Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Actually that puts Ford in a good position right now. Improves the options available.
Does it? Because part of the problem seems to be the producibility of the design from the materials specified. If I were Webasto that would be my basis of argument.

Dragon6969

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT, 08, 06, 03, 02 escape, 05 rang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a problem solver... Tell Ford to fold up some cardboard boxes with duct tape as the "new" hard top, and then send the soft top along with it as low cost dual top option. I will let Ford address the shortcomings of the cardboard hard top later!

FORD WE KNOW THAT YOU ARE READING!!! SO STOP HIDING AND ADDRESS THE 2 DOOR ISSUE PUBLICLY.

Yes please address the 2 door issue I'm being told by my sales man I won't get mine until spring of 2022

Dragon6969

imaginager

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Frustration is escalating among those of use who have had our rigs built (according to dealer), but status remains "In Production" and no communication from Ford. I considered reaching out to my dealer about canceling, as this issue with MIC tops is nearly guaranteed not to be resolved until the MOD tops are available (2023).

Seems highly unlikely Webasto can build these based on what we've seen, and securing another manufacturer for the same MIC design won't happen any sooner than 2023.

Even more concerning is, despite additional QC from Ford before sending out rigs, these MIC tops are just about certain to have issues. No amount of owner inspection is going to mitigate that, particularly when @PREMiERdrum didn't observe problems for 3+ weeks.

I realize Ford will need time to develop and cost out a mitigation approach for this major issue. But the sooner they get to a point they can communicate a remedy, the better.

Rlack75

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Units held for roof inspection (and possible replacement) will be released as they're addressed. The batching holds are done, so I expect movement soon. I don't know if there will be a separate communication until/if they decide to change the current course of action on the MIC units. As of now, they have not.
Really frustrating as we see Broncos… “In Production….built…shipped” in a matter of days as ours sit for weeks in the world of the unknown. The abyss where we have 0 visibility, 0 communication from Ford.

Ford - “Hey Mr. Customer, your Bronco is In Production with a secondary status of produced. We are “unable” to provide you with any further information. It will be released someday, can’t tell you when, can’t tell you the process, so just sit tight, it will be shipped when it is shipped”.

Sponsored

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

IF I were to get my BL 2dr with MIC top, after documenting with multiple photos my next step would be sealing all top edges with clear silicone sealer, driving the thing, and waiting for a longer term solution from FMC.
(Land Rover Defender and Disco owners are proficient in the use of silicone sealer)

Sponticore

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My two feet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Units held for roof inspection (and possible replacement) will be released as they're addressed. The batching holds are done, so I expect movement soon. I don't know if there will be a separate communication until/if they decide to change the current course of action on the MIC units. As of now, they have not.
Batching holds done - hopefully that means that they aren't holding any new batches AND the previous batches are no longer being held - released. This gives me hope.

It's hard to be patient as I sold my vehicle already (my own fault) but at the same time I feel guilty being frustrated since I have a date, and soon will have a sick Badlands!

Sponsored

Sasquobx

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sorry if this was already shared on this thread….

When was the last time scheduling emails went out in mass?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

So many of you have reached out offering thanks, gifts, and booze to me, but that's not why I'm here.

For those of you looking to show thanks with gifts, I'd ask that you consider making a donation to our Watkins Memorial Band Boosters organization (a 501c3 nonprofit) that supports the instrumental music programs of Watkins Memorial High School. Donations can me made via Paypal send to [email protected]. If you add "Drumline" or "Premier Drums" in the note line, the officers will ensure your donation is set aside for our percussion needs.

Thank you all for your generosity! (Pictured below is our last "regular"[pre-COVID] group of drumline kids, and a blonde me before growing my hair out)
My oldest did drum line in high school. Marching and winter. A LOT of work. Both football and xc/distance track was easier for my other two.

MacDonald_Photo

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Batching holds done - hopefully that means that they aren't holding any new batches AND the previous batches are no longer being held - released. This gives me hope.

It's hard to be patient as I sold my vehicle already (my own fault) but at the same time I feel guilty being frustrated since I have a date, and soon will have a sick Badlands!
Yeah I was wondering what "Batching holds done" meant as well.
I hate asking @PREMiERdrum to answer questions....Poor dude is BOMBARDED all day long!

OP
OP
PREMiERdrum

PREMiERdrum

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Flex, 2016 Explorer, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My oldest did drum line in high school. Marching and winter. A LOT of work. Both football and xc/distance track was easier for my other two.
For summer / fall season we start drumline conditioning in early March. The kids start every clinic with 1.5 miles on the track, stopping for a circuit of push ups and sit ups every half lap. Additionally, after lap 3 and lap 6 we stop and do a full core-focused yoga regimen of planking, stretching, balance, and breathing.

Our football players like to joke that their drumline trains harder than most of their opponents.

Yeah I was wondering what "Batching holds done" meant as well.
I hate asking @PREMiERdrum to answer questions....Poor dude is BOMBARDED all day long!
No more huge batches are being held after gate release, and they are working through those who were held. I expect these delays to be completely addressed in the next couple weeks.
Sponsored