Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I this just a poorly phrased version of "the MOD Top orders won't be filled until 2023. Ergo, orders won't be done until 2023"?
This guy is the head of the Bronco Brand, speaking to Ford Authority. I would guess that his phrasing was chosen extremely carefully.

I have to admit that "through 2022" is a much slicker way of saying "into 2023".
Sponsored

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I understand the issues that Ford is going through. I've decided to wait until they have solid solutions to the 2021MY issues. I have a feeling that I will be 2023MY buyer. With all of the 2021 issues, I have doubts that Ford will fix much beside the hard top and mirrors. I think 2021 and 2022 owners will get a great vehicle, but I have reservations about spending this much money on a vehicle that doesn't have the details dialed in.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it is safe to assume that all automotive production will be limited in 2022. The chip/top/steel shortages aren't going away in 6 months. We're going to be deep into 2022 before we turn the corner. Everyone believed the corner would be Q3 2021 but that's unreasonable at this point.
GM is idling their plants again due to Chip Shortage!

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm 7/14 Res and didn't even get a hammock?
7/14 here too

Got the hammock
Did not get the poster thingie people were talking about....

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My soft top BL was built on 08/03 and still hasn’t shipped, but has an ETA of 09/06. Then they take the soft top off the picture of my BL. I think they ripped it off and must have put it on a FE. My luck.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really didn’t get too excited until they cancelled the color I ordered.
Alright this is one of the few exceptions to be legitimately angry. Maybe not “verbally assault your dealer’s sales manager” levels of angry… but I could understand being pissed.

To be fair to Ford, they did explicitly state that a reservation doesn’t guarantee delivery… and they were careful to say that it was a reservation deposit and not an order deposit. But still… everyone thought of it as an order deposit.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably doing the same. Wonder what this hard top prep kit is all about. I don’t even like this soft top - I think the Bestop fastback looks WAY better. But if I get a Bronco sooner…
The prep kit gives you the wiring/plumbing/controls for defrost and wiper if you ever buy a hard top later. That way we’re not screwed by getting a soft top now

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Out of the estimated 190k people who made reservations, 65k failed to make an order. 65k! And then there are those reservationists who made an order, but failed to actually buy the vehicle.

So I'm not too keen on Ford's reservation scheme or reservationists, they are nothing special. Half probably didn't even know what exactly they were reserving (having not even test driven much less seen in person the vehicle) as they bashed a keyboard a year ago.

One of the first Broncos in my area, sold to a guy off the street, after the reservationist showed up for his order, and decided he didn't want it. I'd be more ticked at the ill advised reservation scheme and reservationist than a dealer.