UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Correct. Last I was told was that "the ink was drying" on the contract 3 weeks ago or so. I'm a bit surprised no specifics have been leaked out. Webasto has lost the contract for the MOD tops.
2023 might be a nightmare 2. New supplier may have same issues as Webasto as this will be the first year ever in a new factory that the MOD top is produced.
Sponsored

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Put this beast in my garage. This vehicle is so much more than these tops. Every tenth of a mile, I think less and less of the top issue. It will get fixed and I believe some will get compensated.

DARK.JPG
The only complaint I have about your post is why on hell there isn't a ton of pics or videos about that beautiful VB Base Sasquatch?

I demand explanation about this matter asap!! 😁

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

2023 might be a nightmare 2. New supplier may have same issues as Webasto as this will be the first year ever in a new factory that the MOD top is produced.
Bingo, I was waiting for a 23 white top, I think I may push ro 24.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
@PREMiERdrum

What I don't get is..all the testing Ford has done with these vehicles, including all the events over the past year, and now the Off Roadeos, how did they not catch these MIC issues earlier? Makes me wonder if it's occurring now because Webasto was forced to ramp up production when they don't really have the capacity or ability to do so, resulting in an inferior product. As the old saying goes, haste makes waste?
And we just add a sprinkle of foreshadowing….
Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 A0C2A2D9-A28E-4C5F-99FD-6B371187D9DB

Say what you want about Elon. I personally don’t think he’s nearly as book-smart as his largest proponents will claim. But there are two things about him that you cannot dispute; the dude knows how to build a team; and he knows how to build a brand.

Sponsored

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Enough about bad roofs, late scheduling, and multi-week gate holds to check the roof panels, okay?
Nah. I appreciate the sentiment, but that's what matters to me and so far this is ranging between disappointing and pathetic.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Does Webasto have any skin in the game at all or did Ford front everything for them? If FoMoCo own‘s everything why don’t they just take over the plant again and kick Webasto down the road for not delivering on their contract. if I remember correctly Ford employees had to train there crew and management.

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my unsolicited opinion, this would be the best course of action:

"We're sorry to share with you that the Molded-in-Color hard tops arriving at our production facility from a supplier have failed to meet the standards we have for a product as exciting as Bronco. Going forward, all Bronco 4-door units will be shipped with the factory soft top until a new hard top is available, at which point one will be available to you through your dealer. Two-door Broncos will be shipped with the Bestop soft top. As an appreciation for your patience and understanding, we've automatically credited your FordPass Rewards account with an additional 25,000 points, and you'll soon receive an email with a lifetime premium membership to Bronco Nation. There's still some wild out there, and we can't wait to help you find it."

Cutting their loss NOW would make a huge difference in what they're on the hook for down the road.
Yes. But give me a free hard top later

Deuce

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would hope the new mod top supplier starts working on their end to crank out tops soon so they can be at full production by 2023. They have a little time to prepare. Not much, but a little. I figure they will have to do a bunch of prep and testing before Ford is willing to say they are good to go considering how the MIC tops are working out so far.

Sponsored

Ahauser2010

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi and Company Car
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Answering a big question that a lot of you are asking- Scheduled builds have not been impacted by top issues (for better or worse). If you have a build week, or even better a specific date, your rig will be built as ordered. Check your MIC top closely when you take delivery and make sure your desler logs any imperfections. I have faith that a fix will be on the way.
It may be built but will it be delivered? Doubtful at this point

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So beside the honeycomb, fibers on the undersides, where's the unfinished edges at. The roof panels? Do we need to pull top off and look edges touching body. What a mess.

Papa Smurf

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco WT. ‘23 Maverick. Hybrid. '23 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would hope the new mod top supplier starts working on their end to crank out tops soon so they can be at full production by 2023. They have a little time to prepare. Not much, but a little. I figure they will have to do a bunch of prep and testing before Ford is willing to say they are good to go considering how the MIC tops are working out so far.
I bet there will be a fairly new, gently used, production plant in Michigan coming available here within a few months.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Correct. Last I was told was that "the ink was drying" on the contract 3 weeks ago or so. I'm a bit surprised no specifics have been leaked out. Webasto has lost the contract for the MOD tops.
Webasto doesn't need to lose a contract, they need to close up shop and figure out a different product line that isn't so difficult to them.... Maybe start small with something like.... I don't know.... Bouncy balls?

On a side note, I caught your post of what "should be done" with the whole soft tops for all and 25,000 Ford points.

I'd take it one step further.. No Ford points, just give us the option to purchase the new hard top (when it's built right by someone NOT named Webasto) for the current upgrade price. $695. I'm sure most would be happy with that.
Sponsored