Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I've seen questions all over the board as to the capacity Ford has to produce Broncos, and this should help you all understand their production ability.

MAP (Michigan Assembly) is currently building Rangers on one shift. The second shift is coming ahead of Bronco's launch.

At the currently planned 70/30 mix of Brocno/Ranger at MAP, they'll be putting out 1,200 Broncos a day between two 10 hour shifts. For launch year, they're able to add Saturday production at 2 Saturdays on, 1 Saturday off. (There will be no third shift added at least until the new Ranger arrives in a few years, and that will depend on demand at the time)

They'll be building 7,200 Broncos a week with Saturday on and 6,000 a week with Saturday off.

Assuming they're able to maintain that speed and cadence - and assuming the Bronco body shop can keep up with that pace - you'll be looking at the potential for over 45,000 builds in the first 2 months.

Remember that MAP has a very unique layout, where both Ranger and Bronco have their own separate body shops that merge onto on final assembly line. Each body shop would typically be running half the speed of final assembly with a 50/50 mix.

The $250,000 question is if the Bronco body shop can keep up with the pace of a 70/30 mix. We'll know the answer.... February-ish.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if they can build 7,200 Broncos a week, and the reservations are already in the 10 million range... guess I might as well go buy a Wrangler :)

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm in no hurry, having just bought a new Escape last year. More time will allow me to save more for down payment/option out the Bronc and get a better resale/lein amount when the time comes on the Escape.
But then again, would be pretty nice to have one in the driveway now. Lol

Rocket

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F-150, 1978 Bronco, 2022 Bronco, 2022 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sounds like there will be ample supply..........

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like there will be ample supply..........
There will be, but not until the reservations are built-out.

I don't think anyone should expect appreciable dealer stock units to be on lots until very late Summer or early Fall.
Sponsored