Rouge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We might be in limbo for awhile.
I donā€™t think anyone from last weeks build group (week after shutdown) has seen a MIC order get a ā€œBuiltā€ email. The limbo group from 6/28ā€“7/2 are from the week before the shutdown, so we may be all in the same boat.
Yup. Thinking about a September delivery date for those built last week. Not even enough time to break it in for hunting season.
Sponsored

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks, Ross. I havenā€™t had any delay emails since I got my VIN on 7/1.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If Webasto goes any slower they won't be making any tops. I'm 100% convinced that place only has clowns working there, from the CEO to the guy that cleans toilets.
Might be the same guy!

5280Bronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This entire launch is a fucking disaster. Iā€™m laughing at how pathetic this is while Iā€™m crying.
I'll take this one for the team and take the bad MIC top, so they can hopefully get their stuff together by the time yours is built. I'll even show you how bad mine is. Does that make you feel better?

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll take this one for the team and take the bad MIC top, so they can hopefully get their stuff together by the time yours is built. I'll even show you how bad mine is. Does that make you feel better?
Iā€™m in

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would jump all over a soft top if Ford offered some kind of price guarantee on a MIC top down the road. The difficult part of this swap is that it comes with such a massive price risk if customers end up not liking the soft top. Iā€™d even pay for dual top with the MIC if it were fairly priced (even if they made it an item to be delivered within X months or money back).

Taking a $4k gamble on a soft top is the tough part.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Do you expect that they may drastically change the design of the roof or continue to refine current design? Seems worrying theyā€™d push production with a roof that has major engineering design issues
Somebody who knows more chime in but I believe the tops that are on jeeps are heavier than these MIC tops, if that is the case and Ford went more towards something like that it would make the GVWR and COG issues even worse.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@PREMiERdrum

What I don't get is..all the testing Ford has done with these vehicles, including all the events over the past year, and now the Off Roadeos, how did they not catch these MIC issues earlier? Makes me wonder if it's occurring now because Webasto was forced to ramp up production when they don't really have the capacity or ability to do so, resulting in an inferior product. As the old saying goes, haste makes waste?

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but if the top hasn't impacted my scheduled build then how has it been in production for over 3 weeks?
It can't the chips either since Ford said it's all good there.
Maybe they're just waxing and buffing the shit out of it?
Guys, I'll take it as is - thanks!

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My Wildtrak was supposed to be built today but I can understand if theyā€™re a day or 2 behind. Iā€™m ok with getting a slightly defective hard top as long as Ford is making it right in the future. And honestly Iā€™ll be driving with the top off majority of the time so itā€™s not the biggest deal to me how the hard top comes in. Just hoping it doesnā€™t get held at the plant for this issue because letā€™s face it, weā€™ve been patient for over a year and want our rigs šŸ˜šŸ˜
I donā€™t get all you guys willing to settle for defective tops just to get your bronco sooner you got a wild track so in your case you probably looking at close to 60000 bronco for that kind of money your top should be perfect donā€™t settle

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.
Thanks Ross, I know FORD and the good people at MAP are beside themselves that they have to suffer the appearance of looking bad because of an outside vendor that is crucial to the vehicles success. I am also sure FORD is looking at a long term solution that does not depend on ONE outside vendor in the future.
Sponsored