Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if it's related to that seized engine that they overnight shipped back to MAP, and maybe they found something in the teardown... šŸ¤”

Nah, it's Webasto again.
Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The train may be officially coming off the tracks. Looks like there will be more downtime the week of 8/16 and/or 8/23. In the spirit of tempering expectations, I'd anticipate some of the August production scheule getting blown up.

Plant brass meeting this morning.
Not really surprising. We know thereā€™s a chip shortage, we know thereā€™s a hard top shortage and ongoing issues, we know COVID cases are ramping up everywhere. This is life right now.

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncoā€¦what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So since my blend date is this week and I have already paid for my Bronco, I am on the opposite end of the spectrum (and that doesn't make me right); however, I am so glad that I have not compromised my build. Some of the builds being blended this week are truly insane with regard to the Deadly Sins. Look at this cauldron of sin:

Most Sins 08-05.png
Did you find an abandoned order in TX? Iā€™ve talked to so many dealers that I have lost track. Canā€™t seem to find one, and most dealers have told me that they have a list of their order holders to call before me if/when they get one.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oof!

It's not surprising that there could be more MIC delays. I wonder if the recent soft-top issues are causing another pause. Should be an easy fix on the soft tops.

Sponsored

Bachman77

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I dunno man... Then why not build amd deliver the trucks and have the dealer network install then when available. Not the first time it's been brought up.
The production line running is the absolute most important thing! Tow hitch? Fucking add it after... Mod bumper? Who gives a shit... Add it after.
Brush guard? Dealer can add that later.
Ford has given dealers this option but dealers are individually owned and most donā€™t want that responsibility. Iā€™m not saying some of this isnā€™t on fords hands. Iā€™m saying all of it isnā€™t Fordā€™s fault. Trying to launch a brand new highly anticipated vehicle in the midst of a worldwide pandemic thatā€™s causing the worst commodity shortage most of us have ever dealt with. On top of vendors and shipping companies all dealing with staffing issues. Expect the worst and hope for the best.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we seriously, honestly believe Webasto and Ford have STILL not figured out the MIC top?? If this is the case, after months of production issues (and likely hints of prior issues before Job 1), then there are truly incompetent morons running the show on both sides of the table.
It can't be both a quality issue AND not able to meet production demands.
@Ford Motor Company needs to do the right thing for the customers.

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

These down weeks arenā€™t a Bronco specific thing. Ford has tentatively scheduled down weeks for chip and commodity shortages. This is across all vehicle production, not just bronco. This is also not just a Ford thing. Having contacts at a few different auto companies, on the production side, not dealers. They are all dealing with this in their own way. Some run normal for a few weeks then take a week off. Some limp along at 50% or 75% capacity. Itā€™s not a specific ford or Bronco issue driving this.
this is why everyone's trade in value is so high. nobody is able to get to full production numbers on in demand vehicles... look at the prices of used cars on reseller sites and tell me there is a glut of new cars... logistics, labor and economics.

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
FORD
Forget Ordering Record Delays

Blk Diamond Cheese/2.7/2D/MIC/MID/TOW

Sponsored

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wonder if it's related to that seized engine that they overnight shipped back to MAP, and maybe they found something in the teardown... šŸ¤”

Nah, it's Webasto again.
Why would they ship it to MAP instead of the engine plant?

JR007

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company Very disappointed in the lack of information coming out on the issues that have plagued this vehicle. You over hyped the Bronco and cannot deliver the product.

We deserve to hear the truth about what is going on!

Cridlon

Big Bend
First Name
CLIF
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Same, I switched my order too, but I bet they don't bother firing up the ol' scheduling machine unless they can fill it with 4-5k worth of orders. not much point to building a bunch of trucks and then one-off'ing a handful of customer orders in there.

Still doesn't really make this level of fuckery acceptable, but suppose I could understand where they might be coming from
Sure, better idea is to piss everyone off!

Status
Not open for further replies.