Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru outback, Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my unsolicited opinion, this would be the best course of action:

"We're sorry to share with you that the Molded-in-Color hard tops arriving at our production facility from a supplier have failed to meet the standards we have for a product as exciting as Bronco. Going forward, all Bronco 4-door units will be shipped with the factory soft top until a new hard top is available, at which point one will be available to you through your dealer. Two-door Broncos will be shipped with the Bestop soft top. As an appreciation for your patience and understanding, we've automatically credited your FordPass Rewards account with an additional 25,000 points, and you'll soon receive an email with a lifetime premium membership to Bronco Nation. There's still some wild out there, and we can't wait to help you find it."

Cutting their loss NOW would make a huge difference in what they're on the hook for down the road.
I've been saying pretty much the same thing to my dealer. Ford needs to put soft tops on all reserved users broncos and then once the MIC issues are solved, ship a hardtop to those customers. They laughed and said Ford wants to make money so doubtful they would ever do that.
Sponsored

BravoV4

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Honda Accord and a 2018 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's not my point, why aren't they sitting in the drive way of someone who ordered them. They're hard to fill orders supposedly, but there they are for all to see lol.
So how would you expect anyone that doesn't have a reservation to see, feel, or experience any of these other combinations? Ford wants people to get an idea of the combos. Sorry if that doesn't fit YOUR prerogative.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.
And those built and parked at MAP?
No updates no communication from Ford!

So ours will just trickle out and into shipping at some unknown rate.

Evolkidbell

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Bronco, 2013 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Thinking about a September delivery date for those built last week. Not even enough time to break it in for hunting season.
September in Northern CO and we can either be driving in Snow or baking in 90+ heat.
was hoping to take to top off for at least a few week before the uncertainty of weather sets in.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Webasto goes any slower they won't be making any tops. I'm 100% convinced that place only has clowns working there, from the CEO to the guy that cleans toilets.
Apparently they're the same guy

Sponsored

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Lol no because nobody deserves to take a poorly manufactured top for a 30-60K vehicle.
I agree. Unfortunately i think I'm gonna get one anyway. Im lucky to have I've built at this point, but will be dealing with some fun warranty stuff im guessing.

Joker352

Big Bend
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly, with all the roof issues, I'm starting to be glad that I didn't reserve until two weeks in and my order is all but assured to be pushed to MY22. Gives me time for the largest downpayment possible and for roof issues to be sorted. Once the MY22 B&P goes live in a couple months I'll be talking with my dealer about changing up some things. Am I disappointed? Sure. Upset? Nah.

All that aside, glad to see MAP is ramping up production at a good pace! Keep it up!

Sponsored

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So how would you expect anyone that doesn't have a reservation to see, feel, or experience any of these other combinations? Ford wants people to get an idea of the combos. Sorry if that doesn't fit YOUR prerogative.
Auto shows, Super Celebration West and East, Ford Show in Carlisle......also again you're missing the point. Anyone with a reservation AND an order IS ALREADY A 99.9% SOLD BRONCO AND MONEY IN FORD'S POCKET. You can't do anything in those dealer demos that we couldn't do at Super Celebrations, where the true bronco folks go every year if possible. Also again it is my prerogative, because those could be and should be somebody's order, including mine. Ford has been advertising this for over a year now officially in case you missed it lmao. You must be a 4 door guy huh?

Also, why can't anyone with Ford answer my question? I've asked it in multiple places on multiple days, tagged Ross even.

BBSBronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yup. Thinking about a September delivery date for those built last week. Not even enough time to break it in for hunting season.
Whoa, what? Is this speculation or is there any basis to this?