Sponsored

Bronco R Race Prototype Revealed for Baja 1000!

west

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 T-Bird, 71 LTD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Very nice, can't wait :)
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thanks....my guess too.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
nothing of what you are seeing will even remotely make it on the new Bronco you all know that right? It is like the Nascar body kits that they use on racing type chassis.

snipes243

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 ford Bronco, 06 ford Ranger, couple of jeeps and F250
So you're saying there's a chance?

I thought it was odd that the press release specifically referred to the 5 link rear suspension being production configuration but not the front. That IFS (specifically the cradle and lower arm pivot spacing) definitely looks like a production piece though…

If the IFS is indicative of what we will be getting from the actual production vehicle, the Bronco is just another "also ran" Jeep competitor in my book.
Basically the revived Toyota FJ didn't they unveil it similar?

https://www.motortrend.com/news/news061107-2007-toyota-fj-cruiser-race-truck-copy/

Sponsored

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
nothing of what you are seeing will even remotely make it on the new Bronco you all know that right? It is like the Nascar body kits that they use on racing type chassis.
Except for that it's not. Unlike Nascar, this is production based. From the actual press release:

"The race prototype is built on a modified Ford T6 architecture that will provide the base for the production model. Beefed up for Baja, Bronco R features an independent front suspension with 14 inches of travel and a production-based five-link rear chassis design with up to 18 inches of travel, plus custom Fox shocks, 17-inch beadlock-capable aluminum wheels and 37-inch BFGoodrich tires."

snipes243

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 ford Bronco, 06 ford Ranger, couple of jeeps and F250
The Toyota guys say the same thing all the time. And they drop thousands of dollars on suspension upgrades. Only to get passed on the trail buy a thousand dollar jeep cherokee, while they are broke down trying to figure out how to reattach an A-arm.

bbostic5

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 4Runner, '08 Civic, Waiting on a 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think this puts a lot of fears to rest and Ford is going to crush it with the production version + variants.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

https://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/04/sema-2008-svt-raptor-r-race-truck-to-enter-baja-1000/

svtraptorr_lead.jpg

Production Raptor

2010_ford_f-150_extended-cab-pickup_svt-raptor_fq_oem_5_500.jpg

From the news release:

As a test, the Bronco R will head back to the Baja Peninsula later this month to take on the near 1,000-mile grueling off-road course and challenge the production Bronco’s powertrain and architecture.

And as a tease, the Bronco R – developed by Ford Performance in collaboration with builder Geiser Bros Design and Development and Baja 1000 Trophy Truck champion Cameron Steele – drops heritage-inspired design and proportion hints of what enthusiasts can expect to see when the future Bronco makes its world premiere next spring.
The team worked in secret to create a one-off build that hints at the all-new Bronco to come, while paying homage to the first-generation Bronco’s styling and proportions that made the nameplate an instant off-road icon a half-century ago.

jamanrr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Ford F150 Powerstroke,
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
and you had to post a Raptor picture, I am a previous Gen 1 Raptor owner and yes it is pretty much a baja production truck. This is my old Raptor and I know what they can do, unless Ford releases a Raptor Bronco then it will definitely not have Fox shocks. I would be happy with Rancho off road shocks and some nice BFs but I am not sure how a 4 cylinder Bronco Raptor would work anyway guess it would be like the Ranger Raptor.

IMG_2853.JPG

Sponsored

Toyhoarder

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco, F-150, F-450
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m really trying to be alright with the idea of IFS but had a bit of an issue yesterday...

Out elk hunting on a snowy mountain road and had another IWE (locking hub) failure on my F-150. I’ve changed IWEs and hubs several times but they just don’t hold up to 35” tires. These are the same parts that are stock on the Raptor, and they have the same issue. Luckily I was able to back down the mountain instead of walk. Hopefully they have improved this design for future Ford IFS 4x4s.
Sponsored