Sponsored

Bronco R Race Prototype Revealed for Baja 1000!

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just a few minor things like:
Body styling
Dimensions
Drive Train
Model Trim
Not sure you can put a real deposit down yet anyways... pretty sure by the time you can do that, the majority of the information will be out there.
Sponsored

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not sure you can put a real deposit down yet anyways... pretty sure by the time you can do that, the majority of the information will be out there.
My attempt at sarcasm was missed. Those are all defining items of what the actual BroncoBronco will be that the public doesn’t know.
Not sure how anyone other than the fanboys can be so positive about buying the Bronco. The 4Runner and the Wrangler are 2 vastly different vehicles, they may get the same job done but it’s like comparing one of those can-am 3wheelers vs a motorcycle. Similar experience but maybe the answer is something in-between LOL.

Fosters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F450 2018 Mustang eb premium vert, 2013 Mustang 6A, 2004 mustang gt, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 2019 Can-Am Maverick Sport X RC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I here ya, I agree with most of what you say about the rocks/SFA, luckily most of what you said about IFS is misrepresented. We can keep the technical convo going on the other thread if you want.
Most of what i've said about IFS is misrepresented... like what? the fact that they're better for rock crawling, and the fact that they suck to lift, and the fact that they have crap for wheel travel? I have experience with both. They both have good points and bad points. Those are the bad points about the IFS and if you think they're misrepresented feel free to make your counterpoints.

Also, if you think the Blazer even tried, you are not being very honest. Lets not use a strawman, heck the Blazer isn't even a strawman, I hear it's gender non-conforming
Correct, the Blazer went from a solid axle to an independent suspension design... by your reasoning, it's the best offroader ever because side by sides use independent suspensions.

Also 2.0: What gets me is the "I passed jeeps in an 86 IDI so you can do it in an IFS because sidebysides are better" type comments. This = Joke, to point out that driving a Jeep doesn't make you less of a "trail tampon", I mean yea it actually happened but if you actually think I thought my non-overdrive 4 speed manual could outrun anything anywhere then you missed the point.
Once again, here's your lack of knowledge on anything related to rock crawling and what jeeps are actually for showing. Let me break this down for you:
Rock crawling does not mean the terminal velocity of a 6.9 idi on a road where there are rocks.
You don't pass people when rock crawling.
You don't get extra points or the scantily clad women with chamagne running towards you when you pass people.
It's not a race.
Horsepower rarely makes a difference.
The slower you can go the better you are off.
Gearing, articulation and tire size make all of the difference.
It's obstacles.
You either get past an obstacle or you don't.
There's usually a line and every obstacle is tackled by one guy at a time.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My attempt at sarcasm was missed. Those are all defining items of what the actual BroncoBronco will be that the public doesn’t know.
Not sure how anyone other than the fanboys can be so positive about buying the Bronco. The 4Runner and the Wrangler are 2 vastly different vehicles, they may get the same job done but it’s like comparing one of those can-am 3wheelers vs a motorcycle. Similar experience but maybe the answer is something in-between LOL.
Ah. Wouldn't be the first time, and not the last.

Like my post in another thread, I don't know how anyone can gather enough information to make a decision at this point.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fosters, please go to the other thread for continued discussion on this. I'll add that in general our discussions have at least some level of mutual respect, at least more than I am seeing here. Basically everything you are talking about has already been detailed by someone on this forum. I understand if you don't want to go back and find everything, hence why I recommend the other thread for continued discussion. I cant wait to be EDUCATED! since I clearly know nothing ;). For now you have the benefit of the doubt but judging by your misrepresentation of what I have said this is already past the troll county line

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not much production vehicle here ...

cbig 2.png

cbig 5.png

And there are still some questions as to whether the chassis was even Ranger/Bronco/T6 related, or just borrowed from a regular cab short box F150.

Originally Posted by 68ford

Bronco R was built on a 4x4 f150 frame using it's 2.7 engine trans and t case. It has nothing to do with the new bronco. It was built as a marketing tool. It was not built of the t6 platform as the article states.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4_gJyOh...=1819nrcr0gj37

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4_tCGXB...d=zbo0bue4ayda

Nanook

Wildtrak
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Bronco, Galaxie, Ducati Streetfighter V4S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here we go...that’s the image that got me to this site months ago!!

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Not much production vehicle here ...
Even the frame they used, whatever it was, looks really modified (even sides of rails look replaced). Thing is as close to a buggy
you can get, without having just tubed out the the whole thing.

OX1

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
59 Bird, 70, 74, 78, 79 Broncos, 84 LTD 331 w/Vortech, 86 Capri 5.0 turbo, 14 Stang GT, 17 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
And as I mentioned somewhere in one of these threads. The real point is
how and where are control arms going to be mounted .

On the one hand, starting with and F150 based frame would be nice and beefy,
but ideally, a EB width frame might be the best for long control arms without
ridiculous overall widths.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"If you don't agree with me, go away" ... got it, I'm sure we're all convinced you're right now.