dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any date would be fictitious at this point. I'm not a first day reservation., July 15th. So that means many are ahead of me. Being that 2.7 is a constraint, towing is a constraint, Sasquatch is a constraint, Lux is a constraint July is a reasonable estimate. Most certainly will not be before April.

Not really. Shortage for truck is computer chips. Shortage is MIC top for bronco and the other things I listed.

This roll out is a crap show and FORD knows it. That why the silly gifts, and now a Memo to dealers to spend money on us to try to appease us.
Are you saying the chip shortage does not affect the Bronco?
Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any date would be fictitious at this point. I'm not a first day reservation., July 15th. So that means many are ahead of me. Being that 2.7 is a constraint, towing is a constraint, Sasquatch is a constraint, Lux is a constraint July is a reasonable estimate. Most certainly will not be before April.

Not really. Shortage for truck is computer chips. Shortage is MIC top for bronco and the other things I listed.

This roll out is a crap show and FORD knows it. That why the silly gifts, and now a Memo to dealers to spend money on us to try to appease us.
I'm not saying they aren't at fault, but you need to recognize that the same system that allowed you to profit is the same system that is causing the rollout to come out slower.

Many, many industries are dealing with constraints, supply chain issues, labor shortage etc etc. it's a shit show right now.

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Are you saying the chip shortage does not affect the Bronco?
Well, that is not one of the reasons FORD has given for the delays. Right now FORD keeps saying its the MIC hard top. Then they are saying after the Top is the other items I listed in my post. You can get a 4 door now with out the items I listed. So I do not know if its a chip that is the hold up unless the chip is holding up Lux. Maybe the chip is holding up the 2.7 Ford has not indicated the chip is an issue but may be.

That said chip or no chip issue, FORD has created a crap show roll out. FORD selected a top manufacture that can not get it right, can not keep up with demand. That is FORDs screw up. Doesn't have a dang thing to do with COVID.

Thechief86

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Jeep XJ, 2008 Subaru Forester.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've got an order in for a Bronco, a Maverick, and a Tacoma. If the Taco gets here before the Bronco, then my dealer will get a Bronco to sell.
The Maverick is for my mother. Hopefully those will be rolling out within the next year or so. Her 98 F150 has 300k miles now, and I'm worried it's going to start having trouble before long.

Who iz

Badlands
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, 4Runner, Jimmy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you’re delusional. Finally although it feels like Covid is winding down here (at least for those of us who sucked it up and got the shot instead of ODing on horse dewormer)
We are all delusional, because we are human.
All 6g readers have overdosed on Bronco horse de-wormer....OR WE WOULD NOT BE ON this forum whining and Whinnying for our Broncos?
Lighten up, and enjoy the ride.

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well, that is not one of the reasons FORD has given for the delays. Right now FORD keeps saying its the MIC hard top. Then they are saying after the Top is the other items I listed in my post. You can get a 4 door now with out the items I listed. So I do not know if its a chip that is the hold up unless the chip is holding up Lux. Maybe the chip is holding up the 2.7 Ford has not indicated the chip is an issue but may be.

That said chip or no chip issue, FORD has created a crap show roll out. FORD selected a top manufacture that can not get it right, can not keep up with demand. That is FORDs screw up. Doesn't have a dang thing to do with COVID.
The fact that covid delayed tooling at the Webasto plant kinda does mean covid had a role in the MIC delays.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like how the article stated “ orders are still coming in, but nothing like the beginning.” Excuse me, but Ford instructed me NOT to order since my reservation time was First week of August 2020. Told me I was a definite MY 22. So why are orders still coming in and being accepted?
Bigger numbers means happier stockholders. You probably should have thrown your order into the mix and seen what happens. Never know unless you play the game. What’s the worst that could’ve happened? Pushed to a 22.

tlianza

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lianza.org
Vehicle(s)
2022 LUX/2.7/A51/OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not sure if you're joking, but I think it's safe to say that by "21 builds" he was referring the year 2021. He was not saying that precisely 21 vehicles were cancelled...
He wasn't very specific. Are you sure what he meant? Hard to believe you used 1 of your 2 posts to respond to some nonsense.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
@MaverickMan said half the down payment, not half down.
Yeah I bring home $700 on a good week. Luckily that leaves about $300 a week after bills for food transportation and fun. My wife is getting back to a a couple days of work a week and that helps. Living off grid on our own land helps make retirement simpler. So my goal is to get a Bronco with under a $650 monthly payment. Im hoping that ends up mean I need a $6000 downpayment. That takes about 4 months or so if I get my tax return in there. Probably not the smartest financially but hey you only get to live once.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you had been willing to switch to a soft top, you could have gotten scheduled by now.

With the assembly plant running at a slower production speed, commodities that were previously constrained a month ago (e.g., 2.7L, LUX, TOW, SAS) are no longer as constrained.

FWIW, I just got scheduled and received a VIN on Thursday with the following build specs, and my reservation date is five days after yours:
  • BL | 4D | CO | SOFT | 2.7L | 10AT | LUX | MGV | SAS | TOW
  • Res: 7/20, Sch: Week of 10/4

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't had a chance to watch this yet. Take it for what it's worth.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a sneaking suspicion that a number of Broncos that appeared held up weren't for chips, but a possibility of an mechanical assembly issue (something that would require being inspected there). For instance, we've seen a 2.7 motor lunch itself for an assembly issue, which could possibly prompt Ford to pull a batch for extra inspections.

Don't have any proof of it, but the recent release of a number of softtops from the 8/2 week would suggest that something happened.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I work in the work truck upfitting business, I've heard from all my fleet contacts Ford, GM, Ram that 2022 is going to be ROUGH. Output is going to be drastically less then demand. I've already had multiple customers have their (multi vehicle) orders canceled and had to be reordered as next model year. It's not a good situation for anyone.

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He wasn't very specific. Are you sure what he meant? Hard to believe you used 1 of your 2 posts to respond to some nonsense.
It’s incredibly obvious he’s referring to the model year and not a precise count of 21 vehicles. Any reasonable person with a modicum of contextual awareness would interpret it that way. There’s no need to be defensive and challenge this guy’s post history for correcting your misinterpretation.
Sponsored