Sponsored

Bronco R Race Prototype Revealed for Baja 1000!

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
In my opinion, the production front windshield will be more upright (like the one under the tarp). The sloped "R" windshield is probably specific to the Baja prototype.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the R is boasting 14-18" of travel when set up at 90" wide, what do you think is left when the a-arms are a foot shorter? 8"? (the KDR2 is 37*12.5)

arm length.png

Although, I might be under estimating how wide this thing is, if the tire is 12.5" or if the black and white tiles are 18" then this pig could be 106" wide. 74"+25" would also put it around 100" wide -- wider than the length of the JL 2-door wheelbase ...

width.png

(thanks for parking it on a grid!)

BroncoBuyer

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC
Your Bronco Model
Base
this pig could be 106" wide.

Over DOT legal 102”? That would require the trailer hauling it to not be an enclosed trailer to allow it to hang over the sides of a max 102” wide trailer., they would have also had to obtain an over sized permit to legally transport it.

I can’t imagine that thing being anywhere near 106” wide but I don’t know Baja trucks and have never seen how one is hauled.

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the R is boasting 14-18" of travel when set up at 90" wide, what do you think is left when the a-arms are a foot shorter? 8"? (the KDR2 is 37*12.5)

arm length.png

Although, I might be under estimating how wide this thing is, if the tire is 12.5" or if the black and white tiles are 18" then this pig could be 106" wide. 74"+25" would also put it around 100" wide -- wider than the length of the JL 2-door wheelbase ...

width.png

(thanks for parking it on a grid!)
If those are 18 inch racedecks, the inside to inside tire width is roughly 72" add 25 inches, outside to outside tread. We are at 97, with tire squish and sidwall bulge, its about 99-101 inches wide.

Honestly, I dont think those control arms are much longer than stock. Maybe 2 inches on either side, the custom knuckles and offset wheels are what makes this one so wide.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Over DOT legal 102”? That would require the trailer hauling it to not be an enclosed trailer to allow it to hang over the sides of a max 102” wide trailer., they would have also had to obtain an over sized permit to legally transport it.

I can’t imagine that thing being anywhere near 106” wide but I don’t know Baja trucks and have never seen how one is hauled.
Trailering tires.

It's how they get big show trucks and junk like that from place to place (ever see a "monster truck" get loaded?). Looks ridiculous, but fits in the trailer.

Or just slap a big "wide load" placard on it. Big junk gets moved on highways all the time.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Granted the side flares are specific to the "R", but what do you guys think of the hood itself...do you guess that'll switch over to the production vehicle as is??

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is 9-10 inches of travel on the production version. That being said. The wrangler is what 8 inch travel on the stock setup? With sway bars connected and stock shocks of course.

As far as witdth goes. I'm assuming it wont be as flat as the original bronco, but by my best estimate. Interior shoulder room will be about 60 inches which would make a world of difference when compared to the jeep. What will be sacrificed is the overall body width would be a touch more.

Sponsored

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also, anybody notice the brackets right in front of the windshield, IE mirror mounts? They seem to come straight off the cowl.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Interior shoulder room will be about 60 inches which would make a world of difference when compared to the jeep. What will be sacrificed is the overall body width would be a touch more.
you've made my night Sir, a cold beer in your general direction :beer:

:like:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
compare the headrests …..looks like at least a few inches …..I hope :fingerscrossed:
The interior is nearly indistinguishable.

BR-EB 50ms.gif

The difference is all in the crash protection buffer and fender flares.

phillyfx4

Outer Banks
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F 150 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
just measured above the arm rests in my 2008 F 150 Ext. Cab and it's +/- 65" in width

If that's all I'll lose is 5" ….. safe to say, I'M IN !

:beer:

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
so...safe to guess probably wider than wrangler's 73.8" at the fender flares?
Sponsored