First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been saying pretty much the same thing to my dealer. Ford needs to put soft tops on all reserved users broncos and then once the MIC issues are solved, ship a hardtop to those customers. They laughed and said Ford wants to make money so doubtful they would ever do that.
They won't be laughing when they're on the ass end of a 100 million dollar class action suit.
Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still trying to be an optomist. 7/14 reservation for a 2 dr BL, 2.7, lux, non squatch. That rig is going to be so rare!!!!! If they ever build it.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
And those built and parked at MAP?
No updates no communication from Ford!

So ours will just trickle out and into shipping at some unknown rate.
I guess it depends on what your definition of "impacted" is.

AMICHDEC

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Anybody try to contact dealer about going with softtop given “hookups” that were specified in recent email with September production? Reportedly it’s not even an option with Wildtrak. 😐

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone with a reservation AND an order IS ALREADY A 99.9% SOLD BRONCO AND MONEY IN FORD'S POCKET.
An order ain't worth a bucket of two day old cum if they can't deliver it.

Right about now, I'm sure they are just shitting themselves trying to figure a way out of this mess.
The longer those Broncos sit in those strorage yards the more money in repairs it will cost them, due to lot rot.... which is a new term for me. I wasn't aware that even existed.

The enormity and complexity this Webasto mess has created is STAGGERING!

I just want my Bronco out of that fucking lot and in my driveway!!!!!

Sponsored
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Great info thanks! I received an email couple weeks ago saying that my 2dr BB was scheduled for production today but originally was July 12. I called customer service last Wed and was told it actually started production last Mon July 12.. but has been no change to my timeline since.. waiting kinda patiently 🤣

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yep and that's disappointing on Ford's part. The affluent non-enthusiast most likely won't want to wait 6 months to buy that particular demo either imo.

Here's another one just posted....
20210719_213045.jpg
Again, you're not wrong. It's very disheartening. But they need that loaded Wildtrack sitting out front to even have a chance at selling the 4 door, Base/Big Bend soft tops sitting in the second row. If all they produced were reservation orders, the Bronco would be dead again in 2-3 years. More Broncos out there is better for us, from maintenance and service to aftermarket accessories

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Right about now, I'm sure they are just shitting themselves trying to figure a way out of this mess.
The longer those Broncos sit in those strorage yards the more money in repairs it will cost them, due to lot rot.... which is a new term for me. I wasn't aware that even existed.

Yes sir, if I could like that more than once I would.

RyanP

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

MY 23 and probably not a moment earlier.
As always, thank you for sharing your insights and I hope you and your family are enjoying the new ride!

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Again, you're not wrong. It's very disheartening. But they need that loaded Wildtrack sitting out front to even have a chance at selling the 4 door, Base/Big Bend soft tops sitting in the second row. If all they produced were reservation orders, the Bronco would be dead again in 2-3 years. More Broncos out there is better for us, from maintenance and service to aftermarket accessories
They will/are lose current longtime Ford owners like myself. How many first time Ford buyers are getting to take part in this disaster as well? Thousands.

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I'll go ahead and take the bait on the soft top and buy a hard top or mod top when they're ready. Maybe I'll even get a build date now 😎

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup. Thinking about a September delivery date for those built last week. Not even enough time to break it in for hunting season.
You've heard of dealer lot rot but have you heard of assembly plant holding lot rot?

Last edited:

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Screw it, just called my dealer and switched to a soft top Badlands vice the Wildtrak. I’ll settle with possibly getting a build sooner and letting them work out the MICs down the road. Sounds like they’re still honoring the plumbing option to be able to add a hard top later. It was hard to give up the Wildtrak trim but it is what it is. The MICs we’re giving me anxiety anyways from all of these posts. Only complaint about the soft has been the wavy windows. Guess I’ll see if the MIC and Wildtrak were the biggest item holding back getting a VIN (that and my 7/15 res date).
Dude! Say it isn’t so! The WildTrak pack is gettin’ thin.

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This lot rot shit is being overblown, I unload cars from Japan and Korea that get parked and shipped and they sitting for at least a month and then they might spend months in the yard before they shipped out from the port.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I appreciate all the information. Too bad that Ford direct isn't as good at this. I am sticking out for as long as I can. Let's see, I sold my house, moved into an apartment while the new one was being built from the ground up, we close on this new house 2600 miles away (CA to SC) on July 28th, my daughter started fourth grade, finished fourth grade, took up trap shooting, learned enough to compete, won multiple medals and took a couple of first places. At this rate, I may have to consider my Bronco a retirement gift...to myself...IF it arrives by the time I retire next year. Then again, maybe it will be a wedding gift for my daughter...

Hoping they sort the tops soon and can get them properly produced. My fully loaded Wildtrak is a long time away considering the complete list of pretty much every deadly sin there is on my build.
@Firefight911 Congratulations on your new house in SC Phil. Can't wait to get out of California when I retire! How are you going to pick up your Bronco from Shahram when it finally arrives? Want me to drive it to SC for you? 🤣👍. Take care. Best of luck in SC.
Sponsored