Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That's why I was so dead set on a mod top. The MIC is a low quality option. Just enough to get the job done.
In my view - Mod is the same construction as MIC, but with a smooth paintable outer surface and more openings to eventually develop wind and water leaks.

Maybe, the thin molded in layer is the lamination problem and that wonā€™t happen on the smooth one. We donā€™t know.

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
People posting their "built" emails today on the 8/2 and 8/9 threads. šŸ˜‚
Oh, fair enough.. I was hoping it was deliveries..
Unless itā€™s delivered I donā€™t think it counts.. Thereā€™s a lot of people on here with Built Broncoā€™s sitting gathering dust.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe you'll luck out, and they'll push your return to office out. Delta appears to be running rampant here in Kentucky, and I'm sure it's headed North.
Keep that sh!t down there! I swear if my vaca at the end of the month to Michigan gets torpedoed because of a mask mandate my wife is going to keel.......... everyone.:LOL:

Sponsored

txozpilot

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda (Worlds best family van) Odyssey ;)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
More from those in the know:
"New tooling at Webasto was needed. Replacement tops are set to begin in Sept."
So are you saying Webasto isnā€™t fired?? That would be a huge backflip from Ford

e90steve

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

More from those in the know:
"New tooling at Webasto was needed. Replacement tops are set to begin in Sept."
If that's the case I'm about done with this shit show. The bad batch broncos will continue to accumulate all while new ones are built and shipped with new tops. It could easily be November/December until they start getting released from quarantine if what you are saying is true.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've read many times on Blue Oval over the years that this is like being at the front of the line and OK to buy takes a long time coming. Your vehicle goes to a lot and those on the line ship before they get around to dealing with those on the lot.
By this you mean getting one of the early VINs could be lucky, or could be worse?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Keep that sh!t down there! I swear if my vaca at the end of the month to Michigan gets torpedoed because of a mask mandate my wife is going to keel.......... everyone.:LOL:
Yeah, we are headed up to TC and Mackinaw and then stopping through Ann Arbor for a game. And we worry everyday, all the planning will be cancelled.

Sponsored

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So are you saying Webasto isnā€™t fired?? That would be a huge backflip from Ford
They've been fired from the MOD Tops, if they were removed immediately all manufacturing would stop... And then it would be 0 Broncos because manufacturing doesn't spin up that quickly.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, fair enough.. I was hoping it was deliveries..
Unless itā€™s delivered I donā€™t think it counts.. Thereā€™s a lot of people on here with Built Broncoā€™s sitting gathering dust.
But we never got Built emails!
At least I didnā€™t!
Produced and parked! 41 days!

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As others have stated, the only indication Webasto was "fired" from producing MIC tops was in this thread as speculation. And it makes no sense whatsoever at the moment.

Will they eventually be replaced? Definitely possible. And maybe already in process. But Webasto is going to have to continue making tops for Ford for some time if Ford is going to deliver FEs, let alone any other Broncos with hard tops.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.