Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for sharing this, that's why I censored the post. But I know someone who works at Dearborn stamping and they shared that there was a fire on one of the cranes used for setting presses on the Bronco line.

I edited this post to remove their Facebook post as suggested by others here. I really hope that they can get this fixed soon.
Sponsored

Last edited:

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the info but I'd pull the images. Hate to get someone in trouble and risk their job.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for sharing this, that's why I censored the post. But I know someone who works at Dearborn stamping and they shared this on facebook.
I really hope they are exaggerating. View attachment 94818
What does that machine do?

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the info but I'd pull the images. Hate to get someone in trouble and risk their job.
I pulled it. And you're right, I'd hate to get him in trouble he's been there for over 20 years.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I hope I don't get anyone in trouble for sharing this, that's why I censored the post. But I know someone who works at Dearborn stamping and they shared that there was a fire on one of the cranes used for setting presses on the Bronco line. I edited this post to remove their Facebook post as suggested by others here.
I really hope that they can get this fixed soon.

View attachment 94818
Well just buy a new one
Show must go on

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does that machine do?
I am not 100% certain so hate to speculate too much. But knowing what he does I am guessing it is used to set the dies for the presses.

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well just buy a new one
Show must go on
LOL....I'm sure they can...But would probably take months to get one in.

92EddieBauer

Black Diamond
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas & Titan XD Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well just buy a new one
Show must go on
Id prefer them to get to a root cause of the issue and address it. Wouldn't want an employee to die just so you can get your bronco a day earlier lmao

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manufacturing usually has contingency plans for things like this, as much as we can.
Either bridge cranes that travel the length of an area and are able to travel along the path of the hobbled crane, extra VFD's, contactors, and motors on hand, whatever.
We are a smaller company and I made it a point to order an extra VFD, extra contactors, extra wire rope, trolley drive motors, buss fuses, sheaves, pulleys, etc. to keep on the shelf.
The worst situation we've had that we could not handle in-house kept us down for maybe 2 days.
We have a crane repair service on call.
I'm sure if my privately owned company has these plans a multi-national fortune 500 company has that and more.
I wouldn't sweat it.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manufacturing usually has contingency plans for things like this, as much as we can.
Either bridge cranes that travel the length of an area and are able to travel along the path of the hobbled crane, extra VFD's, contactors, and motors on hand, whatever.
We are a smaller company and I made it a point to order an extra VFD, extra contactors, extra wire rope, trolley drive motors, buss fuses, sheaves, pulleys, etc. to keep on the shelf.
The worst situation we've had that we could not handle in-house kept us down for maybe 2 days.
We have a crane repair service on call.
I'm sure if my privately owned company has these plans a multi-national fortune 500 company has that and more.
I wouldn't sweat it.
This is my thought. I have a friend who works in the machine repair shop at a manufacturing business and everyday he posts about something breaking, catching on fire, eating itself, etc.

And every day he follows up with what it took to get them back up and running.

A problem that I would assume is terminal, is an hour job with some electrical work and some time on a lathe for him.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The brake presses needed to stamp panels are massive and some of the big boys are quite old. The crane is probably a critical piece of equipment in a critical physical location and has been there since the plant opened (since the old presses have most certainly not been replaced as it is cheaper to repair). Dismantling it to move and erecting a new one (likely custom built) might not be trivial.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is my thought. I have a friend who works in the machine repair shop at a manufacturing business and everyday he posts about something breaking, catching on fire, destroying itself, etc.

And every day he follows up with what it took to get them back up and running.

A problem that I would assume is terminal, is an hour job with some electrical work and some time on a lathe for him.
Lol true.
I've done a lot of different things in my life.
Currently a plant manager.
However, I've done it all from welding, painting, maintenance, etc.
As a side gig a few years back a buddy and I ran an industrial repair business and you would be amazed at some things that "just happen".
A lot of times you just stand back, look at the situation and think "how in the world did this happen?"
The most FUBAR'ed situation I can remember having to diagnose and fix is a racoon climbed up a column one day at a factory and shorted himself out between two legs of 480V 3 phase on a bridge crane power rail. It melted the contactors, wires inside in a control panel, fried some overhead lights. And it smelled horrible.
I used to have a poster on my toolbox where a rhino's rear end was sticking out of a steaming boiler and the caption said "just another normal day in maintenance."
It was very true.

OP
OP
MacDonald_Photo

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is what he said, "Those cranes over there belong in a historical museum they ancient! Lol."
And,"Looks like the braking system caught fire and some of the parts fused together. Real mess."

🥺
Sponsored