MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like how the article stated “ orders are still coming in, but nothing like the beginning.” Excuse me, but Ford instructed me NOT to order since my reservation time was First week of August 2020. Told me I was a definite MY 22. So why are orders still coming in and being accepted?
Sponsored

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a to of new info but it’s almost in stone now that the initial number of orders won’t be 100% fulfilled until 2023:(

Ford Bronco Production Will Be Limited Through 2022

https://fordauthority.com/2021/09/ford-bronco-production-will-be-limited-through-2022/

Ford’s molded-in color hardtop supplier, Webasto, had major issues producing enough tops to meet demand, and then, quality issues arose, prompting Ford to replace all MIC tops and push all unscheduled Bronco orders to 2022. Thus, many are left wondering how long it will take Ford to fulfill all of its 125,000+ orders, and unsurprisingly, it appears that this will take some time, as Ford Bronco production will be limited through next year.

“We’re anticipating that it will be through 2022 before we’re able to satisfy the demand,” Ford Bronco Brand Chief, Mark Grueber, told Ford Authority Executive Editor, Alex Luft, in a recent interview. “Part of that is the ramp-up of the plant that’s still happening, so it will be into next year. 190k was the reservations, and 125k converted to orders, so about two-thirds. That 125k has been pretty steady, so it’s been pretty constant. New orders are coming in, but they’re not coming in nearly at the pace that they were at the start.”

As Ford Authority reported last week, online Bronco reservations have been paused temporarily due to the high number of orders already in the system, as well as supply constraints. That means customers interested in ordering a Bronco must do so the old-fashioned way, for now – by visiting a dealership. On the bright side, those that aren’t married to certain configurations or options may be able to take delivery sooner this way.

For those that have had their order pushed to the 2022 model year due to these constraints, 2022 Ford Bronco order banks are scheduled to open in October, with production starting at the Ford Michigan Assembly Plant in late December. The Bronco will gain new colors and features for the 2022 model year, including the Capable front bumper, special edition models, a manual transmission option with the Sasquatch package, and a roof rack for four-door Broncos equipped with the Sasquatch package.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I like how the article stated “ orders are still coming in, but nothing like the beginning.” Excuse me, but Ford instructed me NOT to order since my reservation time was First week of August 2020. Told me I was a definite MY 22. So why are orders still coming in and being accepted?
Maybe Ford should watch this. :LOL:

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Bronco Production to Be Limited in 2022:

I don't think Ford Authority read the last memo Ford released. It said after fixing the Dirt Mountain Bronco's, and replacing the already delivered Bronco tops, production for the rest of the MIC tops would be built in 2022. They will complete the remaining FE orders in '21 along with scheduling soft top orders during the same time. This article left a lot of these particulars out, so that headline is basically not true. It's pretty sad they call themselves "Ford Authority", and can't get the shit right. Especially when there are so many of us on the hook just waiting for production to kick into high gear.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/📣-ford-announces-mic-hardtop-solution-unscheduled-orders-will-get-my2022-delivered-built-broncos-will-have-tops-replaced.21508/

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought the hammock thing was pretty funny.
I thought it was pretty funny too. I could understand why people would frustrated but at least Ford is recognizing that this has been a long wait.

Swung by the dealership today on the way home to see if they had gotten their second demo unit in (they hadn’t). There was a particularly irate customer who was cussing out the sales manager and making all kinds of threats ranging from class action lawsuits to buying competitor products. It’s like he felt if he yelled loud enough the sales manager could magically make his Bronco arrive faster.

I know folks are pissed, but wow… some people need to take a chill pill. Brought me back to my days working at KFC where customers would blow a gasket over getting pieces of chicken they felt were too small in their KFC bucket.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought it was pretty funny too. I could understand why people would
I know folks are pissed, but wow… some people need to take a chill pill. Brought me back to my days working at KFC where customers would blow a gasket over getting pieces of chicken they felt were too small in their KFC bucket.
My 12 piece bucket of chicken better not have air in it like a bag of chips!!!!!!

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I act salty at times but I'm not really angry at Ford just disappointed because I wanted the thing now. I actually feel bad for them as I walked through the ghost land of a dealership today and it was more a used car lot. The delays have actually allowed me to move up a couple trims and add Sasquatch so there's that and my wife really liked the hammock.

Sponsored

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I act salty at times but I'm not really angry at Ford just disappointed because I wanted the thing now. I actually feel bad for them as I walked through the ghost land of a dealership today and it was more a used car lot. The delays have actually allowed me to move up a couple trims and add Sasquatch so there's that and my wife really liked the hammock.
I have been diehard Bronco for two years basically, all the stuff, 6g junky; and I just today started to actually consider squatching my Badlands.

West1

Base
First Name
DM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base with OBX wheels
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The “…through 2022” part was chilling. I always thought it was hyperbole when I joked “I will not get mine before 2023”. The sad part is that as a late res/order holder that is no longer an exaggeration but is true. I am very bummed about this and will probably have to make other arrangements for a vehicle.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Article also says "all" unscheduled orders pushed to 2022... Umm, that's not correct. Guess research and proofreading left journalism a long time ago.

Wamland

Outer Banks
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

No poster. No hammock. No bronco. No more AMB anymore.

I’m pulling for a sweet 2022 calendar (counting the days till your new bronco arrives?) sometime in December. Maybe some valentines chocolates (you’ll love your sweet new bronco) I’m positive I’ll get an email April 1 ****”Your new Bronco….. Wont fool around”. or a July 4th sparkler kit (you’re gonna explode when your new bronco arrives)

sips bourbon

hops back in 159k mile Jeep. Whelp I’m still not done with you yet.