Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks like they went ahead from pit 5 and then returned. Not looking promising.
Yeah, they stopped a couple more times, then went off course and trailered(?) back to Ensenada. Skipped the last ~225 miles of the race course. Not the kind of showing they were aiming for I'm sure.

BRP5.png
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Some good news for Ford ... a Bronco finished the race. It was the ONLY Class 3 vehicle this year (production vehicle available to the public, short wheelbase, 4x4).

Donald Moss's 1979 gen2, #302 in this year's race.

DM 302 cci00003.jpg

Maybe Ford will want to check out some Bronco's that have finished or won the race for more inspiration. Both of these units were running solid axles and V8's ... :giggle:

2015-ORMHOF-Bronco-001-1600x1066.jpg

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Well that's disappointing. Better luck next time. Wonder how much of the damage was from getting hit and how much was from parts just breaking.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for all the updates folks. It's a tough race, no doubt.

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Looks like the only other class 2 vehicle, the SCG Baja Boot, did finish the race - they came in at a bit over 33 hours, the 2nd to last vehicle to finish.

Disappointing for Ford. I'm curious how their marketing department will try to spin this one.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like the only other class 2 vehicle, the SCG Baja Boot, did finish the race - they came in at a bit over 33 hours, the 2nd to last vehicle to finish.

Disappointing for Ford. I'm curious how their marketing department will try to spin this one.
weren't they involved in an accident ? ….. think the spin has been spun :frown:

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
So I guess the Trophy truck that slid into the Bronco R broke the skid plate, which led to other damage?

U725

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Roadster, R53 MC40 Mini Cooper S
I see no reason to "spin" this in any way. They showed up to a grueling race with a new truck that by all accounts was performing well, until an accident caused a chain of other problems.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It really is disappointing! I know it's Baja and things happen but to not even be able to finish the race in the new Bronco. The 79 wins class 3 and we had a golden opportunity to win class 2 and couldn't even get to the finish line I'm in the market for a new Bronco to go with my 68 (dad bought brand new in late 67) but wondering if they shouldn't have just gone old school with solid axles and a v8. Look at the new Superduty 7.3l pushrod v8 coming out!

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has there been any official report on the crash? I've seen it mentioned here but can't find anything official. Ford Performance's twitter mentioned:
-Broken Skid Plate
-Broken control arm
-Broken cooling fan

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has there been any official report on the crash? I've seen it mentioned here but can't find anything official. Ford Performance's twitter mentioned:
-Broken Skid Plate
-Broken control arm
-Broken cooling fan
And I believe a broken tie rod. Haven't heard anymore on the truck sliding into us.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/SCOREintl?ref_src=twsrc^tfw">@SCOREintl</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Baja1000?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#Baja1000</a> is one of the most grueling off-road races in the world - why we consistently test our latest off-road trucks in its conditions. We’re disappointed to not finish this year, but will continue to test &amp; improve the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/FordBroncoR?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#FordBroncoR</a>. See you next year! <a href="https://t.co/2VfQqvS3hg">pic.twitter.com/2VfQqvS3hg</a></p>&mdash; Ford Performance (@FordPerformance) <a href="">November 25, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Not much more to say, not sure how you "spin" a DNF without looking like a crybaby.

Looks like I need to work on my Twitter copy/paste skills.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup, that's a good tweet. One of the main reasons they participate is to test, and learn from the results, even if they are unfavourable.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yup, that's a good tweet. One of the main reasons they participate is to test, and learn from the results, even if they are unfavourable.
Despite those hedging statements, Ford intended this truck to finish in a wall-to-wall headline blitz. They didn't pick the driver they went with for "testing".
Sponsored