Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a Toyota plant near us that gives tours. I wish Ford did the same thing because it's absolutely insane to watch how everything comes together, especially the phase the raw body gets dipped and goes through paint.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Razorbak86, you forgot the Reservation Bronco Curing Process (RBCP) where they leave it outside for six months to let the hardtops develop their snakeskin pattern, add interior mold from leaky roofs, and let water spots etch into the clear coat.

Note: This process does not apply to retail orders. Those are labeled "high priority" for YouTubers and BaT flippers, and are sent right away.

šŸ˜

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great list thanks for assembling.

"Shipped" status starts when the vehicle is ready to be shipped and not when it is actually enroute. Sort of like "In Production" status begins when the production planning and window sticker start and not when bolts and nuts are being screwed together.

My experience on the "Shipped" status with my Lightning. It was shipped rail. I was fortunate that my FordPass app had been activated so I could see where it was parked.

My Lightning was moved to the railcar loading ramp parking lot and a day later I received "Shipped" notification. However, I could see that it was still sitting in the parking lot. Ford chat confirmed that my Lightning was "released to the ramp" but it was not yet assigned to a railcar. My Lightning sat at the loading ramp for eleven days before it was loaded onto a railcar. As soon as I saw my Lightning "parked" on the railroad tracks with the FordPass app, I contacted chat and was able to get a railcar number.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great list thanks for assembling.

"Shipped" status starts when the vehicle is ready to be shipped and not when it is actually enroute. Sort of like "In Production" status begins when the production planning and window sticker start and not when bolts and nuts are being screwed together.

My experience on the "Shipped" status with my Lightning. It was shipped rail. I was fortunate that my FordPass app had been activated so I could see where it was parked.

My Lightning was moved to the railcar loading ramp parking lot and a day later I received "Shipped" notification. However, I could see that it was still sitting in the parking lot. Ford chat confirmed that my Lightning was "released to the ramp" but it was not yet assigned to a railcar. My Lightning sat at the loading ramp for eleven days before it was loaded onto a railcar. As soon as I saw my Lightning "parked" on the railroad tracks with the FordPass app, I contacted chat and was able to get a railcar number.
Thanks. I will clarify the shipping line item. (y)

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Management level (superintendent and above) employees drive a vehicle home every day and fill out an evaluation. At our plant the mileage limit was 75 total. Great perk and the evaluation catches things that the quality system misses.
I guess this is what the note in my window was about...
not sure if they had to tweak anything but the fit and finish of my unit is great and no issues what so ever (yet).

IMG_2531.JPG

Sponsored

Alcotune

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
One caveat, we never had chip shortages. I could see a unit with a defective chip part sitting in the yard for a while.
Like 5-6 months for many of us that had January blend dates :(

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess this is what the note in my window was about...
not sure if they had to tweak anything but the fit and finish of my unit is great and no issues what so ever (yet).

Ford Bronco Bronco Production and Testing Process -- MAP Factory Stages From Paint to Shipping IMG_2531.JPG
Yes. Most of the randomly selected vehicles do not have defects. The units are picked from the shipping yard or right before they go out of the gate.

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MAP has a stamping facility, so technically, the first step of the process is stamping out the metal parts of the body to send to the body shop for construction (we refer to the body construction area as the "body shop")

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can safely say that no wind noise testing could have occurred on my vehicle, as I have never had a vehicle with such horrible wind noise in my life!

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MAP has a stamping facility, so technically, the first step of the process is stamping out the metal parts of the body to send to the body shop for construction (we refer to the body construction area as the "body shop")
Thanks for the feedback. (y)

I modified the first bullet to read as follows:
  • Stamping, Body Shop, & Paint (2-3 production days)
    • Stamping, metal work, sealer, paint, AS/RS inbound/outbound.
Is that correctly stated? Is the 2-3 production days still correct? Let me know if I need to incorporate further clarifications.

Sponsored

SCBronco1

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Lariat Fx4, 2012 BMW X3, 2011 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

NotaChief

Base
First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Cherokee Chief
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the insight! Mines been stuck between blend and shipment readiness since August 8th so I hope theyā€™re just busy adding on a bunch of accidental accessories, otherwise Iā€™m afraid they built it upside down and had to start over haha!
I'm right there with you. I got a "built" email more than a month ago without any progress since & now it shows it's in production again. It's an absolute base with no mods or accessories so who knows what they could be doing. Ford customer service says it's on the ramp to ship but they told me that weeks ago. Anyone have any ideas?

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm right there with you. I got a "built" email more than a month ago without any progress since & now it shows it's in production again. It's an absolute base with no mods or accessories so who knows what they could be doing. Ford customer service says it's on the ramp to ship but they told me that weeks ago. Anyone have any ideas?
Mine is finally in shipping phase which can take up to 4-5 weeks with supply chain and railway bottlenecks. But I totally feel you. The build process inherently includes the transfer to shipping. I think Ford assumed this wouldnā€™t be a huge time sink. I just get annoyed that with such a messy manufacturing process and supply chain chaos, Ford is dropping the ball on clear communication to customers about timing. Canā€™t be that hard to accurately display build state so customers feel included in the process. Thatā€™s my gripe for the day haha.

RicochetJP

Everglades
First Name
JP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Badlands and Fusion Sport (all 2.7s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

What does Ramp 4G mean exactly? Is it the last step before it is placed in a railcar for shipment?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does Ramp 4G mean exactly? Is it the last step before it is placed in a railcar for shipment?
That's the first reference I have seen of "Ramp 4G" in this thread. Is that something that Ford communicated directly to you? If so, it seems reasonable to assume that's the last step before shipping.
Sponsored