First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Why is it that Ford sitting on my deposit money is somehow different?
***Why is it that Ford THE DEALER sitting on my deposit money is somehow different?***

There, fixed it for you.
Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The “…through 2022” part was chilling. I always thought it was hyperbole when I joked “I will not get mine before 2023”. The sad part is that as a late res/order holder that is no longer an exaggeration but is true. I am very bummed about this and will probably have to make other arrangements for a vehicle.
Another Atlanta person here waiting and hoping for a 22. When did you reserve? Are you PC 99 or 19?

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it is safe to assume that all automotive production will be limited in 2022. The chip/top/steel shortages aren't going away in 6 months. We're going to be deep into 2022 before we turn the corner. Everyone believed the corner would be Q3 2021 but that's unreasonable at this point.
But it's more fun to blame Ford.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The “…through 2022” part was chilling. I always thought it was hyperbole when I joked “I will not get mine before 2023”. The sad part is that as a late res/order holder that is no longer an exaggeration but is true. I am very bummed about this and will probably have to make other arrangements for a vehicle.
"Chilling" sounds a tad hyperbolic, as well.

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No poster. No hammock. No bronco. No more AMB anymore.

I’m pulling for a sweet 2022 calendar (counting the days till your new bronco arrives?) sometime in December. Maybe some valentines chocolates (you’ll love your sweet new bronco) I’m positive I’ll get an email April 1 ****”Your new Bronco….. Wont fool around”. or a July 4th sparkler kit (you’re gonna explode when your new bronco arrives)

sips bourbon

hops back in 159k mile Jeep. Whelp I’m still not done with you yet.
Wh8ch bourbon are you sipping? My current favorite is Redemption Wheated.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No poster. No hammock. No bronco. No more AMB anymore.

I’m pulling for a sweet 2022 calendar (counting the days till your new bronco arrives?) sometime in December. Maybe some valentines chocolates (you’ll love your sweet new bronco) I’m positive I’ll get an email April 1 ****”Your new Bronco….. Wont fool around”. or a July 4th sparkler kit (you’re gonna explode when your new bronco arrives)

sips bourbon

hops back in 159k mile Jeep. Whelp I’m still not done with you yet.
Which bourbon are you sipping? My current favorite is Redemption Wheated.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like how the article stated “ orders are still coming in, but nothing like the beginning.” Excuse me, but Ford instructed me NOT to order since my reservation time was First week of August 2020. Told me I was a definite MY 22. So why are orders still coming in and being accepted?
Ugh ... That certainly was not true as Ford has produced at least some Broncos reserved in August, although probably not many. (I myself reserved 7/31/20, was built 7/23/21, and delivered 8/3/21, but I changed to soft top on May 10).

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

7/14 here too

Got the hammock
Did not get the poster thingie people were talking about....
You could read my poster on your hammock . . .

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Keep calm and buy a Jeep! 😬

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford was very specific that there would be no dealer stock before 2021MY orders were built. They refused to extend that verbiage for 2022 and beyond.
Yes, but we all know the abandoned order game is on. I suspect that more than one dealer has padded their inventory that way, it may not be mass numbers of Broncos, but I guarantee there are some.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
***Why is it that Ford THE DEALER sitting on my deposit money is somehow different?***

There, fixed it for you.
A $100 deposit is one thing, $47,953 is an entirely different thing. My Bronco is built and they need to ship the damn thing or give me any other course of action other than to wait for them to figure out how to get a replacement hardtop in three to six months.

FWIW, I did place a reservation in June 2021 with Granger when I was getting a competitive quote... as I might just order a second Bronco and sell my bad batch Bronco later... so yes, Granger is sitting on my $100... that's not the end of the world from my perspective, especially if I decide I want something 2022.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

A $100 deposit is one thing, $47,953 is an entirely different thing. My Bronco is built and they need to ship the damn thing or give me any other course of action other than to wait for them to figure out how to get a replacement hardtop in three to six months.

FWIW, I did place a reservation in June 2021 with Granger when I was getting a competitive quote... as I might just order a second Bronco and sell my bad batch Bronco later... so yes, Granger is sitting on my $100... that's not the end of the world from my perspective, especially if I decide I want something 2022.
I still have $100 parked at Granger. its a safety net in case my existing order goes south permanently or gets f'up then I am not sitting at the bottom of the pile of on going reservations.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What are the problems that Ford can control (tops) and the problems they cannot control (constraints in the marketplace). It is a logistics and production shit show across a variety of industries. Drive by new car lots, nobody has new cars sitting around. Wait times are dragged out for all sorts of vehicles, even low demand models. You got a great price on your POS truck because of this exact reason...constraints.

Blame Ford for what they can control, but recognize the cluster F taking place across various markets, especially new cars.
Which bourbon are you sipping? My current favorite is Redemption Wheated.
Yes, but we all know the abandoned order game is on. I suspect that more than one dealer has padded their inventory that way, it may not be mass numbers of Broncos, but I guarantee there are some.
I do blame Ford. Looks like from reservation to delivery will be two years, maybe longer. 7/15/2021 reservation. Not a chance of it being built before January 2022. Ford selected their suppliers. You can order just a amount any other vehicle and have it in less than 6 months. I am hoping I can hang in there that long, but sold my truck in June thinking I would have My Bronco by December. Ford has screwed this up bad.

Bourbon lately has been EH Taylor Bottled in Bond, Eagle Rare or Heaven Hill 13 year bottled in Bond.

Dealers are ordering and selling Broncos that do not have Sasquatch, Hard top, lux or v6. Its possible to get a Bronco, just not what was ordered and well over MSRP. Ford screwed this up big time.
Sponsored