 is launched in Q2 2021. Not for all world markets.

Tundra arrives in early 2022, due to slight delays. North Amer. Only

Sequoia arrives in Q3 2022 and enters production at TMMTX plant.

2023 4Runner arrives in December 2022, thus it is not a 2022 model.

Just like Bronco case in Q2 2021, model years can be very arbitrary and span long multiyear periods. In 2022 vs for 2022 are two very different things in the automotive world.

I remember one instance where a new vehicle or redesign was officially introduced in 2013 and had November 2013 Job 1, then was released in January 2014 as a 2015 model. By December 2015, it oddly enough got a facelift/refresh for its second model year. They pretty much do what they want in the marketing department.

Anyway, one of those contacts that's a clay modeller in both California and Michigan, had been working on a definitely midsized SUV in January 2020. He believed it to be a competing final proposal for the next gen 4Runner for Calty. If they're barely at that stage in January, you're not going to see this vehicle for at least 2.5 years from that point.

It's also earmarked for Q4 2022/Q1 2023 (COVID delay). It will parallel the high performance Bronco offering, not MY 2022.
When the new landcruiser launches will it be a stripped down, less expensive version for the United States? Also when it first debuts, even if overseas, will that be indicative of what we will get in the states? thanks

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When the new landcruiser launches will it be a stripped down, less expensive version for the United States? Also when it first debuts, even if overseas, will that be indicative of what we will get in the states? thanks
lol no, we get the fully loaded gas model
Sponsored