Psny

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, F two fiddy
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Few random questions maybe you guys can help me out with, sorry if they're covered elsewhere.
1) Does anyone know of a source for the factory 4 door Wildtrak body graphics? We ordered without and would like to add them now to break up the paint a little.
2) Has anyone rigged something up to remove the hardtop? I have an electric hoist & 10' ceilings in the garage looking for some different ideas for a rigging system.
3) Anyone making front splash guards to fit the sasquatch with side steps yet or an update as to when?
4) Why do some people refer to Broncos as trucks haha, is it a regional thing or nationwide? Around here trucks have beds was just curious.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4) Why do some people refer to Broncos as trucks haha, is it a regional thing or nationwide? Around here trucks have beds was just curious.
Ooo!! I can do that one. I has to do with the origins of the Bronco, how vehicles have been traditionally built, with some regional differences added in.

There are two types of basic vehicle designs these days: body-on-frame, and unibody. Body-on-frame is how vehicles have traditionally been built since the beginning of mass-produced vehicles. In the 1960s, manufactures started switching to the unibody platforms on their cars, but the trucks largely remained body-on-frame due to their added strength and rigidity.

It is still largely the same today. Trucks are body-on-frame, cars are unibody. For most of its life, the Bronco was based on the F-100/F-150 pickup truck, which obviously had a body-on-frame platform. The new Bronco is based on the T6 platform, which is also a body-on-frame platform used in the modern Ford Ranger. Therefore, the Bronco is a truck, because it is based on a truck platform and has a body-on-frame design.

Admittedly things get really messy when you deal with crossovers and SUVs. Generally speaking most SUVs are body-on-frame, and most crossovers are unibody but that isn't a universal truth. The Jeep Cherokee XJ is considered by many to be the best SUV of the 1990s, but it is a unibody platform. The brand new Ford Maverick is also a unibody platform, and considered by many to be a "fake" truck, despite having a pickup bed like most trucks. And the Bronco Sport is marketed as an SUV, but is based on the same C2 unibody platform as the Maverick. That C2 platform also happens to be the same platform used for the Ford Focus, which most people would probably agree is definitely a car. So yeah, it gets messy.

(Hopefully that wasn't too incredibly confusing.)

Last edited:

2w1se

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vw atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ooo!! I can do that one. I has to do with the origins of the Bronco, how vehicles have been traditionally built, with some regional differences added in.

There are two types of basic vehicle designs these days: body-on-frame, and unibody. Body-on-frame is how vehicles have traditionally been built since the beginning of mass-produced vehicles. In the 1960s, manufactures started switching to the unibody platforms on their cars, but the trucks largely remained body-on-frame due to their added strength and rigidity.

It is still largely the same today. Trucks are body-on-frame, cars are unibody. For most of its life, the Bronco was based on the F-100/F-150 pickup truck, which obviously had a body-on-frame platform. The new Bronco is based on the T6 platform, which is also a body-on-frame platform used in the modern Ford Ranger. Therefore, the Bronco is a truck, because it is based on a truck platform and has a body-on-frame design.

Admittedly things get really messy when you deal with crossovers and SUVs. Generally speaking most SUVs are body-on-frame, and most crossovers are unibody but that isn't a universal truth. The Jeep Wrangler XJ is considered by many to be the best SUV of the 1990s, but it is a unibody platform. The brand new Ford Maverick is also a unibody platform, and considered by many to be a "fake" truck, despite having a pickup bed like most trucks.

(Hopefully that wasn't too incredibly confusing.)
Exactly, and I wouldn't call the Subaru Baja a truck. its more about its utility and not the bed. is it for hauling or carrying something.

Ford Bronco Bronco questions 1640821153053

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
When the original Bronco (suv) came out there were still plenty of body on frame cars. I don't ever recall anyone referring to all those Crown Vic squad cars ten years ago, as trucks. I'm calling BS on the orgins myth.

Toffen

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Few random questions maybe you guys can help me out with, sorry if they're covered elsewhere.
1) Does anyone know of a source for the factory 4 door Wildtrak body graphics? We ordered without and would like to add them now to break up the paint a little.
2) Has anyone rigged something up to remove the hardtop? I have an electric hoist & 10' ceilings in the garage looking for some different ideas for a rigging system.
3) Anyone making front splash guards to fit the sasquatch with side steps yet or an update as to when?
The ones with a bed are called
Pickup Trucks…

Sponsored

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't answer that one, but both my title and my insurance company says "Ford Truck Escape" for my 2014 Escape, which doesn't contain any truck parts like the 2012 and older Escape did. Some things just can't be explained.

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

For me, calling a "rig" sounds a bit odd, I always think of a 18 wheeler as a rig. And it's based off the ranger truck platform.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

wrbix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR Def90, F250 7.3, Caterham 7, LR Series III, etc
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My wife constantly refers to her LR4 as her “truck”, to which I respond the F250 in the driveway is our only truck.

getpower1

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A Kenworth Concrete mixer is a truck. Yet it has no bed. I don’t have any stake in the argument going on. But IMO it definitely doesn’t have to have a bed to be a truck.

Dont have sources for graphics or mudflaps. But since I’ve been into the bronco thing and on this forum I keep getting advertisements thrown at me on social media about a thing called a topper lift or something to that effect. Looks cool and like I’d use it. But very expensive for what it is. I’m sure Google can be your friend here.

JJ Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1) I did a quick search and this place has tons of graphics, some in the same spot as the Wildtrak graphics but I didn't see an exact match.
https://www.vortexsigns.com/bronco-accessories

4) I agree with @RagnarKon and in the last decades or so anything body on frame is a "Truck."

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well maybe we should call cars saloons, and anything bigger a lorry. Whatcha think govner?
Sponsored