First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey, full speed ahead, people are waiting on their Broncos!!!

Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/3:  More downtime expected weeks of 8/16 and/or 8/23 Set Sail for Fail

Anyone trying to suggest that Ford didn't understand the fact that COVID was going to interfere with the global supply chain and that Ford didn't have the tools, manpower, backup plans, or other resources to adjust fire as needed really should rethink this "empathy" that they expect of customers.

This was something that could have been managed... despite the complexity and the severity; more importantly, it has been a failure of communication that has made a bad situation worse. Even in a complete, "Mission Fail! We'll get them next time." scenario this doesn't make sense - full production and restarting scheduling to oops... how did that happen after the weekend?

Doesn't really add up.

Last edited:

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncoā€¦what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I switched! build mine! šŸ˜‚
I caved too, and I got a sticker for my trouble.

It did change my priority code from 19 to 15, but I donā€™t think that means anything.

Entropy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I canceled my order a few months ago. No Bronco for us. Will buy one for sure when this shitshow ends and discounts come into dealers, maybe 3 years from now? meanwhile I am having a lot of fun with this thing called Jeep on stock rubicon suspension and tires.

I hope to see you guys on the trail soon so we can all wheel together. Good luck!
Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/3:  More downtime expected weeks of 8/16 and/or 8/23 IMG_20210801_085158474_HDR
Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/3:  More downtime expected weeks of 8/16 and/or 8/23 IMG_20210801_082944219_HDR

Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/3:  More downtime expected weeks of 8/16 and/or 8/23 IMG_20210801_082936410_HDR

Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/3:  More downtime expected weeks of 8/16 and/or 8/23 IMG_20210801_111319317_HDR

Last edited:

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This has become laughable. People ask me when Iā€™m getting my Bronco and laugh. Iā€™m not laughing though. This is simply BS FORD!

edited to thank Ross for his continued dedication to those of us without our rigs at this point. he has his and Iā€™m sure he doesnā€™t really need the aggravation of responding to the negative stuff. Appreciate you, Ross!

Last edited:

Sponsored

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

These down weeks arenā€™t a Bronco specific thing. Ford has tentatively scheduled down weeks for chip and commodity shortages. This is across all vehicle production, not just bronco. This is also not just a Ford thing. Having contacts at a few different auto companies, on the production side, not dealers. They are all dealing with this in their own way. Some run normal for a few weeks then take a week off. Some limp along at 50% or 75% capacity. Itā€™s not a specific ford or Bronco issue driving this.
Right! I agree 100%. My neighbor was going to buy a 2021 Z71. He could not get the options that he wanted. They wanted to build him a truck without some of the features that required chips they didn't have. GM is asking customers to give up things like navigation systems and digital tachometers.

wbrainbow

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 C-10, 2022 Black Diamond, 2007 Harley Davidso
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

With all this Iā€™d rather wait till 2022. They need a big can of bug be gone.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
The last one was the Focus RS launch, I never got my order, it might as well sunk with the titanic from Germany. The Bronco is a second try at this special order stuff from Ford, its panning out about the same path except less water.
What was the reason for not getting your RS? Personal decision, or Ford just never actually delivered?

Powers2020

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Bronco 302, 2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I caved too, and I got a sticker for my trouble.

It did change my priority code from 19 to 15, but I donā€™t think that means anything.
Where can you see your priority code? (sorry if already answered elsewhere)

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And I find a massive lack of empathy towards Ford.
If Ford wanted any empathy or good will to come their way, they would hire Ross to manage their communications to the public. He has been a great example, yet Ford, who has an account here chooses to remain silent. If they had gotten out ahead of this, they would have looked much better, certainly better than letting the crowd sourced status updates trickle out.

jaiuppa

Base
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr CG Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

wow, what a disaster Ford. Under promise AND Under deliver, a double failure no doubt

Bubba

Outer Banks
First Name
Bubba
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Broncoā€¦what else?
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Where can you see your priority code? (sorry if already answered elsewhere)
When my dealer sent the new DORA after I changed to soft top.

However, I asked a similar q earlier in this thread. How do we access our DORA other than via dealer email? Can anyone help w that? I am sure it is discussed ad nauseam somewhere else on the siteā€¦

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Anyone else thinking all of the setbacks might kill the bronco? That would really suck
Iā€™m genuinely wondering at this point.

Itā€™s hard to imagine that a massive company thatā€™s poured so many resources into developing such an important heritage vehicle for the brand, that has also been wildly popular among the general population, would just drop the entire project.

But seeing how they confused the public with the sport, making all the launch hype dwindle because people thought that Ford Flex looking thing was a Bronco, on top of, well, everything else, I honestly am starting to see that as a real possibility.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone have problems with reservations website? I got my reservation in and dealer said I had to confirm order but Ford website kept freezing when trying to confirm my dealer and order. Local dealer also had same problem.

Maybe with the news for August people are flooding the website with cancellations.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.