indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
There are no good choices. But your proposition is untenable. The MIC issues are all cosmetic & subjective. If Ford can't replace them in a timely manner, I'm betting they ship as-is.
I guess it depends on how common the potentially structural issues are (at least down the road), such as edge delamination or internal separation of materials. That could be something Ford would not want to ship anymore. Cosmetic flaws on the interior surface yeah, Ford could ship, and I personally would not care too much about it.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I guess it depends on....
The missing info here is whether or not currently-shipping Webasto tops are acceptable.

If 'yes', then its a "time-to-replace" equation.

If 'no', then its "into the valley of death" time

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
These are very expensive trucks, not a bunch of E.T. the video game cartridges. They are not going to just scrap them and start over, or make people wait till the next model year to get them.
I’m not saying they scrap them. If there’s tops left over from the 12000 Webasto is building then maybe they ship some out, but if they have no good replacement tops then I don’t see them shipping anything until the new supplier is ready.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
People are really going to go off the deep end when They find out what Ford really has planned …🥸
🛑🛠🚙⏳🔝👍🏻💯🥇🚙🎄🥳
I don’t think they’ll resume producing anything other than FE’s for the rest of the year. I think everyone’s non FE will get pushed to MY22 including everything sitting in purgatory and Ford is not shipping out any of them until they can produce a top with no issues.
They will pick through the last 12’000 pieces of crap Webasto has shipped them to find acceptable MIC tops for the FE’s and that’s it until another supplier is up and running and 💯 .
Why do you think everyone’s that is “built and in purgatory” or “scheduled but their date keeps getting pushed” is not moving?? They’ve decided to mothball them all until the tops are sorted. It’ll be February 2022 before anyone sees anything other than an FE go out.

giphy.gif

Sponsored

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SpringTXOR

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lol Love it!
I have my sources for my post. We will see I guess. Only time will prove if it’s right
So did your source tell you if they start with old built or newer built ones to replace these tops?

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the part that makes me scratch my head a little. You want to plan around a date - I get that. But if the date you are given is based on wildly inaccurate, faulty data, wouldn't it be better at this point to wait another month or two or three and get a better picture of what's actually happening?

Ford giving wildly faulty projections based on data that is completely unreliable seems like a recipe for disaster. If the last couple of months have taught us anything it's that none of us should plan around the dates we've been given - and that's coming from a guy who's been given an actual build date (quite a few of them, actually) not just a random estimate.

I totally understand wanting to hear something. I just think the reality of the current situation makes it next to impossible for Ford, and the efforts of people who would build the model to put that estimate together are better deployed trying to add value to fixing this thing, imho.
So here's how I backwards plan. Ford gives me an estimate say Q1 22. I now have a at the earliest and by a latest window to take care of what I need to take care of before my bronco comes. That then allows me to come up with my primary, alternate, contingency. D emergency plans, which allows me to adjust to Ford's actions. I'm covered.
And waiting a month or two or three!?! Ford was supposed to do this in May 2021! Instead they send a Bs email about hardtops. I didn't order a hardtop.Im tired of excuses. Ford knows who is getting a my 21 and my 22 they need to pull up their panties and make the calls. I'm waiting until whenever it takes to get my bronco. But this will be the last ford I buy.

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where is this soft top FE?
As I was told, it’s going to be a Southeast Pa retail delivery of an abandoned order. I took the WT pick because I thought that all WT were to be MIC. The WT is in South Carolina.

Sponsored

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So did your source tell you if they start with old built or newer built ones to replace these tops?
Mate, all I know is that there’s a communication coming that’s going to piss off a lot of people. I’m assuming you mean old built tops or are you talking Broncos?
The only certainty is that Webasto is gone and FE’s will be the only guaranteed vehicle to be delivered in 2021.. I really hope they decide to fit some of the acceptable tops to yours and others like yours but that’s not what I’ve been told is the plan.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here's how I backwards plan. Ford gives me an estimate say Q1 22. I now have a at the earliest and by a latest window to take care of what I need to take care of before my bronco comes.
What you are saying in my opinion supports my point - if Ford's Q1 22 estimate would be at all accurate, I'd get it. But Ford saying Q1 22 is just a wild guess at this point based on very little relevant data. So what happens when you backwards plan based on that, but suddenly things shift on the ground and Ford says, "nevermind, we now see it as Q3 22" and then in September they say "Oh, wait, things have shifted around again and we're moving you up and building you next month!"

Things are changing so rapidly, that giving estimates is counterproductive as it creates additional expectations Ford can't be confident about meeting.

Ford knows who is getting a my 21 and my 22 they need to pull up their panties and make the calls.
This I just disagree with. The ground is shifting under Ford's feet so quickly at this point that they don't know this. Based on what has happened to the August schedule over the last week it certainly appears the landscape just shifted pretty significantly again.

King Dusty

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, First Edition...
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Talk about kicking a hornets nest!

I imagine a couple folks will be disappointed if their '21 holding pen broncs get delivered in '22 with later order folks taking delivery of the '22s at the same time. Oof. Bold prediction, a '22 bronco will be identical to a '21, if for no other reason than that.

Last edited:

tehjukebox

Black Diamond
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Ford Falcon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mate, all I know is that there’s a communication coming that’s going to piss off a lot of people. I’m assuming you mean old built tops or are you talking Broncos?
The only certainty is that Webasto is gone and FE’s will be the only guaranteed vehicle to be delivered in 2021.. I really hope they decide to fit some of the acceptable tops to yours and others like yours but that’s not what I’ve been told is the plan.

Ford Bronco Bronco production update 8/9:  Commodity issues far beyond MIC tops. Chip shortage reaches Bronco supply chain (NO COVID TALK) 1628601226929

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What you are saying in my opinion supports my point - if Ford's Q1 22 estimate would be at all accurate, I'd get it. But Ford saying Q1 22 is just a wild guess at this point based on very little relevant data. So what happens when you backwards plan based on that, but suddenly things shift on the ground and Ford says, "nevermind, we now see it as Q3 22" and then in September they say "Oh, wait, things have shifted around again and we're moving you up and building you next month!"

Like I said the way I backwards plan using PACE (PRIMARY, ALTERNATE, CONTINGENCY, EMERGENCY) If they ever give me an estimated date, I'll be covered. There's things I and I'm sure others would like to get done before my Bronco shows up. Not knowing if this thing is showing up tomorrow or 6 months from now doesn't help.

Things are changing so rapidly, that giving estimates is counterproductive as it creates additional expectations Ford can't be confident about meeting.

This I just disagree with. The ground is shifting under Ford's feet so quickly at this point that they don't know this. Based on what has happened to the August schedule over the last week it certainly appears the landscape just shifted pretty significantly again.

So alllll the remaining reservation holders can be fit into my 21. No way. There's a cutoff. It needs to officially be put out by ford to all of us.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.