Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope so too, but I also realize that this engine was modified relative to the turbos for the raptor. So it is not the exact set up that is in the Lincoln.
You are correct, I wasn’t aware the Raptor configuration has 18 more HP and 40 torque then mine stock. Only time will tell.
Sponsored

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Looks like Ford is trying to make it right with the owner.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m confused. He’s only getting 2 yr warranty on the new engine? Doesn’t the vehicle have 5 yr / 60K drivetrain warranty that would cover the engine? Does he mean 2 yr on top of the 5 yr?

BradenOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Wrangler, 21 Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
if it was Fords towing request, I would be submitting that pic to replace the transfer case, freaking lazy tow operator.
If t-case is in 2H then then front end was disengaged should be fine but I'm sure you already did your research more than me I'm just a dumb to truck driver

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“MOTOR BLEW”….. Come-on, can we reduce the sensationalism here? This isn’t the mainstream media, is it? How many times have I read here that any engine fault is described as “MOTOR BLEW’. Is everyone just going for the reaction score?????.

“MOTOR BLEW” to me is piston or rod DEPARTING from the block or oil pan, blower or intake manifold departing from the engine/vehicle, etc….

OK, I’m in a cranky mood tonight and tired or reading sensational posts.

A crack in a head(s?) 2.3L = BLOWN MOTOR??? Engine failure at best.

Sponsored

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

“MOTOR BLEW”….. Come-on, can we reduce the sensationalism here? This isn’t the mainstream media, is it? How many times have I read here that any engine fault is described as “MOTOR BLEW’. Is everyone just going for the reaction score?????.

“MOTOR BLEW” to me is piston or rod DEPARTING from the block or oil pan, blower or intake manifold departing from the engine/vehicle, etc….

OK, I’m in a cranky mood tonight and tired or reading sensational posts.

A crack in a head(s?) 2.3L = BLOWN MOTOR??? Engine failure at best.
Had the same thought. People are statistically unlucky and got a bad build and want to act like it's the start of this big problem at Ford, to stir up controversy, and make themselves feel better about their terrible luck. That's what this was, bad luck. It's built by people (partially at least), people make mistakes, shit happens. At least, and more importantly, Ford is making it right... and I hope giving this guy a bumper to bumper extended warranty for his troubles.

Coloradonatives

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Chevelle 2020 Chevy Traverse 2009 9-7x Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

maybe the cooling pump failed....ugh. Sorry to hear that man. I would ask for a completely NEW vehicle. But then again, even if they gave that to you , you would have to wait.
Yep- you tell 'em what to tell 'em, man! That'll happen.

GT500

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford obviously has some serious quality control issues. Friend had the 2.7 in the Wildtrack replaced along with transmission at 90 miles. Her's is being lemon lawed, buy back.

I would push hard for a buy back. At the very least 8 years warranty. Un acceptable to have engine failure with this few miles.
Looks like working from home during a vehicle launch was not a good idea.

uncledoodoo

Everglades
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
00 XJ, 56 F100, 11 Volvo XC90, Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Had the same thought. People are statistically unlucky and got a bad build and want to act like it's the start of this big problem at Ford, to stir up controversy, and make themselves feel better about their terrible luck. That's what this was, bad luck. It's built by people (partially at least), people make mistakes, shit happens. At least, and more importantly, Ford is making it right... and I hope giving this guy a bumper to bumper extended warranty for his troubles.
Yep, one guy commented on the FB post that "Ford needs to learn how to make engines as good as Jeep" at which I LOL'd and asked him if he'd heard that Jeep just recalled thousands of 4XEs for engine issues. People that equate a few problems with an overall bad design are idiots.

Big L 65

Outer Banks
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m happy ford is doing the Right thing and getting the motor replaced. Good Luck

Sponsored

NavynutZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe the driver was driving like the engine was already broken in.....

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If t-case is in 2H then then front end was disengaged should be fine but I'm sure you already did your research more than me I'm just a dumb to truck driver
Actually this is quite true, with those super dumb front axle CV vacum disconnects out at the wheel ends, you could tow the Braptor any way you want. I bet those stupid axle interlocks are "unlocked" with no vacume anyways. (When ignition is off)
Stupid design that DOES fail on the Raptor pickups. And WILL fail on the Braptor too.
Sponsored