First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Had I checked my vin tracker at the time that I called I probably would have seen the window sticker link, but I called just because I was getting antsy for info. Window sticker was available by the next morning!
But did you get an email first then call??
Sponsored

Brandon1282

First Edition
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRD, 2021 GMC 1500 AT4 3.0
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Question…
I had a 7/26 build date that became unscheduled a couple of weeks ago and I still have no build date…what can I expect?
Cheers,
How did you find out your became "unscheduled?"

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Model change over is in mid-December, and you'll know when you receive your build date and VIN (if not before) what your model year is.
So since the Year is Built onto the VIN, if a Bronco Build gets pushed back to far, it would seem the only option would be to issue a new VIN

Sure hope Ford can figure out how to do that without canceling a persons order and trying to reorder a 2022.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not so fast though -
The DEAL is: NOW you're buying your Bronco with a Soft Top -

When the Hard Top is finally available you can BUY one from Ford - for another $3,000 or $4,000 -
And you still don't know if it's any good -
Is it Reliable ??
Will it last a few Years ???

Or will it FALL APART like the CRAP they're making SO FAR ???
No, I was referring to what @PREMiERdrum said he thought Ford should do. He was saying Ford should offer the soft top and later give the hard top and points. I'd be OK without the points. Since I have a two-door, right now, there isn't even a soft top option for me unless Ford made some arrangement with Bestop to send them their soft tops for use in production. Given that requires a change in assembly line procedures and Bestop probably isn't scaled for producing 100 two-door soft tops every day, that's not a likely scenario, anyway.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Granted it is frustrating and a fracas of great proportion but shit happens and I believe ford wants these tops out more that you or I want them on our broncos.
no business likes to lose money & customers & reputation
This cannot be overstated. If the Ford Bronco was its own business, it would likely be a Fortune 500 company. Billions of dollars in revenue are dependent upon resolving these issues. It's far more important to Ford for money and publicity to get this resolved.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the Bronco, I sense Ford is in a race against time as the redesigned Ranger Tremor and Ranger Raptor loom on the horizon. The Bronco has been in the right place at the right time. Last year’s answer to a dreadful pandemic life. Even in 2021, the Bronco has the lure of a go anywhere vehicle.

Ford understands the market and they know how to build trucks. Will the average buyer see value in a 2022/2023 Ranger vehicle for overlanding, camping and their off-road lifestyle? If they do, late this year and into 2022, some potential owners may abandon their delivered Bronco at the dealerships as the latest Ranger models lure them away.
I don't yet see any change of my mind in the near future, but as time passes there is more opportunity for me to come to my senses and realize the Bronco doesn't really make a lot of sense. :) But sometimes you want a vehicle that excites your emotions and isn't just sensible. Usually emotional purchases are spontaneous, so as time passes, Ford risks that our intellectual side of the brain talks us out of doing something stupid. :D

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it? Because part of the problem seems to be the producibility of the design from the materials specified. If I were Webasto that would be my basis of argument.
But should Webasto have accepted a spec of design and materials that they (the experts) should have known would not be successful?

Hemisfear

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you find out your became "unscheduled?"
I checked with my dealer…
I actually just came back from said dealer…
Aug17 is my new date and I just happened to take a Cyber Orange/2Door/Badlands/Sasquatch/2.7L/Lux/Leather/MIC…for a drive!
Beyond my expectations…
AWESOME
EPIC
PERFECTION
CANT WAIT FOR MINE! 🐴🐴🥌
Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 CE2B3ECF-7B9C-4D11-91AE-43958BEFC86F

Ford Bronco Bronco Production Update From MAP - July 19th 🏭 262980B7-8E2D-4EBB-BC7B-1D90D92296BF

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't yet see any change of my mind in the near future, but as time passes there is more opportunity for me to come to my senses and realize the Bronco doesn't really make a lot of sense. :) But sometimes you want a vehicle that excites your emotions and isn't just sensible. Usually emotional purchases are spontaneous, so as time passes, Ford risks that our intellectual side of the brain talks us out of doing something stupid. :D
I see many similarities between a personal relationship and the desire to purchase a Bronco. In each case we may invest a significant amount of time, money, and emotional energy. Some may decide to “divorce” themselves from the relationship and that takes time and more emotional energy. The human species, tends to gravitate toward the familiar, so we tend to stay within relationships for better or worse. Most of us will take delivery of our Broncos and will be happy.

For those who question their decisions, one usually is either running away from a situation or is being drawn toward a new situation. For some, events like the quality of the MIC top may create a running away tendency. For those who cross shop and see new opportunities, they will be running toward the event. When both sides align, strong forces will come into play. Buying a Bronco is not for the faint of heart!

PCgrad98

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I see many similarities between a personal relationship and the desire to purchase a Bronco. In each case we may invest a significant amount of time, money, and emotional energy. Some may decide to “divorce” themselves from the relationship and that takes time and more emotional energy. The human species, tends to gravitate toward the familiar, so we tend to stay within relationships for better or worse. Most of us will take delivery of our Broncos and will be happy.

For those who question their decisions, one usually is either running away from a situation or is being drawn toward a new situation. For some, events like the quality of the MIC top may create a running away tendency. For those who cross shop and see new opportunities, they will be running toward the event. When both sides align, strong forces will come into play. Buying a Bronco is not for the faint of heart!
Not sure what this means but I think I like it! Is this like a horoscope for Bronco owners? If so, Can you tell me when I'll get mine?

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not sure what this means but I think I like it! Is this like a horoscope for Bronco owners? If so, Can you tell me when I'll get mine?
Ha-ha! Soon! Sit tight!

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Appreciate the update, but i don't know if this makes me feel better or worse...and i switched to a soft top. Yes, I'm not a die hard and I've been reconsidering.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for the updates!!!!
I have a 2 door ordered and with these roof issues....I am getting very disillusioned and concerned. I am a car perfectionist. I maintain my vehicles and keep them in an excellent condition. I will not settle for anything less than a perfect MIC top, especially on a $50K vehicle. WHY would FORD send these bad tops out to begin with? Are they going to do a better job of checking for these now known issues before they ever send a Bronco out to a Dealership? Now that these issues are known......we should see no more bad tops sent out......I would certainly hope so! It's been over a year and I really have no idea when I will get my Bronco....none. Despite Ford saying we would all have build dates by now. I passed up on a fully decked out Rubicon in a highly desired color last month....it's gone now (good for Ford!). At this rate..... the new Hummers may be out before I see my Bronco. Venting done but this quite frankly is getting old. I sure hope that FORD reads these comments!
Add:
Do we have any assurance that IF we get a bad top....that FORD will replace it free of charge under warranty? I would also state that the warranty on the top should be extended to 10 years or for the life time of ownership for the original owner for all 2021 and 2022 models. This would put many at ease that any issues with these new model tops WILL be corrected by FORD.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is a very true statement.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my unsolicited opinion, this would be the best course of action:

"We're sorry to share with you that the Molded-in-Color hard tops arriving at our production facility from a supplier have failed to meet the standards we have for a product as exciting as Bronco. Going forward, all Bronco 4-door units will be shipped with the factory soft top until a new hard top is available, at which point one will be available to you through your dealer. Two-door Broncos will be shipped with the Bestop soft top. As an appreciation for your patience and understanding, we've automatically credited your FordPass Rewards account with an additional 25,000 points, and you'll soon receive an email with a lifetime premium membership to Bronco Nation. There's still some wild out there, and we can't wait to help you find it."

Cutting their loss NOW would make a huge difference in what they're on the hook for down the road.
🤔 What does premium membership to Bronco Nation include? :)
Sponsored